Date: 26-05-20  Time: 09:55 AM

Author Topic: COVID-19 AKA Coronavirus - A sense of proportion...  (Read 26791 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: COVID-19 AKA Coronavirus - A sense of proportion...
« Reply #550 on: 26 March 2020, 12:39:42 PM »
and this is why I cant take you seriously, because you always contradict yourself
No contradiction dude.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 26 March 2020, 12:45:38 PM »
Typical Scot chips on both shoulders and an attitude problem, VNA you are a complete embarrassment, when you find yourself in a hole stop digging ya eejit.
Wait a foccin minute.  People are told no non-essential travel.  Hotels, B&B, hostels, and cottage lets are told to close down.  Caravaners are told they are selfish idiots, and ordered to turn around and head home.  People are told do not travel to your second homes.  Stay at home!

Our NHS staff, consultants, doctors, nurses, porters, cleaners etc are begging us to stay at home. Many of them, fearing they now have the virus themselves, are self-isolating at home, unable to return to work for a lack a Covid19 test.

Meanwhile, our Royal Fucking Wank, never mind that he ignored all the government advice before traveling to his bonnie Scottish estate, did not meet the criteria for being tested, but presumably Aberdeen NHS were ordered to travel out to his royal estate and test him.

I mean what the foc!  What the foccin foc!

I know who should be embarrassed, but then their grandiose sense of entitlement, puts them above the rules, and embarrassment is perhaps a concept that they struggle with.

You do have a point mate.

I did wonder the same thing myself.  I think it's because, HM is in Windsor and him being the next in line should be in the same place etc but Balmoral is questionable.  He does have 4 homes none of which include Balmoral, his home in London is Clarence House, round the corner from Buck House,  with three others, Highgrove House in Gloucestershire, Llwynywermod Carmarthenshire and finally Birkhall.

The latter is in the grounds of Balmoral, I think we'll find he's staying at Birkhall and Jonny media has done it's normal and not got all it's facts straight.  I also think Birkhall is the smallest of his residences, in which case will have little or possibly no staff (except security), thus protecting his work force i.e. they can go home and lock down like the rest of us.

Yes he could have stayed in London but the house is large and would need staffing, so although it looks like he's playing the 'Royal Wank' as you put it
I don't think he is.  Royal Protocol would in situations like this, force him to distance himself from HM, let alone the social distancing of a high risk (over 90) person, other residences ruled out for the above mentioned, leaves Birkhall.  This being his home he's initialled to health care, they probably did go to him as for him to go there would mean security, putting those at risk and all pilling in to the hospital, with all the upset that would cause, something the Doctors/nurses don't need right now.

It's far cheaper and better the nurse hops in a car and visit him, test, hop back, simples. 

Well that's my take on it.

Yes we could all go down the route of why's he got 4 house etc etc, like it or not he's the Prince of Wales.  I'd be more interested in the like of Branson, Green, Mr Amazon and alike i.e sitting on private Islands while they force their staff to take couple months unpaid leave (may have changed now to to PAYE 80% package, I hope so) or sitting on his Mrs Yacht as everything's in her name, I've no idea about Mr Amazon. 

« Last Edit: 26 March 2020, 12:47:47 PM by Gnasher »
Later

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 26 March 2020, 12:49:34 PM »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 26 March 2020, 01:00:07 PM »

There's no need for the silly, cringy Scots mash-up speak, or whatever you'd call it,
Its called scotwah.

I think he's speaking in the Jockular ;)
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 26 March 2020, 01:22:29 PM »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 91/2 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 26 March 2020, 02:02:12 PM »
So > look up what do you see, perfect blue sky. We have gone from constant rain and grey for weeks on end. The evidence above your head. I will refer you to my post last year.

