Date: 26-04-24  Time: 22:05 pm

Author Topic: fazer down  (Read 18639 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
fazer down
« on: 16 June 2015, 07:14:55 pm »
 After 35 years of accident free riding ive had an accident   :\...filtering through very busy rush hour ,lady decides to do a U-turn, said she looked but did'nt see me.pulled out hit my left bar end, steering the bike into her drivers side door, bike went down on its right side leaving me standing there ......bit shook up with bruises on my legs just above the boot line and
a sore /  bruised right wrist......my speed 4/5 mph, cars speed 1/2mph we both stopped dead....

admitted she was doing a u - turn but would not admit liability, said the same to police lady who stopped to see if we were alright  :thumbup

Two vans stopped, turned out to be brothers and bikers, gave me their card as were witnesses, and then loaded bike onto their van and gave me a lift home......you dont meet people like this very often , its foccin good when you do.top guys   :thumbup

dont do plugs, but if you want your garden sorted these are your guys, you wont find better  :)........Q GARDEN MAINTENANCE, you'll find them in yellow pages under T.........Top guys.......
« Last Edit: 16 June 2015, 07:16:55 pm by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: fazer down
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2015, 07:18:20 pm »
Theres 4 pictures I didnt want to see.....be carefull out there guys, there out to get us....

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2015, 07:30:32 pm »
Sorry to hear this, I hope your ok and mend soon.
Andy :eek

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2015, 07:36:10 pm »
Glad you're ok Red, doesn't look like too much damage, be interesting to hear the liability outcome, despite the cross hatches, doing a u turn without being 100% it's all clear has got to be a complete no no.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2015, 08:24:15 pm »
Glad you're ok Paul.  Surprised she was taking photo's.
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2015, 08:53:40 pm »
Glad you are ok mate, sounds like you are in the clear.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2015, 08:55:45 pm »
35 years is good going and this wasn't your fault. Hopefully not too much damage.

Surprised she was taking photo's.

Probably to remind her of what a motorcycle looks like later on.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 June 2015, 08:57:43 pm »
As everyone else will say- at least you're ok fella!
Some say...

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2015, 09:31:08 pm »
ya was gonna say that, why is that daft mare taking photos  :rolleyes  could be worse,35 years without a tipp crikey youve done well lad,glad your ok
please god let the sun keep shining

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 June 2015, 09:45:24 pm »
My heart always sinks when I see a bike laying in the road :(, but glad to hear you are not too badly injured and hope the damage to the bike not too bad also.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 June 2015, 09:46:25 pm »
Aye could have been a lot worse!  Glad you're ok
Intentionally left blank

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 June 2015, 10:22:21 pm »
glad your ok mate ,to be fair you can't expect people to admit liability as it clearly says don't on every policy  :eek

hope the witnesses swing it for you because you know she is going to say "never expected a bike to be in cross hatchings "

Its just a ride

Rikki

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 June 2015, 10:34:15 pm »
Unlucky lad. Loud exhaust might have come in handy in that situation. Nice to hear a couple of good eggs were on hand to help out.

SEPTIKANGEL

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GL1800 &amp Commando850
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 June 2015, 10:36:50 pm »
you know she is going to say "never expected a bike to be in cross hatchings "
Could have been a cyclist, a jogger, a horse (and cart) a pedestrian, a dog, a zombie or a white walker.  Hatchings are 'avoid' in that location shown, nothing to say any of the previous were illegally there at all.   She was impatiently waiting in a queue, passed the physical barrier of the splitter island and clearly didn't look before turning. Glad no major injuries Red, keep us posted.
Will try and PM you an insurance letter I kept some time ago (may even have been on here) which may prove useful.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: 16 June 2015, 10:37:58 pm »
Sorry to hear that Red. Hope your bruises heal quick and that you bounce back soon Fella.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 16 June 2015, 10:40:37 pm »
OH dear Paul, bit of a bugger, I bet you cursed :lol :lol :lol :lol

