Date: 15-05-24  Time: 01:51 am

Author Topic: Immaculate FZS 600 for sale  (Read 1432 times)

Fred Trevelyan

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Immaculate FZS 600 for sale
« on: 27 May 2013, 04:19:26 pm »
Hello,  This could be a very long story - but I KNOW I can 'go-on' too much, so here we go!! :  It involves a dad (me) returning to biking after may years - when his son got his first 'big-bike'.  Son now rides a Harley and doesn't ask dad to go along much :-(  In 2011 I went looking for a nice Fazer - but found an IMMACULATE one.  That would have been good - but it was so good that I have felt that IT DESERVED to only go out on the nicest, sunniest days. In consequence I have only added 800 miles to the clock (and found myself riding miles on my son's 'old' Bandit (sorry!!) at weekends. So the Fazer is for sale now: As I say, it is immaculate (there can be very few as good out there) and I would like it to go to someone who 'loves' Fazers if possible. It is a 1999 Gold coloured FZS 600 (with colour matched belly pan fitted when new). It has now done 5,800 miles.  Last year I had matched MIchelin Pilot Road3 tyres fitted (only as originals were then 13 years old).  LIkewise I had new brake pads fitted. At the same time a black hugger was put on (I have the chain guard that was taken off of course) and a new battery.  This is going on isn't it?! I had it MoT'd last week and cleaned it yesterday.  It is an very original bike that is in 'showroom' condition and has lead a cosseted life - I did not even polish it before taking photos - just to show how good it is!!  I also got a 'comfort' seat made for it (but didn't find it necessary for the distances I rode it). Anyway - that is the good bit!!   Price?  I had to have it when I saw it and paid a good price to get it.  It 'owes' me well over £3,000 - and I have hardly ridden it.  It's condition must make it VERY rare and I want £2,700 for it (SEE BELOW!!). I know that is a lot and know I may not get it - but I am not in any rush to sell it.  Now, do you, or a friend want a great early Fazer and would be serious about maybe buying this one?  If no one is interested I will put it into MCN in a week or two.  I have lots of photos from yesterday - and when my son comes home I might even be able to upload them!!!  Fred Trevelyan 07873 418210

ADDENDUM!! Cor blimey - I really am rubbish at this aren't I?!  Thanks for all your help everyone.  I still have lots of photos that (as they are large in terms of storage) I can't attach. I have had a look at other ads for Fazers - and although mine is exceptional perhaps I am being a bit ambitious with the price.  I would like this bike to be ridden off by someone who appreciates it as a great Fazer (my nephew has asked about it but I would not like to see it 'wasted' on him - he just wants 'a bike'). I would take £2500 to see it go to a FOC member (but would not be open to any offers at that price).  I live in EXeter.  Cheers again, Fred

« Last Edit: 27 May 2013, 08:28:23 pm by Fred Trevelyan »

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Immaculate FZS 600 for sale
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2013, 05:27:47 pm »
Firstly you need to upload your pictures to a photo hosting site, then use the insert image button above (under the B button) I use photobucket myself but there are lots of others.

Secondly post this in the for sale and wanted section (I expect admins to move it there anyway)

Thirdly good luck with the sale.

Fred Trevelyan

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Immaculate FZS 600 for sale - PART 2 !
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2013, 05:32:05 pm »
Hello again,  My son has tried to attach links to the photos mentioned - but it did not work!  They do not do the bike justice - but if you would like to see them I would be more than happy to send them in reply to an e-mail (my address is f.trevelyan@gmail.com).
PS: I forgot to mention it has a Datatool Veto plus alarm (fitted by Fowlers when new) and it Datatag'd - and I see the mileage is actually 5,650.  I live in Exeter.
Cheers, Fred

Fred Trevelyan

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2013, 05:39:26 pm »
Thanks for that.  My son has just tried to link the photos using photobucket (using magic and wizardry as far as I could tell!!!) but failed.  He has now gone out again - so I have offered to e-mail them to anyone interested.  Thanks again for your help. Fred

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2013, 06:08:58 pm »
I can add photos by just clicking `additional options` at the bottom and then `choose file` under ATTACH. Cant preview the pics but they come up ok when I press post!

Fred Trevelyan

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2013, 08:12:35 pm »
Thanks Doddsie - great help. Cheers, Fred