Date: 28-03-24  Time: 23:09 pm

Author Topic: Ding dong the witch is dead  (Read 55196 times)

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
Re: Ding dong the witch is dead
« Reply #75 on: 09 April 2013, 02:13:07 pm »
I for one will not apologise for hating her (and hate is a very strong emotion) I couldn't even bring myself to see her on TV, I had to turn over. When I left school I was told by Norman Tebbit to get on my bike to look for work, well I did. 8 hours in the saddle every day but I was fucked if I was going to move cities and leave my family, though thousands had to. The despair of writing letters for a job and getting up each morning eagerly awaiting the postie to see if you'd got an interview, only to find that no one could be arsed to even reply. I was 17 with no prospects and on the dole for yonks due to her policies and its only recently that we found out that she was briefed to let Liverpool run down. I travelled to S Wales and saw communities ravaged and left like ghost towns when they shut the mines.
Me dad worked the docks and they were sending food parcels to Yorkshire to feed the miners as they were told that monies would be seized in the banks......................FOOD PARCELS FFS. THIS WAS THE UK NOT AFRICA
lads going the footy were stopped by the Police and turned around just because the game was in a mining town/city.
I could go on and on but my early life was ruined coz of her and I hate her for it. Don't compare her to todays MP's either, they're all a shower!
its said she had more balls than a man, bollox..............if you pardon the pun. she was a dictator and her own mob saw through her and got shut.

fire never sleeps

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 09 April 2013, 02:17:41 pm »
for those too young to know any better, grab a copy of "Boys from the Black stuff"
Southerners thought it was a comedy but it was the reality of life in Liverpool and the North at the time
fire never sleeps

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 09 April 2013, 03:36:22 pm »
What I look for in a politician is whether they are a hypocrite.
With old an old school Tory or really old school Labour you pretty much knew where you stood but when someone hates with every fibre of their soul something like the House of Lords you pretty much wonder what else they do to keep on the gravy train. Neil Kinnock and John Prescott are hypocrites of the first degree. The politician  I most admire would be Tony Benn (you didn't see that coming) as he gave up his Lordship to become a member of parliament. Still as mad as a box of frogs but admirable all the same

A quote from a newspaper

In a series of newspaper articles and speeches in 1977 and 1978, he described its members as 'a bunch of unelected busybodies' and the descendants of 'brigands, muggers, bribers, and gangsters'.
A person in power only has their integrity for others to judge them by, without that they truly are a Brigand, mugger,briber or a gangster

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 09 April 2013, 04:36:34 pm »
Before Maggie this country was going down the shitter (dead not buried, car plants striking every other day, 3 day week, streets full of rubbish, inflation at 22%, the pound worth F all, petrol rationing etc.) and that was under Labour.
Many of you on here really don't remember these days, I and my fellow war babies remember all what went on in this country before Maggie got in in 1979 and this country was well fucked, the IMF had to bale us out for fucks sake (Greece now) the 3 day week was the shits you could not even sign on the Buroo cos the Labour Government had no fuckin money to help families out, just like they left us after Broon & Darling had fucked us again.
So don't take your ire out on someone who had all that to contend with--short memories these Labour lefties have.

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 09 April 2013, 05:17:08 pm »
Yep I was there and thats when we were really "All In It Together" None of this NIMBY-ism or ripping the guts out of a community that disagreed with you but everyone had the hardship.

Sorry those who have had their cake and eaten it now want younger generations to pay for the mistakes and mis-selling. So why are individuals asked to work longer for less pension rights. Its to pay for keeping everyone alive at the states expense with an excellent health service. Although this will not be promoted by the powers that be because they do not want to alienate middle England with the truth but would rather divide opinion by their spin. So why has Leeds been stopped from undertaking heart surgery on kids? was it a leaking of stats to try and offset the truth behind the original report that was in favour of closing the department down?

Nothing lefty about it just pure ignorance of what is happening around us because it does not affect me or you.

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 09 April 2013, 06:12:01 pm »
I remember the 70's  :D
quereing at the supermarket waiting for the sugar to be brought out because Tate and Lyle were on strike quereing outside the independent bakers because Mothers Pride or United Bakers or somebody were on strike.

