Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Gen1 Fazer 1000 (FZS): FAQ for New and Prospective Owners

<< < (3/7) > >>

devilsyam:
I did mean the block connecter under left panel not one under tank
As the adjusters discussed corrode du to water salt etc it's the lesser of the 2 evils a smear gerase or vasiline will stop the corrosion and any particulates collected by the grease can be washed away with brake cleaner etc

devilsyam:
Locksmith not a really helpful comment as this thread is there for assistance, we all know the discussion comes from 600 riders wetting themselves at the thought of the mighty 1000 lol

PieEater:

--- Quote from: devilsyam on 09 June 2016, 10:28:48 am ---I did mean the block connecter under left panel not one under tank
As the adjusters discussed corrode du to water salt etc it's the lesser of the 2 evils a smear gerase or vasiline will stop the corrosion and any particulates collected by the grease can be washed away with brake cleaner etc

--- End quote ---
Thanks Luke, just to clarify is the connector you mean under the left panel by the seat or under the left fairing infill panel, I'm going with the panel underneath the seat but wanted to double check.

devilsyam:
Left inner fairing panel as you sit on bike connecter in question is clipped to fairing
Whilst on the subject of inner panels a lot break were the screw goes through this is due to over tightning simply slip a rubber tap washer underneath the panel this unless your stupid solves this

PieEater:

--- Quote from: devilsyam on 09 June 2016, 01:18:16 pm ---Left inner fairing panel as you sit on bike connecter in question is clipped to fairing
Whilst on the subject of inner panels a lot break were the screw goes through this is due to over tightning simply slip a rubber tap washer underneath the panel this unless your stupid solves this

--- End quote ---

Done and thanks for the input.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version