I remember in the early 80s being taught that we were heading for another ice age and indeed the records show that we are over due for one. At that time there was serious talk by governments to control climate to prevent the onset of an ice age by using aircraft to spray in the atmosphere.What about if it has run out of control and they are now using aircraft to spray to try and cut down the sunlight and your Co2 tax is funding it.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 26 March 2020, 02:49:21 PM »
Yes we could all go down the route of why's he got 4 house etc etc, like it or not he's the Prince of Wales.  I'd be more interested in the like of Branson, Green, Mr Amazon and alike i.e sitting on private Islands while they force their staff to take couple months unpaid leave (may have changed now to to PAYE 80% package, I hope so) or sitting on his Mrs Yacht as everything's in her name, I've no idea about Mr Amazon. 
I think the point being made, is why should Charlie boy be able to flout all the rules, and get special treatment? How many people are going to say fuck it, if he can do it why can't I? How about leading by example.
As to Branson, Green and Co, how about Mr Brexshit Tim Martin of Wetherspoons, who thinks the pubs shouldn't shut, then sacks all his staff as soon as they do, and refuses to pay his suppliers. The man is a disgrace, if he wasn't already.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 26 March 2020, 02:53:21 PM »

No10 confirms that UK is not taking part in EU initiative to bulk buy ventilators and other equipment needed to tackle coronavirus. Asked why, Boris Johnson’s spokesman says: “We are not a member of the EU.”
Ben Kentish LBC.

So whilst we continue as a member of the single market during the transition period, it appears that My Johnson is putting BREXIT before breathing.

Meanwhile UK firms that actually make ventilators are being ignored by the government whilst BREXIT supporting manufactures such as Dyson, who make vacuum cleaners and hair dryers, but have yet to produce one single ventilator, have signed a contract with the government to produce 15,000 ventilators. 

« Last Edit: 26 March 2020, 02:54:02 PM by VNA »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 26 March 2020, 02:55:30 PM »
The EU has conformed that governments duty is to saving lives not to political ideology.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 26 March 2020, 03:39:00 PM »
I think the point being made, is why should Charlie boy be able to flout all the rules, and get special treatment?

That's just it he hasn't, he when up to Birkhall soon after 12 March long before the lock down.  He's got four homes, the other three are big and require various levels of staffing, which puts them at risk having to do non essential work.  Buy choosing his smallest home he's allowing as many staff as possible to go home.   As for special treatment, what?  The reason they'd have went to him rather than him to to them is for something like the reasons I outlined, again saving staffing.  All he had was a test, as does everyone who presents symptoms after 7 days.   

We can't change he is who he is and must accept whether we like it or not he requires levels of protection and that will cause issues.  Outside of an emergency Royals never just walk into NHS hospitals, this isn't an emergency.     
Later

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 26 March 2020, 04:15:03 PM »
All he had was a test, as does everyone who presents symptoms after 7 days.

He did not meet the current criteria for a test. 

Hospitals are struggling for suitably skilled staff at this time, as many are off sick as they are displaying possible symptoms of Covid19.  They are unable to get a test and have to self-isolate, despite the fact they may well be in fact fit to return to work.

People on holiday in the highlands have had their breaks interrupted, needlessly I would say, and been asked to return home.

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 26 March 2020, 04:21:32 PM »
 The concept of being a Royal means you get special treatment, if they got the same as everyone else they wouldn't be Royal. That's the way it is and always has been. Like it or not, you very clearly don't.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 26 March 2020, 04:47:43 PM »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 26 March 2020, 04:49:28 PM »
The concept of being a Royal means you get special treatment, if they got the same as everyone else they wouldn't be Royal. That's the way it is and always has been. Like it or not, you very clearly don't.
Nope, I and many others don't like it.
I demand a referendum!  :)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: 26 March 2020, 04:58:42 PM »
I demand a referendum!  :)
I think we both know what way that would, thankfully, go don't we :) .

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 26 March 2020, 05:35:24 PM »
I think we both know what way that would, thankfully, go don't we .

Don't be too sure. That's what (we/you) said about Brexit. Most of the royal family are currently an embarrassment.

On another point, applause for Rishi Sunak in respect of his deal for the self employed  :thumbup

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 26 March 2020, 05:55:13 PM »
He did not meet the current criteria for a test.

Yes he did, if you go to hospital after 7 days they'll test you.  The only reason he didn't go to a hospital was I believe for the reasons given.   

