Date: 25-04-24  Time: 00:50 am

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 221679 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: TALKING B****CKS THREAD
« Reply #3175 on: 29 May 2019, 04:34:50 pm »
Quote from: VNA on 28 May 2019, 11:12:02 PM

Can I just post this again;
    Harley Davidson looking for a European manufactuering base.
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2019/may/harley-davidson-build-europe/

But of course like a great many companies one country they will not be considering right now is the UK.
Thank foc for that  :lol

I'm with you there Hedgetrimmer over priced crap

I agree.  I have no interest in Harley Davidsons.  But I would quite happily see them manufactured here for the UK and Euro market. 

You are talking quality well paid jobs.

But the reality is Harley Davidson will not consider the UK as a manufacturing base for even a nono second. 

Nissan has cancelled the UK production of the X-Trail in the UK.  Honda is moving out lock, stop and barrel.  Schaeffler are moving out.  Michelin are moving out.  There is now a growing list of companies moving part or all of their production out of the UK.

The priority for these manufactures is to access the EU single market.  Even your darling economist Professor Minford, in his frankly flawed positive analysis of a NO DEAL BREXIT, admits that UK manufacturing will be all but wiped out.

I am, and continue to be, at a complete and total loss as to why any ordinary person in the UK would wish the UK to leave the EU and the single market.

We will become poorer outside the EU.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: 29 May 2019, 05:09:15 pm »

Very true of the party, but not all of their voters. As mentioned previously, 25% voted 'Leave' in the 2016 EU referendum.

So what? How someone voted previously doesn't mean that they will vote the same way next time (unless you're a rabid "my Party right or wrong" supporter).

And you don't know that they have changed their minds either.

However when you were adding up the various parties EU Parliament election votes into Remain V Leave totals the other day, you'd put every single Green voter into 'Remain' :rolleyes

Oh and apparently around 30% of Liberal Democrat supporters voted Leave in 2016, but you've put 100% of them in your 'Remain' tally too :\

Also there is another 3.6 million votes that you can remove from the remain tally.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: 29 May 2019, 05:19:43 pm »

Never mind, it'll be a good bit of character building for you  :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: 29 May 2019, 06:27:33 pm »
Are you heading up to Scotland mtread?.
Well, we're not all Rob Roys  ;)
In other news, I see the Tory leadership fight has kicked off :lurk They're all stabbing each other in the back?
Who's your Least Worst candidate? Mine's Jeremy Hunt. He's slightly less obnoxious than most of the others
« Last Edit: 29 May 2019, 06:28:34 pm by mtread »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: 29 May 2019, 07:00:59 pm »
Well
  • Rory Stewart looks like an old shoe.
  • Matt Hancocks face looks like he is lying all the time.
  • Sajid Javid has such a small face for his head there's room for an extra one above it.
  • Esther Mcvey's voice is like some one trying to hold back vomit whilst talking.
  • Andrea Leadsom looks like a school headmistress.
  • James Cleaverly - well his problem is no one knows what he looks like.
  • Kit Malthouse sounds like a micro brewery.
  • Dominic Raab has a smarmy face and he NEVER blinks - you watch him.
  • Boris Johnson wants it too much.
  • Michael Gove has a face made out of rubber.
  • Jeremy Hunt looks the most like a prime minister.     

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: 29 May 2019, 07:33:37 pm »
  • Jeremy Hunt looks the most like a prime minister.     
  • [/l][/l]
He's also looked more like a Foreign Secretary....... than his predecessor
[/list]