I Remember my Dad going up to the Morris Social club for mass meetings on the sports ground coz Red Robbo had called one, and the telegrams arriving to tell him to go back to work ( he was at British Leyland Cowley Plant) he hated the unions too, that's why he went back on the cabs, and Yea I remember him quereing for petrol but that was OPEC and not the unions.
I left school in 1980 and was lucky to have an apprenticship as a Chef at Lincoln College OXford.
My mum had got me a job serving the students at table when I was 14 because she was a college scout, I was at Oxford the same time as Cameron and and Osbroune who knows I may well have served them or cooked for them.

I knew my place I was an pleb Ock or any other term those upper class twats thought I was and took great joy in reminding us staff that we were.
I know all about Tories and their attitudes to the working classes.

Anybody remember when there were personell departments in companies that dealt with people.
And not Human resource departments that deal with Human resources  :thumbdown

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 09 April 2013, 06:22:23 pm »
It's a contentious topic and people are never going to find common ground.  There are people that appreciate that hard decisions have to be made and there are those that believe the decisions are wrong.

Someone has to make them though, and be criticised for them.  You'll never please everyone and you can guarantee whatever decision you'd made if you'd been in the seat of power there would be people glad that you're dead too.

Time moves on.  wounds heal.  Bad times are replaced by good.  Either way the damage/decision is done and there is no going back.

The whole topic is  :z
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

peterjca

« Reply #82 on: 09 April 2013, 06:31:06 pm »
Even in death she fleeces the taxpayer to pay for her funeral. And then who/what will be paying for the inevitable 24/7 guard on her grave?

Let's privatise her funeral:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/dec/22/privatising-thatchers-funeral-fitting-tribute-legacy

or instead contribute to a more worthwhile case:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-22050854

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 09 April 2013, 06:41:14 pm »
Opinions are like A**holes, Everyone has one.  Some people seem to have more than one though which is a bit odd.

peterjca

« Reply #84 on: 09 April 2013, 06:53:06 pm »

Not sure grass clippings dumped on her grave will achieve anything.

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 09 April 2013, 06:54:41 pm »

Not sure grass clippings dumped on her grave will achieve anything.

If you're expecting some form of closure you'll be waiting a long time. Move on. Nothing to see here.

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 09 April 2013, 08:13:46 pm »
For someone that don't like to argue, ye sure like to get your oar in and wind it up some. And stop trying to close threads you didn't start will ya?
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 09 April 2013, 08:15:15 pm »
kicking grass on the shit doesn't stop the stink from still getting up your nose, were still living with her shit and the new gen of her type are dumping more and more on us.

Got quite a few tonnes of hay behind my van, but still not enough to cover the stench of her shit.

Any more crap metaphors ?

simonm

• GP Hero
  • Why so serious ?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 09 April 2013, 08:17:14 pm »
For someone that don't like to argue, ye sure like to get your oar in and wind it up some. And stop trying to close threads you didn't start will ya?
Yes boss. Unnotify complete.

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 09 April 2013, 08:18:50 pm »
Whit?
Smell ones mother. Yaas!

Looney tune

• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 09 April 2013, 08:25:48 pm »
Yes, she might have destroyed a few mining communities! However, when taken against the complete destruction of the British economy that would have have taken place if she hadn't taken such needed action, it's a relatively small price to pay!

I hardly get involved with these type of threads but that is a belter from you. Next time your in my area do pop in and I'll take you to my home village and the other 30 odd villages where the miners worked and you can explain that comment to their families. My father mined for 35 years and I'm sure he for one would like to meet you.
Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

peterjca

« Reply #91 on: 09 April 2013, 09:59:53 pm »
Couldn't resist plagiarising this joke:

Breaking news...

Baroness Thatcher pronounced fit for work according to ATOS.

:rollin

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 09 April 2013, 10:27:46 pm »
Shouldn't all the people here complaining about what Thatcher did to the miners/steel workers etc be riding British Triumphs and not Japanese bikes?

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 09 April 2013, 11:43:23 pm »
Shouldn't all the people here complaining about what Thatcher did to the miners/steel workers etc be riding British Triumphs and not Japanese bikes?