I see no reason why you cannot ride in the crosshatch,,,silly bitch, should of kicked her in the fanny :lol :lol :lol :lol
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

stevie-g1968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 June 2015, 10:53:33 pm »
What the foc was she doing trying to do a u turn there? She should have spun around at the roundabout down by the vw garage. She's bang to rights in the wrong there. If she was so desperate to go back she could have even flung it round into the carpark on the left.... mind you I see all sorts of shite driving around wycombe daily.
FOCing down under.......dodging vacant Skippy's.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 June 2015, 10:55:49 pm »
Cheers guys.....been one of those days, more work than I can handle today and had plumber coming round this evening to quote for a new boiler then my bro in law arrived for a natter and here it is nearly 11 and I aint had any dinner yet :\

but, yes your all right as usual.the bruises are getting a bit painfull now, not sure how i got them though, parhaps I put my feet down before I hit the car and bashed them on the foot rests when I hit the car.see what there like in the morning, could of been a lot worse  ;)

Only had a quick look at the bike, front indicator has been pushed into the fairing cracking it, slight mark on bar end, slight mark on one of the engine covers but there was one there already.no damage to tank or exhaust so I think I got off lightly, shame though, had the bike for over 14 years now , had no plans to get rid of it, always looked after it and then of course theres my "stuttering thread "..........it lost a lot of oil whilst it was on its side, Iam hoping this was from the oil breather pipe, major engine damage and it will be a write off, the down side of having an older bike....probs be the weekend before I get a chance of a proper look, tempted to take a sickie tomorrow and sort insurance and wot not out......just got too much work on really, see how I feel in the morning...

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 June 2015, 11:01:28 pm »
Sorry to hear that Paul, glad you're ok

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 June 2015, 11:05:45 pm »
Pleased it was a low speed drop and hope nothing more than bruises,

On the other hand...............shame on you for not doing the headlight mod....could've made all the difference :rolleyes
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 June 2015, 11:11:12 pm »
What the foc was she doing trying to do a u turn there? She should have spun around at the roundabout down by the vw garage. She's bang to rights in the wrong there. If she was so desperate to go back she could have even flung it round into the carpark on the left.... mind you I see all sorts of shite driving around wycombe daily.

hi stevie.yep, car park would have been the easiest about 10 yrds on the left, spin it around and back out.....a lot mord traffic tonight for some reason, think she was looking for a quicker route home, very little traffic the otherway

yep, your right about wycombe drivers, watch out for the taxi's, got to be the worst in britain  :eek

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 June 2015, 11:14:09 pm »
Pleased it was a low speed drop and hope nothing more than bruises,

On the other hand...............shame on you for not doing the headlight mod....could've made all the difference :rolleyes

your right there FROSTIES  :o......good picture for the insurance guys, headlight on during the day  ;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 June 2015, 11:38:49 pm »
Do I see two kids in the car and also other parents in the background, am I right in thinking this was the school run, if they are the worst -- heaven forbid that they miss more than 10 min of flog it, always in a hurry - distracting kids in the car --- and what they live 1 mile from the school , I think I am angeryer than you RED
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #23 on: 16 June 2015, 11:48:42 pm »
After 35 years of accident free riding ive had an accident   

Sorry to hear that, but glad it wasn't any worse.

As for her not admitting liability, it doesn't matter, see Davis vs Schrogin 2006

The defendant was stuck in a traffic jam on a straight road, with the claimant riding his motorcycle on the same road in the same direction.

As there was no traffic coming from the other direction, the motorcyclist was overtaking the stationary traffic. The defendant had decided to perform a U-turn to get out of the queue and moved to the left of the queue before beginning the U-turn.

The judge found that the defendant had been negligent in not looking properly before beginning his turn. He also did not believe that the motorcyclist had time to see the defendant's manoeuvre, and that the claimant couldn't have done anything to avoid the accident.

On appeal, it was decided that once the judge had found as a primary fact that the motorcyclist was so close to the point of impact that he could not have avoided the collision, there was simply no basis for any finding of contributory negligence. The judge's decision would be upheld.

stevie-g1968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 June 2015, 06:53:28 am »
Il do my sales pitch for the company I work for to give you a boiler quote,...  :lol :lol ;) trouble is as these bikes get on in age, the insurance company will want to write it off.. :rolleyes
FOCing down under.......dodging vacant Skippy's.