Date: 26-05-20  Time: 21:20 PM

Author Topic: COVID-19 AKA Coronavirus - A sense of proportion...  (Read 27158 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
Re: COVID-19 AKA Coronavirus - A sense of proportion...
« Reply #626 on: 27 March 2020, 12:23:06 PM »
Wow!
they should have all been tested when Nadine Dorries tested positive on 11 March
Yeah, totally agree they certainly should have been monitoring them.  Although they would not meet NHS and government guidelines for testing – they are the foccin government – I mean they are supposed to be running the country.

On the other hand – I can’t help thinking – has this virus already spread much much wider than we think.  We are supposed to be in the early stages, but so many well known names have been infected it’s uncannae.  Or is that just the nature of their work, social life and the distortion of the media lens.

One thing that is needed is much more testing.  Both testing for the virus and for the anti-bodies.  A few random testing polls around the country would give us an idea of where we are – at the moment we are in the dark – such a poll would be like switching the lights on – big foc off flood lights.

Yes mate, this thing is a lot more wide spread then they're admitting, to be honest I think it's fair to say they really don't have a clue.  Most Western governments are running around trying to figure out what to do, most are running into their own mess of cuts, greed, years of incompetence and lies.  Which is giving them constant obstacles up every avenue/option they go up or try.

The rate in which well known people/celebrities are getting infected, I think is a direct relation to their ability to travel.  Being 'seen' or 'part of the set' on the slopes etc, those with less can't travel as much and that may be the saving grace.  The down side to those without, is they tend to live much closer and the risk of infection is much higher, look at London New York etc, I just wince at the thought of what will happen in India!   

We need testing like 2 months back, but they ignored what the Chinese PXR's were telling them.     
Later

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 27 March 2020, 12:48:20 PM »

Yes mate, this thing is a lot more wide spread then they're admitting, to be honest I think it's fair to say they really don't have a clue.  Most Western governments are running around trying to figure out what to do, most are running into their own mess of cuts, greed, years of incompetence and lies.  Which is giving them constant obstacles up every avenue/option they go up or try.

Yup Gnasher.  Another thing that gets me.  Is if we have feared this situation since the last widespread pandemic (Spanish Flu) then why are we short of protective equipment etc.   We’ve dodged this a number of times over the last few decades but the virologists have been clear that it can and will happen – and here we are – totally unprepared. 

Of course, privatising everything, from infrastructure, to services to utilities , de-industrialisation, cutting out NHS to the bone etc etc etc – just makes it all the harder to deal with this.

We need testing like 2 months back, but they ignored what the Chinese PXR's were telling them.     

Do click on that twitter link (I can’t find the video on you tube in order to embed it), it’s a very short Politics Joe video – just basically quotes from Johnson.

You know the man doesn’t have a clue and he doesn’t give a fuck. 

Here it is again - https://twitter.com/i/status/1243506104094674951

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: 27 March 2020, 01:08:44 PM »
On the other hand – I can’t help thinking – has this virus already spread much much wider than we think.
I think you are right. Look at the rate it's ripping through the USA. Can't just be person to person contact.
They need to quickly do a 100% test on a sample. One town perhaps.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 27 March 2020, 01:25:11 PM »
Quote<blockquote> On the other hand – I can’t help thinking – has this virus already spread much much wider than we think. </blockquote>I think you are right. Look at the rate it's ripping through the USA. Can't just be person to person contact.
They need to quickly do a 100% test on a sample. One town perhaps.
Matt Hancock has just tested positive.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: 27 March 2020, 01:27:01 PM »
Do click on that twitter link (I can’t find the video on you tube in order to embed it), it’s a very short Politics Joe video – just basically quotes from Johnson.

You know the man doesn’t have a clue and he doesn’t give a fuck. 

Yes mate, I do remember all he's said, he is a buffoon, end of. 
Later

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 91/2 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 27 March 2020, 02:07:26 PM »
But hang on - the amount paid is worked out on PROFITS - that's profits that you have made after tax and allowances. So they are working it out on income that has already been taxed. If they are going to tax the payments then it should be worked out on turnover and then tax it.   
No profits is turnover minus business expenses (ie materials, travel etc) before tax and NI.
Typical tax brain - that is exactly what I said - read it again.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 27 March 2020, 02:14:26 PM »
If no one is supposed to be immune how come you can have it but also have no symptoms at all. Isn't that the very definition of immune. If immune means you can not catch it then no one is immune to anything - the very same cold or flu virus, you still get it but have no symptoms again. Confusing myself now -- any help ? 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 27 March 2020, 02:23:30 PM »
Here's an idea all the MPs take a 20% pay cut - at least that would be a symbolic gesture. 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: 27 March 2020, 02:40:30 PM »
   :rollin :rollin

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: 27 March 2020, 02:42:13 PM »
Typical tax brain - that is exactly what I said - read it again.
Nope. You implied it would be calculated based on 'profit' after tax was deducted. That's what you were complaining about.  When it isn't. It's based on the profit declared before tax. The profit declared on the SA Return.
Here's a deal. You don't teach me about tax, and I won't teach anybody about bricklaying  :)

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 27 March 2020, 02:47:39 PM »
If no one is supposed to be immune how come you can have it but also have no symptoms at all. Isn't that the very definition of immune. If immune means you can not catch it then no one is immune to anything - the very same cold or flu virus, you still get it but have no symptoms again. Confusing myself now -- any help ?

