Date: 24-04-24  Time: 01:48 am

Author Topic: inventive reasons for getting your fazers out  (Read 1369 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
inventive reasons for getting your fazers out
« on: 21 June 2015, 01:13:11 pm »
Ok fazerists....mrs red is not a bike fan and cant see the attraction of motorcycling....so I do feel a little guilty when I dissappear for hours on end , on the fazer, just for fun   :)........so, I find myself making excuses to go out, I do like to fettle and my latest excuses centre around test rides to see if things are all good......couple of weeks ago I painted the engine on my thou and had to take it out on a long ride so the heat of the engine fully cured the paint....worked a treat, gone best part of the day and no back lash   ;)

Iam planning to go out this afternoon, so have spent some time in the garage.....I gave the thou a quick wash and shammy, but how ever hard I tried could not fully dry the fazer, dont want to put the cover on a damp bike so will have to take it for a test ride hoping that the wind blast will cure this nightmare of a problem....if I cant cure the problem I ill have to use mrs reds car for work in the morning   :rolleyes

so, what excusses have you used in the past to sneak out on your fazers.....got to be good uns as I might use them myself  :lol
« Last Edit: 21 June 2015, 01:29:51 pm by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: inventive reasons for getting your fazers out
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2015, 01:50:07 pm »
Never needed an excuse, wife often prefers to go on the bike when weather is good.  :)
Last week we went away for a 3 day break, asked here which she wanted to go on and she picked the bike.  :) Was not to happy when we got a puncture I could not fix on the way home (A corrugated cut from a Joint fastener about 1/2 an inch long and tyre was down in less than 1/2 a mile) and for the first time in 40 years of motorcycling I had to call the Insurance recovery company. :'(
Bike was home before we were.
A good reminder as to why I do not take trains. :eek

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2015, 03:12:41 pm »
I convinced the missus that the bike must be run regularly or the battery will have to be replaced so no problem getting out.  The issue is how long I escape for :rolleyes.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

hairnet

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2015, 08:26:41 pm »
im single i dont need an excuse :D

not fazer but have rode to belfast for breakfast for a daytrip :D

i was going to dublin via scotland for a gig in dublin at the weekend but changed me mind and am going via scouse instead cos m6 is just  :z :z :z :z :z :z
will ride for food.....

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2015, 12:20:39 am »
The bike needs fresh air otherwise it will catch mould  :lol

Just joking, misus does not like bikes, but likes sleeping long time till noon weekend mornings, hence I am  going on bike fun trips mostly morning time in the weekends.

Afternoons we are off all together on 4x4 somewhere. Fair enough to me, because it will be kind of hard to get all the family, including two naughty boxers on the bike.

Weekdays I am commuting with the bike.

Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2015, 06:03:32 am »
Thankfully I don't need an excuse, as we are all bikers! Only problem is arranging for someone to let the dogs out if on the bike for all day, as went to Cheddar Gorge via Loomies, 12 hours in all covering 400 amazing miles mostly lanes and lovely villages.
[/size][/color]Also had a trip up to Gaydon for a course, some fantastic roads up there too, considering how near it is to Birmingham.[/font]
[/size][/color]Managed another session with KFB at Brands Hatch, track photo same as last year, but not such good quality, Fazer was amazing though, like a little terrier.[/font]
[/size][/color]Next adventure is to visit Thruxton for a course with track time thrown in as well on 3rd July, will avoid the M3 like the plague as major roadworks Northbound as I discovered on the not so quick blat back from Cheddar. The others reversed the route which took two hours longer and I needed to be back for the dogs[/font] 8)
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2015, 08:20:28 am »
Woke up at half 4 this morning and it was peeing down.  Yehaaw I thought.  This will give me a chance to test my waterproof gear. Yay love it.  Anyway,  the Hein Gericke Master V Goretex jacket was great.  The plastic over trousers over my Draggin Jeans wasn't.  Soaking wet Nads,  in fact soaked from the waist to my knees.  Knees to toes were covered by Sidi Goretex boots so were perfect too.  Fazer behaved perfectly as always. I need some lightweight Goretex trousers
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2015, 08:49:26 am »
I like you Red I have a Mrs who has no interest, I could buy a new bike and so long as it was black she would not notice, she thinks its called a FRAZER and she thinks thats also the make.
Yeh she has been on the back but dosent like it and neither do I - upsets my suspension. This time of year is good -- light nights for me and the Frazer  :rolleyes and big brother for her.
My excuses are that the battery will go flat ( even though its on an optimiser ) and the petrol will go off-------- oh and she thinks the bike will do 200 mpg, who am I to say differently!
On the other hand if we were both interested nothing around the house would get done as we would be out all the time.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 June 2015, 09:38:16 am »
After changing my job, and parking at work for cages being incredibly difficult. Bike parking is space aplenty 8)

I sold my car about 8 years ago, and use the bike every day. No excuse needed 8)
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!