Date: 19-04-24  Time: 16:54 pm

Author Topic: benifits not.  (Read 5473 times)

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
benifits not.
« on: 15 December 2015, 08:11:33 pm »
just a moan,     I have been self employed all my life.       don't earn a great deal but get by.        allways paid my taxes and stamp,    I gotta have an operation in jan so thought I would see if they would give me anything  for the 3 months I am off,        the answer was no I have earned enough to last me the year. :lol        I haven't tried to claim anything for twenty years,.    (GREAT BRITAIN)
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: benifits not.
« Reply #1 on: 15 December 2015, 08:26:09 pm »
I would be fecced  if they base your eligibility on past earnings. They seem to forget you have outgoings too. In my case I am paying a large chunk of my son's living expenses at uni as apparently I earn too much to allow him to get the full works grant. They don't appreciate that if I lived up north I would be rolling get in it but living down south the mortgage is considerably higher.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2015, 08:52:33 pm »
It would be more worrying if you werent moaning Taylor........tis a good sign for sure......my boss says that....whenever we go quiet and stop moaning he is thinking what are those foccers up to ;)

Keep up the moans & all the best for the op.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 December 2015, 08:59:22 pm »
Have you got any life insurance  or critical illness cover running along side your mortgage ?

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 December 2015, 09:17:38 pm »
Have you tried telling them you're a Syrian Refugee and you're only here to milk the system for whatever you can get out of it ?
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 December 2015, 09:49:44 pm »
You sure you're not entitled to statuary sick pay - you pay NI after all, self employed or not.

Just had a quick look -

https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/eligibility
« Last Edit: 15 December 2015, 09:51:03 pm by Frosties »
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 December 2015, 07:59:26 am »
In a rich country (UK- G7 member) why are people poor even though they work?  :'(
Why if you don't ever work, the state will pay for your accommodation including nursing home and funeral yet if you do work you must pay this yourself and they'll sell your property to fund this?
It's all foccin wrong! 
« Last Edit: 16 December 2015, 08:00:21 am by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 December 2015, 11:33:28 am »
You're not British if you don't complain bitterly about at least one thing each and every day, no matter how serious or utterly trivial :P

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 December 2015, 12:23:51 pm »
Our trouble is we tend not to moan at the people who matter. We just come on here and let it out :grumble

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 December 2015, 01:11:52 pm »
Talk to Macmillan cancer support , they can give you a grant and help with claiming ESA ,even if your self employed , don't let the bastards grind you down mate .

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 December 2015, 01:26:50 pm »
In a rich country (UK- G7 member) why are people poor even though they work?  :'(
Why if you don't ever work, the state will pay for your accommodation including nursing home and funeral yet if you do work you must pay this yourself and they'll sell your property to fund this?
It's all foccin wrong!

This is apparently affected by the 'post code lottery'. In Oxfordshire, we didn't have to pay for my dad's nursing home care.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 December 2015, 01:35:45 pm »
Our trouble is we tend not to moan at the people who matter. We just come on here and let it out :grumble

But the advantage of coming on here and letting it out is that someone may be able to help  :)

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 December 2015, 02:08:27 pm »
just a moan,     I have been self employed all my life.       don't earn a great deal but get by.        allways paid my taxes and stamp,    I gotta have an operation in jan so thought I would see if they would give me anything  for the 3 months I am off,        the answer was no I have earned enough to last me the year. :lol        I haven't tried to claim anything for twenty years,.    (GREAT BRITAIN)

Working for yourself is just that, it gives you certain freedom's i.e. you can claim your VAT back, claim for heat/light, fuel, tools, clothing, phone/internet, repairs and all manner of other things you even get cheaper deals on cars/bikes etc if they have a work application.  Part of that freedom is you have to protect yourself for a rainy day/sick/holiday pay etc that's why you get them.

Why should you get any benefits?

Someone who's PAYE and working for a company doesn't get the above freedom's! They  may or may not get sick pay depending on their contract and length of service, many are on zero hours or temporary employed and get nothing.

As I said why should being self employed give you anything extra via the social system?

It would seem to me you've just enjoyed the good times now you want the rest of us to pay for your inability to plan and make provision?!

