Date: 28-03-24  Time: 23:31 pm

Author Topic: Anyone had Ivan ECU reflash ?  (Read 973 times)

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Anyone had Ivan ECU reflash ?
« on: 27 February 2020, 06:45:44 pm »
Ive found out today that I’m due a small windfall in a few months  ( thank you Mr Khan ) so I’m going to get  Ivan to re flash my ECU,
However I’ve got a few questions and TBH don’t want to phone the US yet as it says on his web page contact only by phone I’d rather do it when I’m in a position to send it and that will be when I get the bonus which we haven’t got a date on yet.

What I’d like to know is how long does it take door to door ? What is the best way to send it ? Does it go through customs on its return and therefore incur import charges and sit in Coventry for a week?  as I’ve not purchased the physical item that’s being sent but is my property but I’ve paid for a service provided in the US it seems a bit grey
Any help greatly appreciated

NitramA

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone had Ivan ECU reflash ?
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2020, 08:26:55 pm »
I don’t know about the ECU reflash but I bought an Ivan kit for my gen 1 a couple of months ago.
I initially contacted him by Facebook Messenger, which is the route I’d recommend.
He responded really quickly too.

You can bet you’ll have to pay VAT somehow too plus £8 admin fee to the Post Office

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2020, 04:46:50 pm »
Thanks for the info, I don’t do Facetube or all that social media malarkey but my son does so maybe I can hijack his account thingy next time he needs some money and comes over to see his old man  :lol

killerwhaleTRX

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2020, 07:46:15 pm »
Ive found out today that I’m due a small windfall in a few months  ( thank you Mr Khan ) so I’m going to get  Ivan to re flash my ECU,
However I’ve got a few questions and TBH don’t want to phone the US yet as it says on his web page contact only by phone I’d rather do it when I’m in a position to send it and that will be when I get the bonus which we haven’t got a date on yet.

What I’d like to know is how long does it take door to door ? What is the best way to send it ? Does it go through customs on its return and therefore incur import charges and sit in Coventry for a week?  as I’ve not purchased the physical item that’s being sent but is my property but I’ve paid for a service provided in the US it seems a bit grey
Any help greatly appreciated

Just putting it out there, there is a guy in the south of sweden who do all the ECU mods that can be done for as i understand 2000 SEK.... Going down there later this year and fixing a few things myself. Still no customs between UK and EU yet.
This his youtube channel: https://youtu.be/Omtd5OQ5rcE
His name is Marko, cant recommend yet as you understand.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2020, 08:24:32 pm »
I had my MT-01 ecu reflashed by a bloke in Germany. I was crapping myself about sending it/payment etc but it all worked out hunky dory, and the bike was a different animal with the stage two reflash. Its quite invasive on them too, bloke had to drill a small hole in it to do it, but it came back all pukka with the hole resin sealed.