Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

hid bulbs

<< < (2/3) > >>

ZiggyCol:
I fitted an HID kit to both my 600s as the lights were crap (particularly on the original square headlight model - Foxeye was better) but the 1000's lights seem much improved and I've just replaced with superior bulbs.

rsciw:
I have fitted an HID kit to my MK 1 Thou, this one -> http://www.motorbikealarm.co.uk/node/50

I decided to do it since I love riding nights, however there have been a few occasions where I didn't really see the curve coming up, so decided to go for HIDs. These things really lighten up everything, I can see anything there now :D

The thing I haven't really realized is that this kit only comes with one bulb, so the right one's HID, the left one regular now. Looks a bit stupid and should replace the left one at some point too.
Can only recommend it :)

dazedandconfused:
I just stuck some Osram Night breakers in. Works for me.

Gingernutz:
Had them on my Mark 1 and now 2. On the Mk1 you should they to get a partner who is also doing it so you buy a H1 set and he buys a H4 set - split the set and you are in business. Make sure you get the telescopic H4 set so that you get HID light on Hi and lo beam (a magnet moves the bulb in and out). Make sure the sets you buy can be split - or buy two bike kits for yourself which often come as single bulb kits. The kits I have bought have been chinese ones and have been ok - no problems but you can see the quality is not fantastic but they are a hell of a lot cheaper!

theboydougie:
Yup as Aegis pointed out I fitted a HID kit to my Gen 1 about 3 or 4 years ago. I bought a single kit from fleabay for about 40 squid (chinese supplier). and it was a straight forward fit (fitted to the right hand lens as you're sat on the bike). Ballast tucked under the right fairing infill & a straight fit into the bulb holder. I just kept the standard bulb in  the left lens. My intention was to eventually do the left lense with a HID, but in all honesty, it's just not necessary as the other one is so bloody good.

My bike is ridden all year round all weather & the 40 quid kit has given me no problems what-so-ever; still on the original bulb.

It's just been through it's 3rd MOT with the kit fitted with no problems. I've been on 3 police lead instruction days & have had the bike looked over by, "traffic" after being stopped a couple of times...never has the HID been commented on negatively.

as for blinding oncoming traffic, i feel that If it's fitted well and the aim is correct with the riders (and more) weight on the bike, it shouldn't be an issue. but I know folk will contest that. I've not had any of the folks putting their lights on to high beam to tell me i'm blinding them.

Is it necessary in towns and city's? prolly not, but if you live in or commute through the countryside or enjoy a right good ride in the countryside in the dark  ;)  then imho, it's well worth doing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version