It's a bit like the common cold or Flu but a lot more potent, a coronavirus changes it's coat over time (years I think) and we lose some of our immunity so we keep getting colds or the flu.  All colds/flu's effect people differently mostly coughs/running nose/headaches etc, flu proper flu is worse can as does kill the old and those with underlying issues.  In a typical year flu kills around 3000 and bad as many as 15000, but the vast majority just get on with it.  We've got levels of immunity passed on via our parents/families so we get it because it's got a different coat or we as an individual has lost some immunity but not bad and our system suppresses it, kills it and we've got vaccines.  Because most have immunity (this is the important bit) it can't infect us all, the so called heard immunity and it's not spread as fast or as far.   

Covid19 is not a regular clod/flu it's a new strain of virus, rapped in a corona, we have no immunity to it so everyone can catch it and spread it and no vaccine to stop the spread.  If we get enough (viral load) it will kill you, the amount of viral load that will kill you in dependant on, you and your immune system which is age related and any underlying health problems.  Put age and a health problem or health problem an age together and the amount of viral load that will kill you deceases, there's currently no vaccine if you're in the above 2 it's pretty much luck your'll survive.

Once people start recovering, which they're we should, they don't know for sure we will get the heard immunity so the spread will decrease.       
« Last Edit: 27 March 2020, 03:00:07 PM by Gnasher »
Later

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 27 March 2020, 02:47:49 PM »
Boris is now self isolating from his children  :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 27 March 2020, 02:47:55 PM »
Here's a deal. You don't teach me about tax, and I won't teach anybody about bricklaying  :)
Who's the brick layer- im not. although I have done some here and there. Went on a night course once, loved the way they used special mortar the doesn't properly st and use it over and over   

Dynspud

• Club Racer
  • Rattle your goddamn head!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - HD Dyna Wide Glide Evo
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: 27 March 2020, 02:50:17 PM »
Loving the video Sharpie  :lol

.... I just hope I don't run out of beer!!! Classic  :thumbup
Take a deep breath, coz it all starts now, when you pull the foccin' pin

fazersharp

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 27 March 2020, 02:52:49 PM »
It reminds me of war of the worlds where (the newer one ) where Morgan freeman narrates along the lines of "we have brought our protection from the invaders through countless millions of deaths over thousands of years"   

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 27 March 2020, 02:53:47 PM »
Who's the brick layer- im not. although I have done some here and there. Went on a night course once, loved the way they used special mortar the doesn't properly st and use it over and over   
Hopefully it sets at some point, otherwise the wall will fall down.
Bugger! I said I wouldn't teach anybody about bricklaying  :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 27 March 2020, 03:14:29 PM »
 From Camley Cartoons,

Well, I guess that's Saturday's #BorisJohnson  and #MattHancock ~cartoon oot the windae!
:lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: 27 March 2020, 03:17:47 PM »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 27 March 2020, 03:19:43 PM »
Oh well, Worldometer shows 2921 new cases today for the UK.
We are offically in the shit.  Not good.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: 27 March 2020, 03:49:49 PM »
Oh well, Worldometer shows 2921 new cases today for the UK.
We are offically in the shit.  Not good.

Why do you keep posting doom and focing gloom - what's wrong with you.Are you the Son of     

Farmboy81

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 27 March 2020, 03:55:01 PM »
Or rather, the number of confirmed cases has gone up as testing becomes more widely done, this doesn't mean 2921 caught it today.

The more cases that can be identified, the better. Also 5990 people tested negative for the virus in the same period, but that's not a good headline.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 27 March 2020, 03:58:15 PM »

Who's the brick layer- im not.

Me neither, but to be fair it does appear that's occupation of most foc-u members :\
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 27 March 2020, 04:12:57 PM »

Or rather, the number of confirmed cases has gone up as testing becomes more widely done, this doesn't mean 2921 caught it today.
No what it means, is roughly 2921 hospital admissions today.  Things are moving fast and more tests may be available, but up until now you generally only got tested if you showed severe symptoms, and after an overnight stay in hospital you were not fit for discharge.
So that’s why the figure concerns me.
The more cases that can be identified.
Sure, but generally only those who end up in hospital get tested.

Grahamm

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #649 on: 27 March 2020, 07:49:59 PM »
From Camley Cartoons,

Well, I guess that's Saturday's #BorisJohnson  and #MattHancock ~cartoon oot the windae!
:lol

One of my neighbours was taken to hospital and tested positive for COVID-19.

Luckily he was put on one of the new Dyson ventilators...
He's picking up nicely.