Would this be the British Triumph that is owned by BMW (no BMW own the Triumph Motor company)

Just found this so with the looks of it is Bloor holdings Limited that own British Triumph and this is the individual

Bloor was born in a small Derbyshire village, his father was a coal miner. He suffered from health problems, and long absences from school limited his formal education, leaving school at the age of 15.

Daz
« Last Edit: 10 April 2013, 12:11:39 am by dBfazer600 »
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 10 April 2013, 10:08:53 am »
for those too young to know any better, grab a copy of "Boys from the Black stuff"
Southerners thought it was a comedy but it was the reality of life in Liverpool and the North at the time

I haven't watched that since it was on TV but if I remember rightly the most memorable thing was Yosser Hughes saying "Give us a job", not give me the right to live in social housing with at least 4 bedrooms because I need the room and on more benefits than the average working man can take home.

TBH I'm completely indifferent to the passing of Maggie. Yes I've had very worrying times but I've taken risks, put my entire lot on the line and have worked bloody hard to acheive what I've got.
I'm not a staunch party man, I vote for whoever I think Is best for me at the time.

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 10 April 2013, 11:06:28 am »
I remember reading an article about striking British Leyland workers being asked to support the miners. When they all met up to discuss the impending strike it was noted that most of the miners cars were Japanese or French. I love solidarity

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 10 April 2013, 01:21:31 pm »

Not only me that's noticed this then, I said it before Simonm you are a 'last word' merchant who likes to slam the door and flounce off.

If you got nothing to say then say nothing and let others have a conversation.

Weren't you still crapping in a nappy when Thatcher was destroying our jobs and flogging council houses to those that could already afford to buy anyway?

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 10 April 2013, 01:25:30 pm »
Before Maggie this country was going down the shitter (dead not buried, car plants striking every other day, 3 day week, streets full of rubbish, inflation at 22%, the pound worth F all, petrol rationing etc.) and that was under Labour.
Many of you on here really don't remember these days, I and my fellow war babies remember all what went on in this country before Maggie got in in 1979 and this country was well fucked, the IMF had to bale us out for fucks sake (Greece now) the 3 day week was the shits you could not even sign on the Buroo cos the Labour Government had no fuckin money to help families out, just like they left us after Broon & Darling had fucked us again.
So don't take your ire out on someone who had all that to contend with--short memories these Labour lefties have.

Bullshit, she used a sledgehammer to crack a nut and took great delight in boosting her ego while doing it.

This country was into debt for lots of reasons, one being the war debt we were paying to the USA - where were they when Thatcher slung our defenses into the Falklands because she wouldn't negotiate?  I'd have said stick your debt up your arse after that.

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 10 April 2013, 02:11:15 pm »

Bullshit, she used a sledgehammer to crack a nut and took great delight in boosting her ego while doing it.

This country was into debt for lots of reasons, one being the war debt we were paying to the USA - where were they when Thatcher slung our defenses into the Falklands because she wouldn't negotiate?  I'd have said stick your debt up your arse after that.

No, it really was going to the wall - I used to work in the print industry but outside the NGA and Sogat, and the unions were a crippling stop to any sort of business. I can only assume those who hated Thatch so much enjoyed the sort protection these Unions gave and, it follows, all the state subsidies that kept them afloat.

And we got plenty of assistance from the US over the Falklands, via NATO (I think Sidewinder was part of it but also Helicopter equipment plus plenty more).
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

The Rocketeer

• Pacman
    Cymru am byth
    Askin' for a foccin' bannin too
    Really geeky & crap
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ROCKET 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 10 April 2013, 03:00:58 pm »
Well that's the first time I've agreed with Oldgit  ;) 
I for one will mourn her loss, a great leader and a great Briton, a prime minister that restored pride and power to this country after years of ruination from that commie bastard Wilson. Beat the unions, beat Galtieri, brought down on Europe but proved right in the end, that's plain to see. The mines and manufacturing were already doomed before she came to power, who honestly thinks the mines would still be operating now?
Rest in peace Iron Lady, wish you could save the country again.
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.