Date: 28-03-24  Time: 23:54 pm

Author Topic: EXUP Pulley knackered!  (Read 1149 times)

JD-LincsUK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
EXUP Pulley knackered!
« on: 25 April 2017, 01:56:52 pm »
I was gobsmacked when I took the cover off today, to give the EXUP a servicing:

How the hell that happened, I've no idea. My mechanic friend adjusted it for me before my MOT and I'm sure he would have said if he had seen it was broken - and I had a look at the time, and I'm sure I would have noticed, too. Weird. The cables were extremely loose - the lower one fell off the pulley when I touched it.

Anyway, I'm guessing my only option is going to be to source one through my friendly local dealer (if he can get one). I use the official dealer in Norwich for my bits, though he isn't the closest. I'll give him a bell.

Right bugger, though!

Also, I had problems trying to set the cables. I used the guides on Pat's page, but I found the free play difficult to assess.

If anyone knows any other source of these (apart from the Nutty Professor), I'd be grateful.  :)

EDIT: £36.89 from Sutton! Yikes!
« Last Edit: 25 April 2017, 02:07:12 pm by JD-LincsUK »

Dustydes

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fzr1000 exup street fighter
    • View Profile
Re: EXUP Pulley knackered!
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2017, 02:31:24 pm »
Answered in for sale section. 

JD-LincsUK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2017, 06:47:33 pm »
Thanks.

I just spoke to my friend and he said it definitely wasn't damaged when he looked at it, so it's happened in the last couple of weeks. Age, I guess.

JD-LincsUK

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2017, 10:01:09 am »
If anyone wants one and didn't see the post in the wanted/for sale section - I got one from Tinklers of Norwich (Yam dealer) for £29.66 + 90p delivery.

None in stock = 3 days before posting, so as long as Yam UK have them if not in stock at Tinklers , you'd still get it pretty quickly.

Postage rates from other sources varied from £6.50 to £15, so tied with the fact this was the cheapest part price I could find in the UK, this was the best deal. Some places are slapping hefty profits on top of both part and delivery prices.