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: 29 May 2019, 07:41:35 pm »
25% of Green Party voters opted for Leave in the 2016 EU referendum apparently
Where did you get that figure from? The one I've seen says 20%, and that's YouGov which is usually pretty reliable.
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2016/06/27/how-britain-voted
Mind you, it also gives the UKIP voters who voted Remain as 5% :eek They obviously didn't take their medication that day :)
The trouble is, both figures were obtained by sampling ie polling, and we all know how accurate that is. YouGov predicted a 4% lead for Remain on the eve of the referendum.
It's also comparing how people voted in the 2016 referendum with which party they voted for in the 2015 election. And as we all know, people can change their minds over time  :pokefun
« Last Edit: 29 May 2019, 07:43:02 pm by mtread »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: 29 May 2019, 08:08:26 pm »
25% of Green Party voters opted for Leave in the 2016 EU referendum apparently
Where did you get that figure from? The one I've seen says 20%, and that's YouGov which is usually pretty reliable.
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2016/06/27/how-britain-voted

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: 29 May 2019, 08:16:02 pm »
Are you heading up to Scotland mtread?.
Well, we're not all Rob Roys  ;)
:lol

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: 29 May 2019, 08:19:15 pm »

In other news, I see the Tory leadership fight has kicked off :lurk They're all stabbing each other in the back?
Who's your Least Worst candidate? Mine's Jeremy Hunt. He's slightly less obnoxious than most of the others
Hancock ;)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: 29 May 2019, 09:12:26 pm »
Quote from: VNA on 28 May 2019, 11:12:02 PM

Can I just post this again;
    Harley Davidson looking for a European manufactuering base.
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2019/may/harley-davidson-build-europe/

But of course like a great many companies one country they will not be considering right now is the UK.
Thank foc for that  :lol

I'm with you there Hedgetrimmer over priced crap

I agree.  I have no interest in Harley Davidsons.  But I would quite happily see them manufactured here for the UK and Euro market. 

You are talking quality well paid jobs.

But the reality is Harley Davidson will not consider the UK as a manufacturing base for even a nono second. 

Nissan has cancelled the UK production of the X-Trail in the UK.  Honda is moving out lock, stop and barrel.  Schaeffler are moving out.  Michelin are moving out.  There is now a growing list of companies moving part or all of their production out of the UK.

The priority for these manufactures is to access the EU single market.  Even your darling economist Professor Minford, in his frankly flawed positive analysis of a NO DEAL BREXIT, admits that UK manufacturing will be all but wiped out.

I am, and continue to be, at a complete and total loss as to why any ordinary person in the UK would wish the UK to leave the EU and the single market.

You appear to suggest that we have as a nation, and as individuals, somehow become richer as a direct result of EU membership, that out manufacturing blossomed and grew during our membership. I see little evidence of that. Our Councils/local authorities are severely cash strapped, the NHS is chronically underfunded, the roads have all been carpet bombed with no hope of quality repairs, some people cant get to see a GP without a 2 week wait, we cant build our own power stations without funding/materials/labour/expertise from abroad, the streets are overrun by criminal gangs with no hope of apprehending many of them (and they know it), our schools churn out people unfit for the world of work cos they cant read or write, let alone string a sentence together. Our political systems are collapsing due to lack of confidence, the previously nationalised industries fleece money from us and dont invest to provide future security of supplies. During your so called golden period of membership, I was made redundant 4 times as companies shifted the work overseas, or as in one case, the EU created an internal market which made the product we recycled worth more as scrap.

Our membership of the EU has not been a Golden Period of British history

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: 29 May 2019, 10:46:21 pm »
Hancock

:lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: 29 May 2019, 10:52:49 pm »
Our Councils/local authorities are severely cash strapped, the NHS is chronically underfunded, the roads have all been carpet bombed with no hope of quality repairs, some people cant get to see a GP without a 2 week wait, we cant build our own power stations without funding/materials/labour/expertise from abroad, the streets are overrun by criminal gangs with no hope of apprehending many of them (and they know it), our schools churn out people unfit for the world of work cos they cant read or write, let alone string a sentence together.
Nothing to do with the EU. Deliberate underfunding by Tory government imposed austerity,  following collapse of unregulated banking system. For which we are all still paying, unless you are rich enough to avoid.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: 29 May 2019, 11:02:23 pm »
Our Councils/local authorities are severely cash strapped, the NHS is chronically underfunded, the roads have all been carpet bombed with no hope of quality repairs, some people cant get to see a GP without a 2 week wait, we cant build our own power stations without funding/materials/labour/expertise from abroad, the streets are overrun by criminal gangs with no hope of apprehending many of them (and they know it), our schools churn out people unfit for the world of work cos they cant read or write, let alone string a sentence together.
Nothing to do with the EU. Deliberate underfunding by Tory government imposed austerity,  following collapse of the labour party's unregulated banking system. For which we are all still paying, unless you are rich enough to avoid.
Fixed it for you.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: 29 May 2019, 11:12:51 pm »

Our membership of the EU has not been a Golden Period of British history
That is not what I said.  And yes you are correct, we have suffered decades of manufacturing decline though decades of neo liberal politics.
Our Councils/local authorities are severely cash strapped,
They lost massive amounts of income and assets due to Tory polices.  Councils were forced to sell their housing stocks for example.  Millions of people are now stuck with massive mortgages or paying rip off rents.

the NHS is chronically underfunded
Over the last few decades there has been tax after tax cut for the well off, whilst taxes have increased overall for ordinary working people.  We have financed our infrastructure with private money and ended up paying for often substandard civil projects several times over.  We have been absolutely screwed on endless infrastructure projects. 
we cant build our own power stations without funding/materials/labour/expertise from abroad,
Again, the Tories choose to privatise our utilities allowing most of them to fall in to foreign ownership who take the profit out of the country.  We choose, not can’t, not to build our own utilities but to have other countries finance, build and take the profit.   Your rich Tory masters are investing their own money in the companies now building our infrastructure.  They also look to those companies for directorships and consultancy work once they have left parliament.

The Tories will not peruse the companies that they are investing in for the billions upon billions upon billions of tax that they are not paying to the exchequer.  It’s not in their interest.  They don’t need the NHS, and boy would they love to privatise it so they could make even more money from your misery.

At every turn New Labour and the Tories have ripped you off.  This is why people are angry, furious, and rightly so. 

But the EU did none of this to us.  Our woes are as a direct result of frankly discreetly corrupt and personally greedy right-wing politicians that we have suffered for decades now.

As you are probably aware I am keen to see Scotland become an independent nation.  It’s not out of some miss-guided dumb rose tinted patriotic stupid tartan nationalism.  I don’t care for that kinda shite.  It’s political.  A lot of us in Scotland understand what has been happening, and we understand why and how we have been screwed.  And the simple fact is England doesn’t get it, you show no sign of ever getting it, we therefore see no future for us in the United Kingdom.

The filthy rich bastards like Rees Mogg, Johnston, Nigel Farage are gonna screw you all again.  They are gonna get rich off the back of BREXIT whilst we all get screwed.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: 29 May 2019, 11:13:56 pm »
Fixed it for you.
New Labour = Tories.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: 29 May 2019, 11:14:58 pm »
Not denying it. But the imposed austerity and dismantling of the state,  is all Tory. Something they were delighted to have an excuse for.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: 29 May 2019, 11:34:20 pm »
Not denying it. But the imposed austerity and dismantling of the state,  is all Tory. Something they were delighted to have an excuse for.
What gets me is that you and your little red book waving mate think that all brexit supporters are also Conservative supporters, you constantly attack the conservatives - you will garner no argument from me with that tact. Yet you will constantly defend labours record which is far from perfect either. All governments (so far ) are self serving self and party first with their snouts in the trough and by leaving the EU and cutting out that whole layer of politicians we are making the trough shorter.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: 29 May 2019, 11:51:33 pm »
Well I'm fairly certain he's SNP and I tend to vote Green or Lib Dem. So I think you've missed your target.
No idea how others vote. We just hate the Tories  :lol

