Date: 28-04-24  Time: 00:56 am

Author Topic: Fitting a GIpro X-Type dig gear ind.  (Read 5322 times)

Yamrider

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Fitting a GIpro X-Type dig gear ind.
« on: 26 April 2014, 03:08:52 pm »
Just bought & fitted one of these gizmo's to my 2007 FZ1-S abs. Real easy to fit with very clear instructions.

Thought I'd post these photo's for anyone who is thinking of fitting one but who are unsure as to where the required connections are situated once you remove the seats & petrol tank.

First connection you'll need to find is the Speed Sensor Coupler. It is the small white connector with 3 wires as shown in the photo

Second one is the Crankshaft Position Sensor which has two wires

3rd & final one to find is the switched +12v wire to the rear brake light

The indicator is a good add on which I've fitted (or paid to have fitted) to most of the bikes I've owned.

To set it up it has to 'learn' the gears which I did by running through the gearbox with the engine running whilst it was on the centre stand.

Hope this is of some help to those that are thinking of fitting one of these.

Yamrider

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting a GIpro X-Type dig gear ind.
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2015, 01:30:02 pm »
Bit weird replying to my own post but I thought an update would be in order. Rode my bike with the gear ind. on it up until it got put away for winter last november and it worked a treat. Very accurate and I made the correct choice of colour (blue)

My FZ-1 will be coming out of hiberation next month but it will be fitted with new chain, sprockets & a new set of PR4's before that ready for the summer.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2015, 02:19:16 pm »
Nice one yamrider im sure that will help a few others or even make some that werent sure take the plunge. 8)

Ive got one fitted on my Gen 2 and it is a really good tool.

Let us know how you get on wih the PR4's, i had PR3's last year and they area good tyre.

Im on a promise to Stevierst to try maxxis Diamonds this year so ill also update on wha i think of them.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2015, 03:09:21 pm »
I have thought about one of them, I seem to be always looking for that elusive seventh gear.
Could you post a picture of where it is actually mounted?

I think someone has been foccing about with my bike, I cannot find any blue arrows under the tank  pointing at things!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2015, 04:54:05 pm »
I have thought about one of them, I seem to be always looking for that elusive seventh gear.
Could you post a picture of where it is actually mounted?

I think someone has been foccing about with my bike, I cannot find any blue arrows under the tank  pointing at things!

Mine is on my left side fairing infill stuck on by velcro and with the wire going underneath the infill to its connections.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2015, 09:36:18 pm »
handy mine came with no instructions (ebay) thanks for the install guide

i too wondered were to place it
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 February 2017, 10:34:07 pm »
Sorry for resurrecting this old post, but just wanted to say thanks for the instructions and pictures.

I purchased a new GlPro from Evilbay, it did come with a full set of instruction and very nicely packaged, very professional, it's encouraging to open a parcel and see stuff packaged like that, it inspires confidence if not in your own abilities to fit it, but, in the product itself.
It's hopefully going to be fitted to my FZS 600 tomorrow 10/02/2017.  :rolleyes  Listen carefully and you might hear the screams :'(

I went for the green display as it looked more visible to me in the pictures in the advert, plus the neutral gear indicator on the bike is green.
 :thumbup
« Last Edit: 09 February 2017, 10:40:42 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 February 2017, 10:53:32 pm »
Just noticed mine has 2 individual leads apart from the plug and socket, where as your seems to just have the red which you have connected to a switched supply
(Brake light switch) mine has the red but also has another wire Green with Black stripe or it could be Black with a Green stripe. Mmmmm! Could be an earth a little more digging might be in order.