Date: 30-05-20  Time: 18:14 PM

Author Topic: COVID-19 AKA Coronavirus - A sense of proportion...  (Read 28959 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: COVID-19 AKA Coronavirus - A sense of proportion...
« Reply #600 on: 26 March 2020, 11:34:13 PM »
OK, he's staying in his second home..... out of 4 (all paid for by us)  :)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 26 March 2020, 11:38:24 PM »
Quote<blockquote> He is at home................... end of.</blockquote>He has cleared off to his second home (paid for by us) like everyone was told not to.
:agree
The NHS Scotland have very limited supplies of Covid19 tests.  HRH did not meet the requirements for testing - yet he was tested.

NHS Scotland, I understand, hope to very soon increase availability of, both of the Covid19 test and the antibody test.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 26 March 2020, 11:48:23 PM »
 https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Meanwhile this thing is growing legs.  The UK stats are extremely worry some. 
Don’t forget, we have a government that has failed to plan for an event the world has feared since the last pandemic.
We have a government whose original plan was to let us have it.
The stats for the USA, state by state, who have done even less than the UK, look terrifying.
I just hope our fairly stringent, but late action, is enough – we’ll soon know.

But hey as long as HRH has been tested and is safely in his highland bolt hole.  Hey if he’s spreadin it aboot a bit, well, the highlands are sparsely populated, and as the anthem goes;

Lord, grant that Marshal Wade,
May by thy mighty aid,
Victory bring.
May he sedition hush,
and like a torrent rush,
Rebellious Scots to crush,
God save the King.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2020, 11:49:37 PM by VNA »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 27 March 2020, 12:04:48 AM »
And the trouble is, we can't join in with the EU purchase of ventilators because we're no longer part of the EU.
Oh hang on, no it's because we missed the deadline.
No no, it's because we're not part of the EU.
No no no it's because we missed the deadline.

And so it goes on. Meanwhile, we do not have enough ventilators 😞

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 27 March 2020, 12:18:47 AM »
And the trouble is, we can't join in with the EU purchase of ventilators because we're no longer part of the EU.
Oh hang on, no it's because we missed the deadline.
No no, it's because we're not part of the EU.
No no no it's because we missed the deadline.

Or is it because our Prime Minister has prioritised political ideology. :\

And so it goes on. Meanwhile, we do not have enough ventilators 😞

But not to worry our PM has had a bright idea. :)

Why not, rather than do a deal with those who currently manufacture ventilators in the UK to get them running at full speed round the clock, you know I mean, how dumb is that. :evil

Far better to prioritise political ideology and place orders with those who supported BREXIT – who cares if they have never made anything like it before. :evil :evil

You know BREXIT – fine – you will just get poorer – but now people will die.

I don’t vote Tory, I’ve never voted Tory, and I never ever ever will vote Tory. :'(

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 27 March 2020, 07:43:11 AM »

I don’t vote Tory, I’ve never voted Tory, and I never ever ever will vote Tory. :'(

I think you may have told us that once or twice previously :z

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 27 March 2020, 07:43:22 AM »
OK, he's staying in his second home..... out of 4 (all paid for by us)  :)

To some extent yes, but that isn't relevant with the discussion, now is it. 

Now if you want to talk/discuss blatant abuse of position/money whatever you want to call it during this crisis, lets look at this bint https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-3194488%2FSEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Kirstie-sleep-Davina-s-hubby.html&psig=AOvVaw1NayQ5N1pQUxYzRCT4z04b&ust=1585380938465000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCIjZ7bOSuugCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Buggers off from her boyfriend who she lives with, as soon has he tests positive and legs it to her second home in Devon, now this is totally taking the piss :2guns :2guns :2guns

Hopefully the police will pay her a visit and fine her and kick her out of Devon the latter won't happen but it should.
Later

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 27 March 2020, 07:45:20 AM »

HRH was tested because he is HRH.

I think you may have told...oh you get the drift :z

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 27 March 2020, 07:53:19 AM »
A reminder that it is not all self employed, just the ones who have lost out because of the virus, but I do not know how it will be worked out. Say you are a self employed super market trolley repairer you have still got work.Perhaps they will go by what you say your business is that you write on the self assessment.

