Date: 05-06-20  Time: 22:40 PM

Author Topic: COVID-19 AKA Coronavirus - A sense of proportion...  (Read 30508 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: COVID-19 AKA Coronavirus - A sense of proportion...
« Reply #2025 on: 22 May 2020, 09:45:36 PM »
The thing is that from VNAs radicalised extremist perspective almost everyone is right wing.
Shame then how in the politcal views therad, well the result of the survey showed me to be very liberal.

Grahamm

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2026 on: 22 May 2020, 10:29:37 PM »
The UK government was ready for this pandemic. Until it sabotaged its own system

We have been told repeatedly that the UK was unprepared for this pandemic. This is untrue. The UK was prepared, but then it de-prepared. Last year, the Global Health Security Index ranked this nation second in the world for pandemic readiness, while the US was first. Broadly speaking, in both nations the necessary systems were in place. Our governments chose not to use them.

The climate modeller James Annan has used his analytical methods to show what would have happened if the UK government had imposed its lockdown a week earlier. Starting it on 16 March, rather than 23 March, his modelling suggests, would by now have saved around 30,000 lives, reducing the rate of illness and death from coronavirus roughly by a factor of five.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: 23 May 2020, 12:17:42 AM »
The forum is dying because there are no posting rules like on most other forums, and the admins allow the same few people to take over motorcycle related threads and fill them with their political views and when asked to stop just carry on.
It's quite clear from the title this thread is going to be political. It's clearly not about fork springs or oil changes. Forum members don't have to read it.
And people who complain it is political, and then write a post opposing the politics of others, remind me of the family sitting on the beach interviewed by BBC News this week, who were complaining that the beach was too crowded
« Last Edit: 23 May 2020, 12:25:40 AM by mtread »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: 23 May 2020, 12:21:57 AM »
And the other one is to answer with a question like this

Quote from: mtread on 22 May 2020, 08:47:08 PM

QuoteDont you believe in personal responsibility then?

What a silly question   

Don't you believe in government and the rule of law then ?</blockquote>

Now that is the proverbial pot calling the proverbial kettle black :eek

John 8:7

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 91/2 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: 23 May 2020, 09:18:32 AM »
We have a naughty corner so why not have a politics corner. The good thing about that is it is only viewable by members so any one looking to join wont see the shit we write in it. (Untill they join)
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: 23 May 2020, 11:25:58 AM »
Only just heard about this story. Has he breached the coronavirus guidance regarding childcare then?.
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: 23 May 2020, 11:27:47 AM »
It's all OK. Number 10 says his 528 mile round trip was 'essential'. Phew that's a relief.

When you realise that two health advisers have been forced to resign for shorter journeys

One rule for government advisors, and a different rule for the rest of us.
« Last Edit: 23 May 2020, 11:28:52 AM by mtread »

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: 23 May 2020, 11:33:00 AM »
It's all OK. Number 10 says his 528 mile round trip was 'essential'. Phew that's a relief.

When you realise that two health advisers have been forced to resign for shorter journeys

One rule for government advisors, and a different rule for the rest of us.

Sure is mate, but are we surprised Boris and his gang have been doing it for years, plus without the weasel Cummings Boris would be lost.  Didn't you know it's Cummings who's actually the PM, Boris is just the front  ;) :lol
Later

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 91/2 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: 23 May 2020, 11:38:16 AM »
I think all of these advisers should not even exist or if they must then during a leadership election it should be as much about the adviser as the eventual PM they should campaign and appear in tv debates as a pair.

Ironic that the worst of them all Alastair Campbell gets wheeled out by the MSM, talk about hypocrite  :rolleyes .
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: 23 May 2020, 11:59:40 AM »

Only just heard about this story. Has he breached the coronavirus guidance regarding childcare then?.

Sounds like it's all above board then. Ta for clarifying :)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: 23 May 2020, 12:08:47 PM »
Ironic that the worst of them all Alastair Campbell gets wheeled out by the MSM, talk about hypocrite  :rolleyes .
John 8:7 :)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: 23 May 2020, 12:16:03 PM »
The forum is dying because there are no posting rules like on most other forums, and the admins allow the same few people to take over motorcycle related threads and fill them with their political views and when asked to stop just carry on.
It's quite clear from the title this thread is going to be political. It's clearly not about fork springs or oil changes. Forum members don't have to read it.
And people who complain it is political, and then write a post opposing the politics of others, remind me of the family sitting on the beach interviewed by BBC News this week, who were complaining that the beach was too crowded

Absolute bollocks once again, the original post was about how the media was were portraying Covid 19, it then gets politicalised in post 19 by guess who?
VNA of course with one of his ridiculous unfunny cartoons, gets called out for it by Yamfazfan and answers by a smiling emoji.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: 23 May 2020, 12:17:02 PM »
Wee Jimmy clung onto Catherine Calderwood for as long as possible though. It was only when the situation became embarrassingly untenable that she had to go ;) .

