Date: 03-04-20  Time: 06:13 AM

Author Topic: This is NOT an attempt to start a discussion...  (Read 29743 times)

VNA

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - C90
    • View Profile
Re: This is NOT an attempt to start a discussion...
« Reply #75 on: 21 October 2019, 07:35:35 PM »

That's easy to say when you're on the side that lost :rolleyes
If you insist on putting it into such terms….

Well in Scotland REMAIN won.  In NI REMAIN won.  In England and Wales LEAVE won.

And here in lies one of the main problems.

In Scotland and Northern Ireland people are sick and tired of hearing about the so called ‘will of the people’.

However, NI is getting a special deal.  A deal that their representatives at Westminster tell us that they do not want.

Scotland wants the deal that NI does not want, but Scotland gets nothing.

Scotland has been completely ignored.  People right across this country can see that.  We don’t count.  Even unionists who voted to leave can see that we are being treated with utter contempt.

I do not think Scotland will accept our voice being ignored.  We are told that we are equal partners in this union – but it is clear that we are not.

People in England may be thirsting to win a pile o shite, but we in Scotland do not want and will not take kindly to our economy being trashed on the back of miss-placed English nationalism.

If there is not a deal that gives Scotland full single market access and free movement, then I suspect we will force a second Independence referendum, and this time leave.

However, do not forget that BREXIT comes first.  It is Scotland’s priority to REMAIN.  England is our neighbour, our friends and our natural trading partners.  We do not want England to LEAVE.  But if you insist on your pile o shite, if you insist on trashing your economy, I believe that Scots will take the necessary steps to minimise the damage.

So again, I say to you, I ask you, stop thinking in terms of win or loose, victory or defeat, and start to think about what is best for your country and this union.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 21 October 2019, 08:18:21 PM »
DC miss-calculated, unexpectedly won a majority
I did try, but in the end I just couldn't resist :lol
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 21 October 2019, 08:28:27 PM »

If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

VNA

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 21 October 2019, 08:40:47 PM »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 22 October 2019, 02:13:15 PM »

Opposition MP's are complaining that they're not being given enough time to study and consider the Withdrawal Bill.

Hasn't Corbyn already declared, before they'd even read it, that Labour will vote against it?.

If so, why would they need more time?.

VNA

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 22 October 2019, 02:54:00 PM »
Could this be the answer you are looking for.......

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 91/2 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 22 October 2019, 03:46:51 PM »
What I have noticed over the years of listening to radio phone-in's about brexit is that people start with "its terrible for the uk" "best to stay" blah blah. And then it comes out "my wife is French". It seems that all of them phoning in with an anti brexit line all have some sort of connection and a personal interest in staying in the EU. Where as brexiteers come across as being not so concerned with the "self" and are willing to make any adjustments for the good of the whole.If I am not mistaken I believe that one of our very own anti brexit posters has some sort of family/business connection with the EU.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 22 October 2019, 03:58:37 PM »
I noticed the opposition had no complaints about rushing The Surren, I mean The Benn Act, through in one day :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 22 October 2019, 04:09:00 PM »
What I have noticed over the years of listening to radio phone-in's about brexit is that people start with "its terrible for the uk" "best to stay" blah blah. And then it comes out "my wife is French". It seems that all of them phoning in with an anti brexit line all have some sort of connection and a personal interest in staying in the EU. Where as brexiteers come across as being not so concerned with the "self" and are willing to make any adjustments for the good of the whole.If I am not mistaken I believe that one of our very own anti brexit posters has some sort of family/business connection with the EU.
Huh?

VNA

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 22 October 2019, 04:29:45 PM »
 Can’t help wondering if any of you BREXITEERS have figured out yet, why is it that you want to leave the EU?

Can’t remember where we were at before, but something to do with Dazza’s grandpa and ww1, and um day time headlamps. 

And what about advantages?   I mean is a long deep recession something desirable?

