Date: 26-05-20  Time: 21:35 PM

Author Topic: This is NOT an attempt to start a discussion...  (Read 33048 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: This is NOT an attempt to start a discussion...
« Reply #1950 on: 01 February 2020, 02:30:21 PM »
I sincerely hope that EVERYONE now accepts we're on our way out and focus's on making the best we can out of our new opportunities. Just like remainers did 47 years ago
Well yes, of course. Joining the Single Market and Customs Union, while staying outside of the EU, would be a good start. Just like Northern Ireland are.....

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: 01 February 2020, 02:37:18 PM »

give us all a break from this utter nonsense pleeze.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: 01 February 2020, 03:02:34 PM »

I sincerely hope that EVERYONE now accepts we're on our way out and focus's on making the best we can out of our new opportunities. Just like remainers did 47 years ago
Indeed we have spent 47 years building the EU.  The UK has had a massive influence in creating the EU that we have today.  The EU is 27 countries, with 27+1 governments and legislators, numerous languages and cultures trading freely without friction.  It is the biggest single open tariff free market in the world, and is our immediate and most important trading partner.

And now in a moment of bizarre English nationalism we have left and are embarking on a journey of self-harm. 

So new opportunities?  I see few.  However, as much as we in Scotland did not want this, indeed nearly 2/3rds voted against BREXIT, it presents us once again with the opportunity to leave the UK.  I see little point in staying in a Union embarking on a project that we overwhelmingly rejected led by a government that we did not elect.

So the opportunity for us is Indyref2, self determination and England left to continue it's self-harming. 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: 01 February 2020, 03:08:59 PM »
Interesting all over the EU, Saltires are appearing where once the Union flag was displayed. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: 01 February 2020, 04:17:09 PM »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: 02 February 2020, 12:34:15 PM »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: 03 February 2020, 08:09:21 PM »
And this is the government you have elected;

Journalists walked out of a Downing Street briefing on Boris Johnson’s Brexit plans after the prime minister’s director of communications tried to restrict it to selected publications and broadcasters.

An invitation sent out by No 10 offered a “technical background briefing” on the PM’s plans to negotiate a Canadian-style free trade agreement with the EU by the end of the year.
when political correspondents from various outlets arrived inside No 10, they were asked their names and told to stand in two groups on opposite sides of the entrance hall.

Director of communications Lee Cain then invited those on one side to enter and told those on the other to leave.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-news-journalists-walk-out-no-10-briefing-a9314996.html

agricola

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: 04 February 2020, 11:15:35 AM »
And this is the government you have elected;

Journalists walked out of a Downing Street briefing on Boris Johnson’s Brexit plans after the prime minister’s director of communications tried to restrict it to selected publications and broadcasters.

An invitation sent out by No 10 offered a “technical background briefing” on the PM’s plans to negotiate a Canadian-style free trade agreement with the EU by the end of the year.
when political correspondents from various outlets arrived inside No 10, they were asked their names and told to stand in two groups on opposite sides of the entrance hall.

Director of communications Lee Cain then invited those on one side to enter and told those on the other to leave.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-news-journalists-walk-out-no-10-briefing-a9314996.html

I'll correct you on that. Its the Government WE, the British people have elected using the system that has been in place for decades, the results from which are typically accepted by the vast majority of citizens. Apart from those who wish us to adopt minority government because they continually support minority views

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: 04 February 2020, 06:31:24 PM »

I'll correct you on that. Its the Government WE, the British people have elected using the system that has been in place for decades, the results from which are typically accepted by the vast majority of citizens. Apart from those who wish us to adopt minority government because they continually support minority views
Let me correct you on that.  It’s the government that England elected.  Scotland didn’t elect Johnson’s Tories, nor did Wales or Northern Ireland for that matter.

England has the government it deserves, the rest of us have to put up with a government that we did not vote for. 

Trying to control the press is a distortion of democracy.  The current British government seems to have quite a bit in common with Trump’s America and Putin’s Russia. 

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: 05 February 2020, 09:48:16 PM »

Fantastic news. Donald Trump cleared in his impeachment trial.

Congratulations Mr President and here's to a second term in office :thumbup
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: 05 February 2020, 10:26:13 PM »
Inevitable. Means nothing. That's what happens when you've stitched up the result beforehand.

Excellent Nancy Pelosi reaction  :lol

Very brave of Mitt Romney. I suspect Trump will follow Johnson's example and 'deselect' him.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: 05 February 2020, 11:11:59 PM »
Keep on making America great again Mr President  :thumbup

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: 06 February 2020, 11:13:14 AM »

Excellent Nancy Pelosi reaction  :lol 

Ripping her copy of the speech up?.

Imagine the Democrat response if Mr Trump had pulled a stunt like that ;)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: 06 February 2020, 02:01:33 PM »
Imagine the Democrat response if Mr Trump had pulled a stunt like that

It would have been a great tear up.
The greatest tear up ever.
In fact no president would have done a greater tear up since Abraham Linkedin

...... and similar Trump bollocks.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900i
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #1964 on: 06 February 2020, 03:15:51 PM »
Let me correct you on that.  It’s the government that England elected.  Scotland didn’t elect Johnson’s Tories, nor did Wales or Northern Ireland for that matter.

