Date: 26-04-24  Time: 03:53 am

Author Topic: Wanted: any motorcycle dead or running - from 1980 or older.  (Read 884 times)

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Evening

I know this seems like a bizarre request, but I live in a block of flats and need something to lock my other bikes too. The reason for needing a bike so old is that 40yr old bike dont require an MOT, the tax amount is £0 and ins premium is negligible.

The bigger and heaver the bike the better, but within reason nothing over 250kg please. The bike dosen't have to be running, just been complete qand pushable (so the DVLA cant argue its been dumped as it can technically be a long term restore etc.)

thanks.

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: any motorcycle dead or running - from 1980 or older.
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2020, 07:35:50 pm »
Can’t you make a ‘temporary’ ground anchor? Builders bucket or barrel full of concrete?

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2020, 08:54:15 pm »
Its a pubic road, 1.a myopic car driver might not see it and reverse into it and 2. The council wouldn't allow it, they would see it is illeagle dumping. A bike is visable and it has the added benefit of stopping neighbours from parking in my spot. Also a barrel would be an eyesore, a dead bike under a cover would not.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2020, 09:06:34 pm by b1k3rdude »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2020, 09:52:01 pm »
Quite a clever idea to be fair but your being rather precise. I can't imagine there are many bikes left on the road from that era and the ones that are will more than likely be restored etc
Would you not have better luck with a scrap car? You can always pick something up for less than £200 on swaps and sales?

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 May 2020, 09:17:28 am »
Would you not have better luck with a scrap car? You can always pick something up for less than £200 on swaps and sales?
I would have absolutely no use for a car, its counter intuitive, it will use too much space and it will def look like its dumped. Also how do I convincingly lock my bikes to it like. Its a non-starter.