Hospitals are struggling for suitably skilled staff at this time, as many are off sick as they are displaying possible symptoms of Covid19.  They are unable to get a test and have to self-isolate, despite the fact they may well be in fact fit to return to work.

Yes it's the same for everyone pre 7 days, as they simply don't have enough and the current test is slow, the new test is faster.  Now the real debate is why don't they have enough?

One of the biggest mistakes the Chinese made was not to test, their med staff, we've (the world) has known that getting on for few months now and we did nothing.  As with much of this governments actions it's been all too late and playing catch up, others are doing the very same just look at the US! 

People on holiday in the highlands have had their breaks interrupted, needlessly I would say, and been asked to return home.

Holiday says it all, they don't live there.  The local infrastructure would be totally overwhelmed in days! Plus they're potentially spreading/shedding the virus, remember the viral load.     
Later

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 26 March 2020, 05:59:22 PM »

On another point, applause for Rishi Sunak in respect of his deal for the self employed  :thumbup

Shhh, don't let VNA hear you say that! :eek

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 26 March 2020, 06:06:23 PM »
Shhh, don't let VNA hear you say that!

Credit where credit is due. As I've said before, no party is all good or all bad, it's a matter of balance. Oh apart from the Brexit and UKIP parties. They can just foc off  :)

Brilliant statement from Sunak, 'and those self employed we don't know about, there's nothing we can do for you'. Superb  :lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 26 March 2020, 06:10:38 PM »

Brilliant statement from Sunak, 'and those self employed we don't know about, there's nothing we can do for you'. Superb  :lol

:lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 26 March 2020, 06:18:03 PM »

Yes he did, if you go to hospital after 7 days they'll test you.  The only reason he didn't go to a hospital was I believe for the reasons given.   

NHS Scotland does not recommended you go to hospital.  In fact they ask that you not go to hositpal, that is except in the most exceptional of circumstances.  Charlie, we are told has mild symptoms.

NHS Scotland states for those with symptoms  -
you must stay at home for 7 days from when your symptoms began.

If your symptoms become severe then call your GP or 111.

Holiday says it all, they don't live there.

Some folks in cottages and self-catering accommodation where asked to leave and go home last week.  Just a wee bit OTT.

One of the biggest mistakes the Chinese made was not to test, their med staff, we've (the world) has known that getting on for few months now and we did nothing.  As with much of this governments actions it's been all too late and playing catch up, others are doing the very same just look at the US!

Totally agree with you.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 91/2 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 26 March 2020, 06:21:07 PM »

He was clearly listening to me.

The gov needs to pay the same amount to the SE on the same basis of the PAYE which is up to £2500 pm, and based on last years earnings on a pro-rata basis for each effective lockdown week starting 1st March. 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 26 March 2020, 06:22:23 PM »
I think we both know what way that would, thankfully, go don't we .

Don't be too sure. That's what (we/you) said about Brexit. Most of the royal family are currently an embarrassment.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy to get help... but the fact that we have to wait until June then claim it back is just a piss take!
I have to survive for over 2 more months with 0 income!
I understand there are complexities but for those of us who are honest and have filed our forms and paid our taxes it couldn't be simpler.... I can bring my last 6 years tax returns up on HMRC website and workout what 80% of my average income is on less than 5 minutes... so why is it gonna take the government ( who hold of this data ) nearly 3 months?

Luckily being married to a nurse means we have a household income still so the majority of the bills will still get paid but I'd like to know what they expect other people in worse situations to do 🤷‍♂️

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 26 March 2020, 06:39:22 PM »
He was clearly listening to me.[/size]

Quote from: fazersharp on 24 March 2020, 12:26:32 PMThe gov needs to pay the same amount to the SE on the same basis of the PAYE which is up to £2500 pm, and based on last years earnings on a pro-rata basis for each effective lockdown week starting 1st March.

If he was listening to you....... why are you delaying it until June?  :pokefun

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 26 March 2020, 06:43:23 PM »
Luckily being married to a nurse means we have a household income still so the majority of the bills will still get paid but I'd like to know what they expect other people in worse situations to do 🤷‍♂️
They've said they expect the banks to loan them the money for 3 months.