Date: 24-04-24  Time: 07:50 am

Author Topic: Wales, day spin - on or around 01st/02nd/03rd August - anyone coming?  (Read 1995 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
does anyone fancy a bimble.....only if it is sunny..............theres quite a few welsh members, some recent gen 1 thou owners etc.

nowt organised as such, just blast about the place and hopefully locals have some good road suggestions other than my usual routes....bot of fun riding without going crazy mental....I have a fast bike but a slow brain and too much ballast :lol

im haverfordwest so am probably the furthest westwards, id do 300 miles max...with stops etc more likely a couple hundred miles, depends how early I can leave and how my arse copes :biker

im off the weekend after if that's better...I just need loads of notice so I can book my time before the missus books it for me.

we don't tend to get many takers and it is awkward with everyone having different schedules but be nice to get one half decent attended spin, 5 or 6 bikes is probably ideal without it turning into a road train.
« Last Edit: 05 July 2015, 05:21:00 am by noggythenog »
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Wales 25th/26th July.
« Reply #1 on: 28 June 2015, 08:02:15 am »
I shall be in Wales then, staying at Aberystwyth, playing golf on the Saturday at Borth , the lifeboat charity open comp, so sorry ,oh if you ride by,,keep the noise down hooligans
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
Re: Wales 25th/26th July.
« Reply #2 on: 28 June 2015, 05:06:18 pm »

im off the weekend after if that's better...
I'm off the following week from the Monday 3rd August  through to Sunday 9th if that's any good. May be able to do Sunday 2nd as well but I'll have to see if I can get rid of my shift first.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2015, 07:17:49 am by Grayo »
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Wales, day spin - on or around 01st/02nd/03rd August - anyone coming?
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2015, 05:20:06 am »

****updated for the weekend after******

Slim........what about the following weekend of 01st 02nd 03rd august then..........Grayo says he could be off on the Monday 03rd and a weekday ride is always a better bet for other poxy traffic being minimised amongst other things....he could maybe be off on the Sunday 02nd August - TBC

Grayo......confirming I am off on the Monday 3rd August so as it stands lets wait and see if we do actually get any more interest for that weekend and whether it ends up being the Sunday 2nd or Monday 03rd.

ill update the description to the following weekend.
« Last Edit: 05 July 2015, 05:22:03 am by noggythenog »

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Yep, I should be ok,,not able to commit 100%, but usually available :D
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Will be a last minute decision for me as usual  :rolleyes

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Its also the Llangollen Bikefest the weekend of 1st-2nd August. Hope to be there on the Saturday.

fazer390

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Sounds like a good run. I can't confirm until about a week before, but I'm defo up for this... ;-)

AKA - Jase / Carbonkid...

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Errr sorry foccers.....it didnt look like i had much interest & i jumped ship to the Lofo run on the 2nd that Nick is leading.

It still means that ill be travelling through Wales on the 01st as a nice way to get through to the cotswolds so if anyone fancies a spin en route or fancies tagging along for the lofo ride then feel free.