Date: 28-03-24  Time: 18:42 pm

Author Topic: drift camera  (Read 1855 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
drift camera
« on: 04 January 2015, 01:02:50 pm »
Bought myself a drift camera in oct 2013 but not been able to work out how the thing works   :o.......iam possibly the biggest pc numpty on here, no kidding iam worse tham bad      :\.......so, thought I would start the year with positive thoughts and dug the camera out in an attempt to sort it out........when I first got the camera I made a mount and recorded a short run on it no problems, view the footage on the pc via media player....but thats all I could do.....ive since bought a galaxy tab 2 so put the micro sd in and nothing, asked google and then downloaded something called "ESfile explorer".....

so........click........... es file explorer
                                  Ext sd card
                                  Dcim
                                  100 drift
                                   File 010.mov

Select es media player and I get a message......sorry cannot play this video.....

so....what am I doing wrong ??????

great chance for all you foccers to take the pi** in the usual manner...I look forward to it
« Last Edit: 04 January 2015, 01:03:24 pm by red98 »
One, is never going to be enough.....

andybesy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: drift camera
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2015, 01:22:45 pm »
There are Many different video formats, and different devices record in different ones.

Does the drift have any options as to which it records to? Mpeg .Mpg is most compatible,

.mov is Apple's native format which is supported by some players but not all.

For the pc I recommend a free player called vlc which will play most anything without needing to mess around with Windows.

I see there is a version available for android based phones but haven't used it, and don't know about other types of tablet or mobile.

But you'll be able to find a compatible player of some sort if that is all you want to do.

Or you could upload your. Mov to YouTube and it'll take care of converting to different formats and selecting the right one for the right device. They can be set private if you prefer.

And Google drive or similar services are very good for simply making files available to you on all your devices.

Editing is more complex subject, your best starting place may be Windows movie maker included with Windows 7.

Andy

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 January 2015, 01:38:49 pm »
Hi andy, thanks for your reply......mmmmmm you've lost me allready   :lol.....got the instructions out now....file format is   .mov ( H.264 codec ).....means nothing to me  :rolleyes....will try that VIC thingy later on the pc......pc is years old and could probably do with replacing but I will try and see what happens.......cheers buddy   :thumbup

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 January 2015, 02:49:53 pm »
It's VLC
http://vlc-media-player.en.softonic.com/

Bit of a PC numpty myself hope this helps.

Jamieg285

• Club Racer
  • What does this do?
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 January 2015, 01:05:10 pm »
Assuming my Drift model is the same as yours:

Click Menu > Select the Cog icon with four squares (lower left) > Select Video Camera > Go to Page 2 'Video Format' > Change from MOV to MP4.

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 January 2015, 09:29:35 pm »
Might be worth checking it has the latest firmware.. A mate of mine uses them for media work and they had an issue with the format being corrupt a few times. Drift advised was a known firmware issue and to update it.. could be a red herring but worth keeping in mind.

http://store.driftinnovation.com/firmware-update/
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 January 2015, 06:57:19 am »
thanks for replies foccers  :thumbup ...a few things to try there..having trouble downloading the VLC thingy...will try again later   ;)