VNA

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 22 October 2019, 04:32:04 PM »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 22 October 2019, 05:10:49 PM »
The government has said it will abandon it's Brexit bill if MP's vote down it's three-day timetable to get it through Parliament.
If the EU confirms a delay they will then push for a general election.
With an extension in place, no deal off the table and even deal abandoned, that easily meets Corbyn's election conditions.
Bring it on I say :) .

agricola

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 22 October 2019, 06:04:00 PM »
That's easy to say when you're on the side that lost :rolleyes
If you insist on putting it into such terms….

Well in Scotland REMAIN won.  In NI REMAIN won.  In England and Wales LEAVE won.

And here in lies one of the main problems.

In Scotland and Northern Ireland people are sick and tired of hearing about the so called ‘will of the people’.

However, NI is getting a special deal.  A deal that their representatives at Westminster tell us that they do not want.

Scotland wants the deal that NI does not want, but Scotland gets nothing.

Scotland has been completely ignored.  People right across this country can see that.  We don’t count.  Even unionists who voted to leave can see that we are being treated with utter contempt.

I do not think Scotland will accept our voice being ignored.  We are told that we are equal partners in this union – but it is clear that we are not.

People in England may be thirsting to win a pile o shite, but we in Scotland do not want and will not take kindly to our economy being trashed on the back of miss-placed English nationalism.

If there is not a deal that gives Scotland full single market access and free movement, then I suspect we will force a second Independence referendum, and this time leave.

However, do not forget that BREXIT comes first.  It is Scotland’s priority to REMAIN.  England is our neighbour, our friends and our natural trading partners.  We do not want England to LEAVE.  But if you insist on your pile o shite, if you insist on trashing your economy, I believe that Scots will take the necessary steps to minimise the damage.

So again, I say to you, I ask you, stop thinking in terms of win or loose, victory or defeat, and start to think about what is best for your country and this union.

The Referendum wasn't split into constituent regions, and you know that. It was organised around a majority verdict of United Kingdom citizens. All the political parties agreed to honour the result. Remain didn't win in Scotland, there wasnt a victory available to be had. Leave or Remain, the SNP appears to be determined to be Independent of England, but a subject to the EU. How is that independence? And I dont think youll be able to stump up the divorce bill.

VNA

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 22 October 2019, 06:14:04 PM »
Mr Johnson has to negotiate the delay with the EU.That will be a sweet moment.

And don't forget that the problem all along has been that the BREXITEERS cannot agree what BREXIT is.

Under the fixed term pariament act Mr Johnson will need the support of the opposition to call an election, that is unless the Tories hold a vote of no confidence in their own government. :lol
Bring it on I say :) .

Indeed.  Foc knows what will happen in England.

But here in sunny Scotland we've currently got 13 filthy scum bag Tory MP's.  Now Ruth Davidson has gone and the Scots Tories have done a u-turn and are supporting BREXIT, not to mention with the Bullingdon Buffon in charge.  We'll I wouldn't be surprised if every single Tory is wiped out in Scotland.
Bring it on.  Anytime you want :)

VNA

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 22 October 2019, 06:19:23 PM »

The Referendum wasn't split into constituent regions, and you know that.
No it was a UK wide referendum. 
It was organised around a majority verdict of United Kingdom citizens.
Let me explain.  The United Kingdom is a Union.  The four members of the Union are England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
Remain didn't win in Scotland, there wasnt a victory available to be had.
The result of the referendum in Scotland was that almost 2/3rds of Scots voted to REMAIN.
the SNP appears to be determined to be Independent of England, but a subject to the EU.
Scotland is part of the United Kingdom. 

Remember only England and Wales voted to leave.  BREXIT is not the will of the people.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 22 October 2019, 06:36:48 PM »
they will then push for a general election.
They can't. Fixed Term Parliament Act requires a 2/3rds majority. So Labour is in charge. Corbyn could decide to vote against and leave the government stewing in their own mess. The only way the government could force a general election is to call for a No Confidence vote in themselves. Which Labour could give a vote of confidence, or simply take over. Fun times  :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 91/2 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 22 October 2019, 06:41:47 PM »
Huh?
;)
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 22 October 2019, 06:59:00 PM »
they will then push for a general election.
They can't. Fixed Term Parliament Act requires a 2/3rds majority. So Labour is in charge. Corbyn could decide to vote against and leave the government stewing in their own mess. The only way the government could force a general election is to call for a No Confidence vote in themselves. Which Labour could give a vote of confidence, or simply take over. Fun times  :lol
Are you sure you actually read my post properly? :lol
I know all that. I made it clear that it's down to Corbyn didn't I? :rolleyes . By 'push for a general election' I mean challenging the opposition to agree to one.

