Date: 28-03-24  Time: 11:38 am

Author Topic: Hastings Direct - Be careful  (Read 960 times)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Hastings Direct - Be careful
« on: 12 August 2019, 12:42:12 pm »

:wall

A couple of weeks ago I called them to add a third bike (another FZS600) to my policy. The intention was to take the original FZS600 off once I get serious and sell it. £25 to add a third bike. Not bad I thought and confirmed with the guy on the phone that all 3 bikes were now on cover.
On Saturday I was playing on the interweb and did an MIDB check of all three bikes to discover that the Tiger was showing as not insured. Fortunately I hadn't ridden it recently. A not so quick call later to Hastings uncovered the fact that their systems said I had Bike 1 and Bike 2 on cover but not Bike 3 and MIDB said it was 1&3 on cover, not 2. :headbang

Turns out the numpty who had made the change had screwed it all up and the policy should only allow 2 bikes on cover at any one time.

Moral of this story - If you make a change to your insurance, check your documents BEFORE you start using the bike. Luckily for me I realised before finding out the hard way
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Hastings Direct - Be careful
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2019, 10:27:36 pm »
Lucky indeed 'cause you can guarantee 1000% that any fuckin' robbing lousy stinking bastard insurance company will find the smallest loophole to stop paying you out.  :finger :finger
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Hastings Direct - Be careful
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2019, 11:24:46 pm »
Just swap the Fazer plates over and have one insured 😀