Nope, all self employed will get it, whether they are still working or not. That was the dilemma and reason for the delay. HMRC has no way of knowing who is still working normally, who is working but making less profit, and who isn't working at all. They've gone for the only feasible option, to give it to all. The limit of £2500 per month, and nothing for earners over £50k is to stop it getting too much. Oh and it'll be taxed, so you won't actually get £2500.
Of course, what happens when eventually they look at people's 2020/21 Tax Returns, is another matter....

I didnt think it would be taxed? Hence it being 80% ie 100% minus 20% tax??

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 91/2 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 27 March 2020, 08:06:38 AM »
A reminder that it is not all self employed, just the ones who have lost out because of the virus, but I do not know how it will be worked out. Say you are a self employed super market trolley repairer you have still got work.Perhaps they will go by what you say your business is that you write on the self assessment.

Nope, all self employed will get it, whether they are still working or not. That was the dilemma and reason for the delay. HMRC has no way of knowing who is still working normally, who is working but making less profit, and who isn't working at all. They've gone for the only feasible option, to give it to all. The limit of £2500 per month, and nothing for earners over £50k is to stop it getting too much. Oh and it'll be taxed, so you won't actually get £2500.
Of course, what happens when eventually they look at people's 2020/21 Tax Returns, is another matter....

I didnt think it would be taxed? Hence it being 80% ie 100% minus 20% tax??
It is a bit weird (sneaky) how its done because on the one hand yes its replacing the lost income pro rota average ect so that's right its taxable as it would be as if it were income.
 But hang on - the amount paid is worked out on PROFITS - that's profits that you have made after tax and allowances. So they are working it out on income that has already been taxed. If they are going to tax the payments then it should be worked out on turnover and then tax it.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 27 March 2020, 08:15:31 AM »

To some extent yes, but that isn't relevant with the discussion, now is it. 

Now if you want to talk/discuss blatant abuse of position/money whatever you want to call it during this crisis, lets look at this bint https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ftvshowbiz%2Farticle-3194488%2FSEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Kirstie-sleep-Davina-s-hubby.html&psig=AOvVaw1NayQ5N1pQUxYzRCT4z04b&ust=1585380938465000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCIjZ7bOSuugCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD
Buggers off from her boyfriend who she lives with, as soon has he tests positive and legs it to her second home in Devon, now this is totally taking the piss :2guns :2guns :2guns
Hopefully the police will pay her a visit and fine her and kick her out of Devon the latter won't happen but it should.
Not a fan of that woman but your link just leads to click bait with fake headlines "

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 27 March 2020, 08:30:38 AM »
Not a fan of that woman but your link just leads to click bait with fake headlines "

Sorry about the link and the click bait,  ;)   But I think you'll get what the point is.
« Last Edit: 27 March 2020, 08:58:36 AM by Gnasher »
Later

fazersharp

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 27 March 2020, 08:55:56 AM »
Quote<blockquote>●Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home. </blockquote>However I am classed as an essential worker.
And your essential work is?
If VNA wants to keep it private then that is his right so I will not divulge. But I know what it is because he has said so on this forum in an older post. And I would say that it would be fair to say his job is essential. 
« Last Edit: 27 March 2020, 08:56:52 AM by fazersharp »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 27 March 2020, 09:34:15 AM »
He's probably barred from revealing it in all likelihood.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900i
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #614 on: 27 March 2020, 10:02:50 AM »
But I know what it is because he has said so on this forum in an older post. And I would say that it would be fair to say his job is essential.  [/color]

IIRC, I can remember what it is too and anyone who argues it is not essential would soon complain if he and his colleagues didn't go to work.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

fazersharp

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 27 March 2020, 10:03:47 AM »
Quote<blockquote>●Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home. </blockquote>However I am classed as an essential worker.
If VNA wants to keep it private then that is his right so I will not divulge. But I know what it is because he has said so on this forum in an older post. And I would say that it would be fair to say his job is essential. 
Minister for scotish public relations  :rollin :rollin

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 27 March 2020, 10:11:30 AM »
I'm not a fan of VNA but like Fazersharp I all so read that same post as him and yes he is an essential. Carry on feller we are all safer for you doing it.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 27 March 2020, 10:14:27 AM »
But hang on - the amount paid is worked out on PROFITS - that's profits that you have made after tax and allowances. So they are working it out on income that has already been taxed. If they are going to tax the payments then it should be worked out on turnover and then tax it.   
No profits is turnover minus business expenses (ie materials, travel etc) before tax and NI. As declared on the Self Assessment Return.

