Date: 10-07-20  Time: 11:41 AM

Author Topic: COVID-19 AKA Coronavirus - A sense of proportion...  (Read 38670 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: COVID-19 AKA Coronavirus - A sense of proportion...
« Reply #2650 on: 30 June 2020, 07:00:55 PM »
There will be all sorts of localised outbreaks to come,  for all sorts of reasons. You wait until the pubs open next week. You've seen nothing yet  :rolleyes

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: 30 June 2020, 07:26:25 PM »

Part of the reason those areas have not been shut down is because it was the Asian areas and the Council and Mayor are both Labour, there was no way they would shut down their voters so it was left to get worse
I don’t follow that logic either.  In Scotland Wee Nikki has held Scotland in lockdown longer and with tighter controls than England.  She has taken no end of flak from opposition politicians, the public and the English press.  But guess what, they are kinda quiet now.

Scotland is on the cusp of eradiating Covid19 – expect we can’t – because we cannot control our borders.

So isn’t it just incompetence from top to bottom in England?  With I shook hands with everybody Johnson in charge – what do you expect?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: 30 June 2020, 08:35:56 PM »

Grahamm

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2653 on: 30 June 2020, 09:08:36 PM »
Meanwhile BoJo has promised a "Whack-a-mole" strategy dealing with recurrances...!

Err, perhaps he's not quite understood how Whack-a-mole works, because every time you knock one down, another one pops up!

So what he's proposed is a futile strategy, just not quite as lethal as "Take it on the chin" and "go for Herd Immunity"...  :rolleyes

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: 30 June 2020, 11:33:54 PM »
Forget 'whack a mole', Johnson is too busy wearing hard hats and driving forklift trucks (yet again) to worry about that.

He's promised a '£5 billion rescue plan' to get the country moving again. As Keunssberg has pointed out, that's about £100 each. Can't wait. I might buy a new tyre.

Grahamm

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: 30 June 2020, 11:46:37 PM »
Forget 'whack a mole', Johnson is too busy wearing hard hats and driving forklift trucks (yet again) to worry about that.

Ah yes, where he gave the magnificent quote "When you're in a hole as deep as this, the only thing to do is keep digging"...!!!

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: 01 July 2020, 07:40:32 AM »
Ah yes, where he gave the magnificent quote "When you're in a hole as deep as this, the only thing to do is keep digging"...!!!

Utter buffoon  :evil
Later

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: 01 July 2020, 07:44:54 AM »
Execpt the white guy at the top has been breaking all the rules. Hmmm yeah.

He should be removed, better still resign, there's not excuse  :evil
Later

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: 01 July 2020, 11:55:04 AM »
Scotland is not on the cusp of eradicating Covid 19, it's just that everybody in Scotland is 3 weeks behind everyone else in UK, and one things for sure you canny hide from a virus forever--you need to be exposed to it to get immunity built up in your body, and this is from a 70 odd year old-- and there WON'T be a vaccine that's a certainty---so suck it up people welcome to the real world.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: 01 July 2020, 05:37:39 PM »

Scotland is not on the cusp of eradicating Covid 19, it's just that everybody in Scotland is 3 weeks behind everyone else in UK,
I know you hate it when things go well in Scotland oldgit.  But right now Scotland’s overall death rate is below the seasonal average.  We are indeed on the cusp of eliminating Covid19. 
Scotland may be only weeks away from no new daily cases of coronavirus. As the nation gets close, cases from over the border will become a big problem
https://www.newscientist.com/article/2247462-scotland-could-eliminate-the-coronavirus-if-it-werent-for-england/
you canny hide from a virus forever--you need to be exposed to it to get immunity built up in your body
Yes you can only get immunity from having had the virus.  But a couple of things – this isn’t just a seasonal flu virus (not forgetting the damage that seasonal flu can do), Covid19 is new, unpredictable, very infectious and often extremely aggressive.

Secondly – If you get it and survive, nobody knows how long any immunity will last.   In short immunity is a theory that nobody is too keen to put to the test.

there WON'T be a vaccine that's a certainty
Vaccines already exist and are being trialled.  Virologists are optimistic  that one or some of these vaccines will prove successful.  But trials take time.
so suck it up people welcome to the real world.
Lets stay vigilant, continue to build our test and trace network, get our economy going, and keep Scotland Covid19 free.

Grahamm

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: 01 July 2020, 08:39:35 PM »
"I'm alright, Jack, foc the rest of you, America First...!"

US secures world stock of key Covid-19 drug remdesivir

And then they get upset when other countries produce their own versions of drugs and sell them cheaper...

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: 01 July 2020, 08:57:50 PM »
"I'm alright, Jack, foc the rest of you, America First...!"

US secures world stock of key Covid-19 drug remdesivir

And then they get upset when other countries produce their own versions of drugs and sell them cheaper...

Apparently it's not that effective, it just delays things slightly some cases, it's not a treatment.  Trump is getting desperate, it's all going very, very wrong, I wonder why  :rolleyes
Later

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: 02 July 2020, 12:12:23 AM »
Looks like the less effective Remdesivir will cost insured US patients over $3,000. I wonder why.