England has the government it deserves, the rest of us have to put up with a government that we did not vote for. 

Trying to control the press is a distortion of democracy.  The current British government seems to have quite a bit in common with Trump’s America and Putin’s Russia. 

I was listening to an interesting debate on the radio the other day.

Fact 1 - The UK has a government elected by the whole of the UK (& NI)
Fact 2 - Scotland has its own parliament/assembly too
Fact 3 - Wales has its own parliament/assembly too
Fact 4 - Northern Ireland has its own parliament/assembly too
Fact 5 - England does not have its own parliament/assembly. As such, England gets shat on by the Welsh, Irish and Scots who set some of their own rules in their own areas but force stuff on the English who cannot set anything that only affects England due to the lack of local rule.
Fact 6 - I am bored with this :)

Taking all of the above into account, England does not have the parliament we deserve.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: 06 February 2020, 04:45:31 PM »
Ironic how parties with 'Democrat' in the title, both here and abroad, are the one's desperately trying to reverse democratic results :rolleyes .

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: 06 February 2020, 07:14:40 PM »

That is correct.  But we have only limited powers.
Our budget is set by Westminster, though we do now collect income tax in Scotland, though this is the least attractive tax to have control of. 
We have to pay for stuff like trident and the UK’s immoral, and in the case of Iraq illegal military adventures. 
There are 650 seats at Westminster.
The Tories have 365 seats.  Of those seats 6 are Scottish Tories.
Fact -   but force stuff on the English who cannot set anything that only affects England due to the lack of local rule.
We can’t sway Westminster without a Tory revolt.  We have to vote on English matters such as the NHS England and Wales as the Scottish budget is calculated from the English budget.  But the reality is we have no real influence and no power at Westminster. 

At the end of the day, the real fact is that England has voted in a Tory government with a substantial majority (though lets not forget still on a minority of the vote) and there is foc all anybody can do to stop them.
So we are gonna have 5 years of Johnson doing whatever he wants.

« Last Edit: 06 February 2020, 07:16:56 PM by VNA »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: 06 February 2020, 10:09:15 PM »
Fact 5a - London has its own Assembly
Fact 7 - What's your point?

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Kawasaki KL250
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: 07 February 2020, 09:45:43 AM »

Fact 7 - What's your point?

Yeah, stop raising awkward points :deal

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: 07 February 2020, 10:48:08 AM »

I'd shut that useless Scottish parliament tomorrow if I got the chance--a total waste of money-- and another tier of useless politicians to pay for + the gay predator --it's a Friggin joke.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: 07 February 2020, 11:38:06 AM »
the gay predator
Oh dear oh dear. I think you will find that the UK Parliament has had more than its fair share of predators over the years, gay and straight  :rolleyes

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: 07 February 2020, 07:39:59 PM »

I'd shut that useless Scottish parliament tomorrow if I got the chance--a total waste of money-- and another tier of useless politicians to pay for + the gay predator --it's a Friggin joke.

The Scottish parliament has reinvigorated democracy and politics in Scotland.  Lets not forget that having been denied the parliament they had already voted for in 1979, almost 75% of Scots voted for it in 1997. 

Scotland is now better run, more progressive and equalitarian society as a result. 

and another tier of useless politicians to pay for

I guess it’s when I first realised that we needed to go our own way.  Our country was absolutely devastated by Tory rule, Tory rule that Scotland did not vote for.  In 1997 I voted YES YES, but what I really wanted was a real parliament, to return to normality and govern our country ourselves rather than continue to have governments that we do not vote for imposed on us.

So yes I agree, there is no need for a two tier political system, but the only way to solve that is Independence.

agricola

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: 07 February 2020, 08:16:52 PM »

That is correct.  But we have only limited powers.
Our budget is set by Westminster, though we do now collect income tax in Scotland, though this is the least attractive tax to have control of. 
We have to pay for stuff like trident and the UK’s immoral, and in the case of Iraq illegal military adventures. [size=78%] [/size]
There are 650 seats at Westminster.
The Tories have 365 seats.  Of those seats 6 are Scottish Tories.
Fact -   but force stuff on the English who cannot set anything that only affects England due to the lack of local rule.
We can’t sway Westminster without a Tory revolt.  We have to vote on English matters such as the NHS England and Wales as the Scottish budget is calculated from the English budget.  But the reality is we have no real influence and no power at Westminster. 

At the end of the day, the real fact is that England has voted in a Tory government with a substantial majority (though lets not forget still on a minority of the vote) and there is foc all anybody can do to stop them.
So we are gonna have 5 years of Johnson doing whatever he wants.

Nope, still incorrect. The United Kingdom has voted in a Conservative government

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: 07 February 2020, 08:49:31 PM »

Nope, still incorrect. The United Kingdom has voted in a Conservative government
Let me explain – again.  The United Kingdom (UK) is a Union.  It comprises of 4 nations, one of those nations is Scotland.

Now lets take a look at the 2019 GE election result in Scotland.

Gosh – look at that!  So Scotland is now under the thumb of an extreme right wing government, led by a misogynistic, racist, bigoted, homophobic liar voted in by England.