Are you sure you advised Sunak?  ;)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 27 March 2020, 11:03:40 AM »

He's probably barred from revealing it in all likelihood.
It’s confusing.  We are told to be ‘proud’ of the ‘essential’ work we do, and I get the impression they want us to promote the company.  But then the next minute they warn us about discussing our work online and company confidentiality and all that. 
Minister for scotish public relations  :rollin
Don’t be daft.  I’m a senior Scottish diplomat – naturally. :evil
I'm not a fan of VNA but like Fazersharp I all so read that same post as him and yes he is an essential. Carry on feller we are all safer for you doing it.
I’m a big fan of yours Steve. :kiss   I mean you are the dude credited with the most popular thread of 2019 – well done.  Respect. 8)

I figure I’m lucky.  I’m not a huge fan of going to work – but after a week off, a rather strange week off, getting back to work seems oddly attractive.  I’ll find out the full score when I get back.  But I think a lot of folks have been sent home, and I may find myself on a rota – we’ll see.

And I can ride to work on the R1250R! :)    Yes!  Could do wi some heavy rain to wash the grit away though.
If you must know Agricola I work in a power station – and it’s no powered by coal.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 27 March 2020, 11:35:41 AM »
And here's what happens when you don't follow you're own advice https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52060791

The whole cabinet has no doubt got it now, they should have all been tested when Nadine Dorries tested positive on 11 March, but know he and the cabinet aren't getting tested, we'll just push on.  You couldn't make the shit up, he's a total arse. 
« Last Edit: 27 March 2020, 11:40:08 AM by Gnasher »
Later

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 27 March 2020, 11:37:42 AM »

I'm not a fan of VNA but like Fazersharp I all so read that same post as him

I am a fan of VNA and I haven't read the post.

Does that make me unique? :rolleyes

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 27 March 2020, 11:39:19 AM »
And here's what happens when you don't follow you're own advice https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52060791

The whole cabinet has no doubt got it now, they should have all been tested when Nadine Dorries tested positive on 11 March, but know he's are the rest aren't getting tested, we'll just push on.  You couldn't make the shit up, he's a total arse.

I had a feeling this was coming when he announced his stand in the other day. Seemed like an odd thing to come out with for no reason so I'm guessing hes known for a few days at least.
Not to wish it on anybody but maybe him going through it himself will open his eyes to the reality of what it's like for all the poor sods that cant get a respirator because of the way it's all currently being managed 😔

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 27 March 2020, 11:51:25 AM »
Not to wish it on anybody but maybe him going through it himself will open his eyes to the reality of what it's like for all the poor sods that cant get a respirator because of the way it's all currently being managed 😔

Oh yes mate, this virus is the great leveller.  Doesn't matter how much money or what private health plan you've got, all worthless, only the NHS can deal with it/you.  All these politicians and those that backed them with their 'I'm alright jack' attitudes cutting for years and pocketing the money are going reap their own mess, just we've been doing for years.

Oh yes the leveller has arrived.     
Later

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 27 March 2020, 11:56:37 AM »
 Wow!
they should have all been tested when Nadine Dorries tested positive on 11 March
Yeah, totally agree they certainly should have been monitoring them.  Although they would not meet NHS and government guidelines for testing – they are the foccin government – I mean they are supposed to be running the country.

On the other hand – I can’t help thinking – has this virus already spread much much wider than we think.  We are supposed to be in the early stages, but so many well known names have been infected it’s uncannae.  Or is that just the nature of their work, social life and the distortion of the media lens.

One thing that is needed is much more testing.  Both testing for the virus and for the anti-bodies.  A few random testing polls around the country would give us an idea of where we are – at the moment we are in the dark – such a poll would be like switching the lights on – big foc off flood lights.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 27 March 2020, 11:57:40 AM »
Boris Johnson, March 3:
“I was at a hospital the other night with a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody.”