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: 30 May 2019, 12:28:42 am »
Well I'm fairly certain he's SNP
No I am not a direct member of any politcal party.  I am an affliated member of The Labour party.
I am always, firstly, interested in candidates, then secondly party manifestos.
I however have never, and never ever will, vote for a Tory candidate.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: 30 May 2019, 12:54:53 am »
Or UKIP or Brexit Party or any of those other nasties (spellcheck).
To be honest, no point voting Labour where I live. Not with the Little Corporal as our MP.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3196 on: 30 May 2019, 01:35:59 am »
However when you were adding up the various parties EU Parliament election votes into Remain V Leave totals the other day, you'd put every single Green voter into 'Remain'

And when we were told that, in the 2017 election, some number of people "voted for parties which supported Brexit in their manifestos, so..."  :rolleyes

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: 30 May 2019, 03:28:47 pm »

What gets me is that you and your little red book waving mate think that all brexit supporters are also Conservative supporters, you constantly attack the conservatives - you will garner no argument from me with that tact. Yet you will constantly defend labours record which is far from perfect either.
I wonder if I am the “little red book waving mate”

I remember the New Labour period well.  I stopped my political levy during that period as a result of New Labour.  I made it clear to my union brothers and sistersl, as well as friends and associates that I viewed Tony Blair and New Labour in the same manner I viewed The Tories, as enemies of our people and our country.  And in Scotland Labour is yet to recover from that betrayal. 

Thankfully New Labour is dead, and once again The Labour  Party can be seen as the party of the many not the few.

But on BREXIT, The Labour Party is a mess.  Mr Corbyn seems to want to have a think about things and discuss it in September at the party conference.  He better wake up, in Scotland The Labour Party is now on life support, and if Mr Corbyn doesn’t make some decisive decision soon and firmly oppose BREXIT, well The Labour Party right across the UK could end up in intensive care along with the Tory Party.

It is clear that the BREXIT dream is just that, a dream, a fantasy built on lies.  If we want to protect our jobs and our economy, if we want to protect our future and environment, if we want to be part of the modern world – we must cancel article 50.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: 30 May 2019, 06:15:45 pm »

I remember the New Labour period well.  I stopped my political levy during that period as a result of New Labour.  I made it clear to my union brothers and sistersl, as well as friends and associates that I viewed Tony Blair and New Labour in the same manner I viewed The Tories, as enemies of our people and our country.

I'm sure they were very impressed, too. Here, have a medal  :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: 30 May 2019, 06:37:25 pm »
What gets me is that you and your little red book waving mate think that all brexit supporters are also Conservative supporters, you constantly attack the conservatives - you will garner no argument from me with that tact. Yet you will constantly defend labours record which is far from perfect either.
I wonder if I am the “little red book waving mate”

I remember the New Labour period well.  I stopped my political levy during that period as a result of New Labour.  I made it clear to my union brothers and sistersl, as well as friends and associates that I viewed Tony Blair and New Labour in the same manner I viewed The Tories, as enemies of our people and our country.  And in Scotland Labour is yet to recover from that betrayal. 

Thankfully New Labour is dead, and once again The Labour  Party can be seen as the party of the many not the few.

But on BREXIT, The Labour Party is a mess.  Mr Corbyn seems to want to have a think about things and discuss it in September at the party conference.  He better wake up, in Scotland The Labour Party is now on life support, and if Mr Corbyn doesn’t make some decisive decision soon and firmly oppose BREXIT, well The Labour Party right across the UK could end up in intensive care along with the Tory Party.

It is clear that the BREXIT dream is just that, a dream, a fantasy built on lies.  If we want to protect our jobs and our economy, if we want to protect our future and environment, if we want to be part of the modern world – we must cancel article 50.

New Labour is far from dead. Its core still sits in the House, waiting for the right moment to ditch Corbine. I amazed you, of all people, think it dead :eek