Date: 26-04-24  Time: 07:10 am

Author Topic: Fuel map PCV - What do you use?  (Read 561 times)

killerwhaleTRX

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Fuel map PCV - What do you use?
« on: 06 April 2020, 08:36:59 am »
Hi guys!
So, my bike are as follows now.
AIS delete, full system, opened airbox but not the Lars way. When cold it revs nice on idle but warm idle goes south and it hunts so i reckon the map is way rich on idle.
Feels great otherwise, although fuel economy is....well high-ish

You who run from the US map pack, what have you found works the best?
I can add that i can import a PC3 map but when trying to save it as a PCV file program crasches so that not an option. I run stage4 PCV map....not the smoothed one.
And this is already at minus on idle.

Last qs, can one eff up the idle this way on the idle screw? i turned mine but nothing happened. Was thinking that i was on autochoke therefor no difference but when warm its effed....

Any input appreciated!

Regards
Mattias

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel map PCV - What do you use?
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2020, 01:12:19 pm »
Not necessarily helpful to your exact situation but I started off with a map from the dynojet website. I found the one that matched my mods the best and went with that.
Then when I could afford to get a custom map made I took it to my local dyno guy and he was amazed how close it already was to perfect. So much so that he only charged me 1 hours labour to fine tune it and make it a fully custom map.
So might be worth a look on their site and give some a go 👍

killerwhaleTRX

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel map PCV - What do you use?
« Reply #2 on: 06 April 2020, 05:27:15 pm »
Thanks for the reply, im kinda pu$$yfootin around a bit because i have an autotune that are going in. Lets hope this easter when off work.
Regarding the hunting idle, took a spin afterwork stopped and start screwing to the right....and after what feels like an eternity it idled up so got 1300 stable rpms now

Guess someone thought it was funny screwing (no pun) with it and then i made it worse screwing on it the same direction DUH.... :oops
« Last Edit: 06 April 2020, 05:29:00 pm by killerwhaleTRX »