« Last Edit: 16 December 2015, 06:58:13 pm by Gnasher »
Later

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 December 2015, 06:53:29 pm »
cheers all thanks,       there are usefull bits in there of all of you.       I have a meeting set up with dhss, they say now there is something I can have,( we shall see.)       gnasher I don't want anything (more),       I just want something even if it just pays for my champagne,    I shall then get my accountant to claim it back.           signed  r branson. :rollin

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 December 2015, 07:08:30 pm »
I just want something even if it just pays for my champagne,

More like something for nothing

I shall then get my accountant to claim it back. signed  r branson. :rollin

Stop Fecking windgeing then :D

Later

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 16 December 2015, 08:23:19 pm »

you can claim your VAT back, claim for heat/light, fuel, tools, clothing, phone/internet, repairs and all manner     
If you are claiming back VAT - as you put it (even though you don't claim it back ) because that also means that you have to charge VAT on your goods and services and then pay that VAT that you have collected to the inland revenue, which means that you just end up being an unpaid tax collector. Also you can only claim the vat on things needed to run your business.
Same gos for light, heat, fuel - only what what is used for the business, so if you use a room in your house for an office and your house has 10 rooms then you can only claim 1/10th of those running costs, further more if that room is also used for something else than the amount to be claimed also has to be reduced by the non business use amount.
Same for a car if you also use it as the family car then you can only "claim for the business use part.

And this from the gov website "You can’t claim for everyday clothing (even if you wear it for work)."

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 December 2015, 08:46:44 pm »
Correct that's why I said

if they have a work application.

If you've got a good accountant he/she will make a proportion of just about everything you use or buy VAT deductible.   
Later

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 December 2015, 09:20:29 pm »
if I don't get anything why should I pay in,?,     a lot of people my self included are forced into self employment,      no holiday pay,,,       0 contract hours,   not enough to pay a pension,   I don't claim vat back I lay paving for a living fucking hard work,       paye lol I should be so lucky,   if it rains I don't work,  try that in wales lol.    try clameing a tenth of fuck all. :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 December 2015, 09:31:48 pm »
Correct that's why I said

if they have a work application.

If you've got a good accountant he/she will make a proportion of just about everything you use or buy VAT deductible.   

If you've got a good bent accountant he/she will make a proportion of just about everything you use or buy VAT deductible.   

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 December 2015, 09:38:11 pm »
Oh my god another self employed pleading poverty  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Stop stop stop I just can't take any more.................................   

I know loads of self employed people they claim VAT back on as much as they can and I'm sure they've not all got "bent" accountants!!!

This is just getting funnier by the minute

[size=78%] [/size] :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%] [/size]
Later

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 December 2015, 09:39:48 pm »
shall I go file my tax return in the old outside toilet  :lol,    how the other half live. :D

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 December 2015, 09:54:56 pm »
Not all self employed people work with VAT you have a choice to or not- until a certain turnover limit is reached and then you have to. 
I know loads of self employed people they claim VAT back on as much as they can
Yes that's right - as much as they can --ie legitimately allowed to claim.

I think they lay it on thick and take the piss when they talk to you about what they "claim" because they know it gets your back up
« Last Edit: 16 December 2015, 10:15:03 pm by fazersharp »

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 December 2015, 11:05:58 pm »
shall I go file my tax return in the old outside toilet  :lol ,    how the other half live. :D

Lucky for you you have a sense of humour.

Unfortunately I cannot assist as I live in the republic of Ireland and not overly familiar with the UK social services. but believe me if I could I most certainly would. I know some on here will vouch for that.
However I do believe that anyone who pays vat and taxes should be entitled to something if they are sick. There are enough free loaders out there

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 December 2015, 11:45:04 pm »
However I do believe that anyone who pays vat and taxes should be entitled to something if they are sick.
You don't pay VAT. Your customer does. As said earlier, you are just the unpaid tax collector ......

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 December 2015, 08:39:07 am »
My Ltd VAt registered company only pays me £12k, the Mrs £9.5k AND we have to pay N.I so luckily can claim when out of work. It's feckin tough living on £12k I can tell you (tight arse directors)  :lol .

Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.