VNA

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 22 October 2019, 07:03:17 PM »
 But there is much business to do.
The time limit has been removed.
Mr Johnson must negotiate an extension.  He is bound by the Court of Session in Edinburgh to do so.
Let him stew.  Or find a suitable ditch.

agricola

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 22 October 2019, 07:03:59 PM »
The Referendum wasn't split into constituent regions, and you know that.
No it was a UK wide referendum.
Exactly. Youve got it at last

It was organised around a majority verdict of United Kingdom citizens.
Let me explain.  The United Kingdom is a Union.  The four members of the Union are England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales.
Right again. Two out two so far

Remain didn't win in Scotland, there wasnt a victory available to be had.
The result of the referendum in Scotland was that almost 2/3rds of Scots voted to REMAIN.
But that number was dwarfed by those other UK citizens who expressed a preference to leave, hence the result of the Referendum was that the UK should leave the EU

the SNP appears to be determined to be Independent of England, but a subject to the EU.
And I hope it stays that way

« Last Edit: 22 October 2019, 07:27:32 PM by agricola »

VNA

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 22 October 2019, 07:05:03 PM »

VNA

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 22 October 2019, 07:13:12 PM »
Now as you know I would love to see my country gain it’s Independence. 
Simply so that we would actually, for once, have government and policies that we in Scotland have voted for.
But for me like many Scots, Independently or Unionist minded, our view on the EU must be respected.  Nearly 2/3rds of Scots voted to REMAIN in the EU.
We are told that Scotland is an equal partner in the Union.
If you want Scotland to stay part of the Union, then you have to respect the outcome of the referendum in Scotland.  You have to respect the will of the people.
If you don’t, and you try to tell Scotland that we are simply a region of England and that we should suck it up and accept a hard BREXIT………..
Well many unionists are coming to the end of their tether with this.

Meanwhile we’ll all sit back and enjoy the comedy parliament at Westminster. :lol

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 22 October 2019, 07:15:55 PM »
Mods please lock this post before VNA gets on here. FOR THE LOVE GOD PLEASE 

Tooooooo late, the Fun Sponge has arrived :lol

Agricola...... That's not how you spell CUNT

VNA

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 22 October 2019, 07:26:40 PM »
Agricola...... That's not how you spell CUNT
Chill out dude 8)   

agricola

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 22 October 2019, 07:40:39 PM »
Now as you know I would love to see my country gain it’s Independence. 
Simply so that we would actually, for once, have government and policies that we in Scotland have voted for.
But for me like many Scots, Independently or Unionist minded, our view on the EU must be respected.  Nearly 2/3rds of Scots voted to REMAIN in the EU.
We are told that Scotland is an equal partner in the Union.
If you want Scotland to stay part of the Union, then you have to respect the outcome of the referendum in Scotland.  You have to respect the will of the people.
If you don’t, and you try to tell Scotland that we are simply a region of England and that we should suck it up and accept a hard BREXIT………..
Well many unionists are coming to the end of their tether with this.

I do respect the will of the people. I am not the fount of all knowledge. Its not Brexit that's driving Scottish independence though is it. The SNP has campaigned for that before Brexit was ever on the radar, and that clever little Scots lass is simply using it to stoke up the fires of Scots as a tool for her cause. Once weve left the EU, no doubt the campaign will intensify, and should the Scottish Parliament be granted approval by Parliament for Indy Ref 2, I will respect the views of the Scottish people, but the SNP has some way to go to overturn the deficit from Indy Ref 1. Theres many a slip......

Meanwhile we’ll all sit back and enjoy the comedy parliament at Westminster. :lol