The more effective Dexamethasone, discovered here to reduce deaths, costs £35

Make America Great (profits) Again

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: 04 July 2020, 10:09:17 AM »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: 04 July 2020, 11:55:27 AM »
I don't know why everyone is predicting rowdiness in pubs?
In my local Wetherspoons, for example, there is no standing inside or out. You get planted on a table and that is where you stay. The only crowded area will be in a queue waiting for a free table.
Also if your table is outside on a bench and it starts pissing down then you either try and hide under the umbrella, get wet, or leave. There's no going inside because standing is not allowed.
If the rules are going to be adhered to (we shall see) then you can't even have a beer with your mates because you're meant to limit your table to a maximum of 2 households.
The rules are all very constricting and not appealing at all.

So listening to them on the news likening it to New Years Eve is complete and utter bollox, it will just be like a busy restaurant.

And i would also take a guess that people have been drinking more booze at home than they ever would in a pub, so it's not like people are out of practice. I'm actually the only person i know who's done the complete opposite because i've never really been a fan of drinking at home so just haven't bothered with it, but everyone else i know seems to have been drinking every day.  :b

He seems to make a good point though. :lol

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: 04 July 2020, 12:24:35 PM »

They'll notice a bit of a difference in the price between supermarket drink and pub booze ;) .

Be interesting to see what happens this evening. I shan't bother today, but might pop down my local tomorrow.

The village pubs will probably be fairly uneventful, but I can see there being a few 'issues' at the big town bars. One thing's guaranteed, as usual it'll be the few that spoil it for the many :\
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: 04 July 2020, 12:28:30 PM »

They'll notice a bit of a difference in the price between supermarket drink and pub booze ;) .

Be interesting to see what happens this evening. I shan't bother today, but might pop down my local tomorrow.

The village pubs will probably be fairly uneventful, but I can see there being a few 'issues' at the big town bars. One thing's guaranteed, as usual it'll be the few that spoil it for the many :\

My mate just text me, he was going to pop in to a pub for a couple in a town centre near me and he said the pub is empty but they won't serve him because it's table bookings only?
What the fuck  :groan 
« Last Edit: 04 July 2020, 12:29:19 PM by darrsi »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: 04 July 2020, 01:03:58 PM »

Seems daft when they're empty don't it. Apparently you have to give them some contact details in case you fall Ill with it later on. Perhaps some places will only accept that on-line?.

I've heard that at one of the pubs in our village you have to book a table on-line, but at another you can just turn up, but you still get allocated a table.
That'll be fun if your mates are allocated at one end of the pub and you're stuck right down the other end. And shouting is barred :rolleyes

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: 04 July 2020, 05:39:10 PM »
The village pubs will probably be fairly uneventful, but I can see there being a few 'issues' at the big town bars. One thing's guaranteed, as usual it'll be the few that spoil it for the many

Think you're right. If this system continues, then in a short while the impatient few will kick off. Wouldn't want to be bar staff trying to enforce this.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: 04 July 2020, 06:26:45 PM »
 Facing coverings in shops in Scotland to be compulsory from this coming Friday.

Personally, I don’t get it.  Covid19 is very low level now in Scotland.  Now we have almost got rid of it, lets all start wearing masks. :'(

Another thing.  I tried wearing a mask today.  Put on the medical type – my glasses steamed up.  Stuck on a buff and pulled it up over my face and mouth – my glasses steamed up.

So, do I wear my glasses to the supermarket and crash into everything and everybody, or go without my glasses and return to the house with some randomised shopping.

I am not at all enthusiastic about wearing a mask.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: 04 July 2020, 06:29:51 PM »

The village pubs will probably be fairly uneventful, but I can see there being a few 'issues' at the big town bars. One thing's guaranteed, as usual it'll be the few that spoil it for the many

Think you're right. If this system continues, then in a short while the impatient few will kick off. Wouldn't want to be bar staff trying to enforce this.

Me neither. I couldn't do it. The idiot few would completely do my head in :wall

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: 04 July 2020, 10:54:30 PM »
Facing coverings in shops in Scotland to be compulsory from this coming Friday.

Personally, I don’t get it.  Covid19 is very low level now in Scotland.  Now we have almost got rid of it, lets all start wearing masks. :'(

Another thing.  I tried wearing a mask today.  Put on the medical type – my glasses steamed up.  Stuck on a buff and pulled it up over my face and mouth – my glasses steamed up.

So, do I wear my glasses to the supermarket and crash into everything and everybody, or go without my glasses and return to the house with some randomised shopping.

You're probably less scary with a mask on!
Just saying.....  :lol

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: 04 July 2020, 11:07:32 PM »
 Could you have imagined a year ago, that the wearing of a mask would have ever been compulsory when going into a bank?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: 04 July 2020, 11:08:40 PM »
You're probably less scary with a mask on!
Just saying..... 
Yeah, cheers.
What I could really use is a bleedin hair cut.  I have been tempted to just zip it, but barbers will be open here from the 15th, though I guess demand will be high, but maybe by August.......

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: 05 July 2020, 12:41:00 AM »
I stick on a mask (buff) each time I go into a shop. Helps frighten the other buggers away :D
No problem with glasses. Perhaps you need a pinlock  ;)