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: 23 May 2020, 12:25:28 PM »
Absolute bollocks once again, the original post was about how the media was were portraying Covid 19,

Hmm, nothing political there – eh. :lol

it then gets politicalised in post 19 by guess who?
VNA of course with one of his ridiculous unfunny cartoons, gets called out for it by Yamfazfan and answers by a smiling emoji.
My God fuck me. :eek   Is that is all you have to get upset about man – then be grateful. :rolleyes   

Here’s another cartoon for you……. 8)

:)

« Last Edit: 23 May 2020, 12:26:08 PM by VNA - BMW Wank »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: 23 May 2020, 12:29:13 PM »

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: 23 May 2020, 12:33:48 PM »
One of VNA's favourite remarks is , people get the government they deserve. Well this government is the one he and his cronies deserve, without it they would never have anything or anyone to blame for anything.
Yes and No.  The UK has the government that England deserves.  Scotland didn’t vote for this government, the only country in the UK that arguably did is England.
People have left this forum because of them, new members take one look at all their posted shit and never return
I would remind you Slappy that my sum total of political threads is 1.  I’ve been a member of this forum for pretty much as long as it has been around.  But if others insist starting political threads and expressing right wing views, at times extreme right wing views, I will refute them. 
If you are unhappy with a thread or comments in a thread then draw the mods attention to it.  There are rules and they will act.

Only 45% of Scots voted for the SNP but the other 55% have to put up with their shite.

Since when have you been the one to decide what is right wing or not?  People are entitled to have an opinion that is different from yours and as long as what the say is not illegal such as racist etc then you have absolutely no right to call them out on it.

The mods on this forum are a joke and the only thread I can remember being deleted was one posted by a very popular member on here that you got deleted because it did not suit your " woke " views. Everybody else knew the OP  did not actually mean that a certain person needed a good kicking in the literal sense but that was not good enough for you.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
Later

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: 23 May 2020, 12:36:27 PM »
Absolute bollocks once again, the original post was about how the media was were portraying Covid 19,

Hmm, nothing political there – eh. :lol

it then gets politicalised in post 19 by guess who?
My God fuck me. :eek   Is that is all you have to get upset about man – then be grateful. :rolleyes   

Foccing idiot, once again trying to pretend it was not him who politicalised the thread.

Here’s another cartoon for you……. 8)

:)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: 23 May 2020, 12:49:20 PM »
« Last Edit: 23 May 2020, 01:42:38 PM by dazza »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: 23 May 2020, 12:50:29 PM »

Only 45% of Scots voted for the SNP but the other 55% have to put up with their shite.
Have you been drinking?  Bit early in the day isn’t it?  Look 75% of Scots did not vote Tory at the last GE, but cos 47% of English did – we gotta put up with your countries shite.  Get your facts right!

Since when have you been the one to decide what is right wing or not?  People are entitled to have an opinion that is different from yours and as long as what the say is not illegal such as racist etc then you have absolutely no right to call them out on it.
You are barking up the wrong tree mate.  I don’t start political threads.  But whatever you think, I am entitled to an opinion every bit as much as the next man.  Who are you to decide who is entitled to an opinion or not?
The mods on this forum are a joke and the only thread I can remember being deleted was one posted by a very popular member on here that you got deleted because it did not suit your " woke " views. Everybody else knew the OP  did not actually mean that a certain person needed a good kicking in the literal sense but that was not good enough for you.
I’ve only ever started one political thread.  Ad I’ve only ever once directly approached a moderator. 

So tell me this – have you approached the mods with your complaint (whatever it is)?  Simple question.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: 23 May 2020, 12:59:29 PM »
Priti Thick Patel clarifies exemption rules :

'' Nobody will be fined if they can present a valid Conservative Party Membership Card ''

« Last Edit: 23 May 2020, 01:00:27 PM by mtread »

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: 23 May 2020, 01:05:26 PM »
Priti Thick Patel clarifies exemption rules :

'' Nobody will be fined if they can present a valid Conservative Party Membership Card ''

Is Cummings actually a member.......... I wonder?
Later

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: 23 May 2020, 01:36:54 PM »

That boat video is a bit of an eye-opener dazza  :eek

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: 23 May 2020, 01:50:09 PM »

That boat video is a bit of an eye-opener dazza  :eek

It certainly is.

The French showing their true colours and as usual, all being hushed up and swept under the carpet.

Quite shocking really.

I wonder how many of them are carrying the virus and I also wonder how many of them are potential child rapists on their way to Scotland to join all the others that have only just to light after years of being hushed up.