Date: 16-04-24  Time: 22:09 pm

Author Topic: Tail Tidy  (Read 574 times)

Fazian

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Tail Tidy
« on: 10 March 2020, 11:47:19 am »
Thinking of putting a tail tidy on my FZ1 and wanted to get everyone's opinion on which one to get. I would also like to fit LED indicators too. It's a 2007 model.

Any recommendations?

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Tail Tidy
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2020, 02:27:33 pm »
I have the R&G one on mine. Perfectly good and does the job as good as any other. The one thing I will warn you about though is the fact that you will get spray up your back from the rear wheel. I do have a slightly smaller plate than stock but I imagine it would still be bad with a full sized one.

It's not so bad in good weather but when it rains I've had dirty water as far up as the back of my helmet. Not a deal breaker for me personally but just something to consider.

As for L.E.D indicators, most people seem to just go for cheap chinese ones off fleabay. I tried going for a more premium set and bought the Oxford Saturns but I honestly couldn't recommend them 😔 They are bright enough and look good but they're a nightmare for falling in half at the slightest catch. I think it's a kind of fail safe feature to stop then snapping but most of the time just ends up being annoying. Not what i expected for £35 a pair 😒

Fazian

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Tail Tidy
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2020, 07:25:01 pm »
Thanks for that Dudeofrude, the R & G one was the one I was looking at TBH as it looks a bit better to me. I get what you're saying about the water spray but I only intend on riding in the dry. I'll take a look at some of the indicators on ebay then  :thumbup