Date: 28-03-24  Time: 18:13 pm

Author Topic: Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show. Stafford. 19th & 20th October 2019.  (Read 2325 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Well worth a look if you have an interest in the classic Japanese bikes.

https://www.staffordclassicbikeshows.com/october/

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show. Stafford. 19th & 20th October 2019.
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2019, 06:54:09 am »
yes, a very good show  :thumbup ,all being well i`ll be going on sunday, hopefully on the mighty thou but the weather might change that  :\
One, is never going to be enough.....

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2019, 08:56:48 am »
BSB final round at Brands Hatch, so that's my Sunday sorted.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2019, 11:22:11 am »
Saturday for me I think. looking to stock up on the usual consumables, cable ties/gloves etc

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2019, 08:43:37 pm »
What a piece of work, fantastic. Split clamp fastens it to the hub. Awesome

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 October 2019, 09:23:22 am »
went yesterday but had a problem or two  :\ ,was watching the weather all week thinking if its wet i`ll take the car but not ideal ,part of going to these shows is the ride there on your bike , got up yesterday to dry roads and a bit of sunshine  :) planned to leave home at 9 ish to get there for 11ish leaving plenty of time to wander round and still get home in day light...not used the mighty thou for a couple of weeks so gave it a quick check over and a few psi`s` in the tyres and iam off on time , iam heading for the M40 for a quick blast before picking up the A44, a 5 mile ride got me to the roundabout that gets me onto jct 4 of the M40 pulled up at the traffic lights and then iam surrounded by steam , somethings up i thinks so i miss my turning and take the next to have a look , coolant was dripping onto the collector box on the exhaust and header tank was more or less empty  :\ ....let it cool for a few minutes and took a slow, sad ride home  :'(

at home a dig my 600 out from the back of the garage and put the thou in its place ,not used the 6 for maybe a couple of months both tyres were soft and the chain needs adjusting and lube , not the best start and it would of been easy to just forget the day and slouch on the sofa and watch the rugby , but sometimes you have to make the effort ,ive had the 6 for 18 ish years and stuttering aside its not given me any problems , 15 mins later ,jobs done iam ready to go again ,thats when things started to change , i look down at the fuel gauge and its full , more than enough to get me to Stafford without stopping...on the M40 to oxford , A 44 woodstock ,chipping norton , stratford , reditch and a blast on the M42 M5 M6 to aviod the brummies got there at 1pm the mighty 6 not missing a beat......
a good show as usual but entry price has shot up to £16 iam sure i paid £12 last year ,got i little bit cold by the time i got there my planned breakfast stop cancelled due to swapping bikes ,i needed hot tea and something to eat ,try to aviod and meal at these shows but i had no choice...£2 FOR A CUP OF TEA  :eek

warmed up, time to take a wander ,all the usual stuff there but visiting late on the last day ,meant there was not much to see in the auto jumble and most of the stall holders were starting to pack up for the day ,did bump into Henry Cole and Sam Lovegrove and also Craig Jones from dog house customs who also has a shared youtube channel "on your bike" ......lots of complete project bikes for sale with stupid prices many of which had price drops scribbled on the asking price ,not sold and will be going home with them...
last wander around the hall i came across a very nice cafe  racer 600 fazer on a stand that sells cafe racer kits ,just completed in time for the show , iam not usually a fan of these but this was good ,soon got chatting about all things fazerish and i had a little sit on the bike ,iam an old foccer and sports bikes are  not am option for me but this could well change things and what a great project....
left the show at 3.30 ish and had a smooth ride home clocking up 261 miles for the day,missing the showers and getting home just as it got dark ,should of stopped for something to eat though, bloody starving....... :lol

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 October 2019, 09:31:07 am »
i took some piccies of the fazer but having a bit of connection issue with my phone ,will try again later......

day off today so after seeing all those 70s/80s bikes yesterday iam going to dig out my suzuki x7 and see if i can find the missing spark...

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 October 2019, 06:29:59 pm »
I almost went on the bike on Saturday, but glad I chose not to, it pissed down part way there for half an hour. I commented last year about the food prices, and I reckon they'd increased again this year. Cheapest burger I saw was a foccing fiver!!!! First spend was on a woolly hat seeing as how Id forgot to pick up one of the half dozen (now seven) hanging by the back door. Bargain, £2. Entry for me was £12, bought an advance ticket online some weeks ago, no queuing, entry at 9am rather than 9.30. Got to agree, the prices of the bikes are ridiculous, the sellers deserve to take them back home