Date: 29-03-24  Time: 12:30 pm

Author Topic: flogged me thou...  (Read 826 times)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
flogged me thou...
« on: 15 April 2020, 01:35:45 pm »
Well, being a self employed builder aint the best idea at the moment. Ive had to flog a bike to keep myself in running things money. good news is i flogged it too a rich mate, whos garaged it, not altered the log book and will give me a few months grace to buy it back once things are normal again. essentially, hes lent me two grand with my bike as security. I kept the xjr and the Harley as i use them both for me 'essential shopping runs'. you can only get so much in the xjr1300's tank bag, or the one the harleys rack, so most days i have to ride out twice. it keeps me sane and kinda takes the sting out of not having the fazer in the garage, so every cloud huh...
« Last Edit: 15 April 2020, 01:37:38 pm by ogri48 »

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
Re: flogged me thou...
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2020, 04:28:59 pm »
Good news, mate  :)  best wishes.  Had I the space in the garage, I'd have had it.
Later

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2020, 05:56:59 pm »
Ive had to flog a bike to keep myself in running things money.
Foc no!   :eek :eek :eek
being a self employed builder
I thought you’d switched over and become a mature student (extra mature?), presumably spending your days smoking dope, hanging out down the student union drinking cut price real ale or attending Marxist solidarity meetings or whatever.
good news is i flogged it too a rich mate, whos garaged it, not altered the log book and will give me a few months grace to buy it back once things are normal again.
Jesus.  Fingers crossed you get things sorted out and get her back.  Are you able to claim on the government schemes?   This lockdown can’t last forever – so hopefully you’ll soon be back out and earning some decent cash.  Hope it all works out for you Ogri. 

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2020, 02:41:45 pm »
Thanks mate. nope, government schemes wont be helping me. only just gone back to being self employed so no books or accounts. it'll be ok, im sure :)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 April 2020, 03:21:04 pm »
Hi ogri. If you've recently re-reregistered with HMRC as self employed, even without accounts, there might be some outcome. They are looking at it.
Meanwhile, have you applied for Universal Credit? Better than nowt!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 April 2020, 08:15:03 pm »
 Yeah, dunno what to say Ogri, not a good situation for you.

Hopefully another few weeks, and maybe they can start lifting restrictions.  Hang in there dude.