Date: 16-04-24  Time: 21:00 pm

Author Topic: PC3 Help  (Read 4944 times)

Ballpien

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
PC3 Help
« on: 14 September 2014, 10:19:18 pm »
Evening all

I recently bought an FZ1 and tonight I found a fella selling a PC3, any idea what sort of money I should be looking to pay for this? He hasn't put a price on it, in fact it's part of a bundle...PC3, Gel seat, air box top (lars mod) and a Bagster tank cover

Could any of you fine people give me some idea what I should be looking to pay for these, please

Regards
“This anti-climax reminded me of the time when my girlfriend said she needed her ring widening and we walked straight past Superdrug to H.M.Samuel”

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: PC3 Help
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2014, 06:42:05 am »
My PC3 cost £130 second hand, they seem to go up to £180,
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Ballpien

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 September 2014, 10:12:29 am »
Hmm, a new PC5 costs £297 and offers more features. This may be a moot point however, as I've since been told that a PC will not eliminate any throttle snatch the bike may have and that this is cured by flashing the ECU

Amiright?
“This anti-climax reminded me of the time when my girlfriend said she needed her ring widening and we walked straight past Superdrug to H.M.Samuel”

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2014, 10:59:11 am »

The Ivans fuel cut eliminator i think is supposed to sort some of the snatchyness but my bike has one and it's still a bit snatchy as previously described, supposedly the bikes got better and better as they were produced along the years too.

Personally i wouldn't pay any more than £200 for that bundle because you no doubt don't need the tank cover and the airbox isnt really worth much imo.....so it's the pc3 and the seat.

My seat is purported to be a gel seat but it is still pretty uncomfy after a while.

Slim has gone all DIY on his seat to create some sort of monstrocity :b [size=78%]........but it does look nice and soft.[/size]
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 September 2014, 01:08:19 pm »
haha,,monstrosity,,,just tempory as a test , but it is so much better, been to Czeq republic and all over and still have not got round to doing any more,,,it works :lol :lol

Ballpien

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2014, 07:08:30 pm »
Well he's asking £350, which I baulked at. I'd, as advised, expected to pay around £150 for the PC3, the seat I'd have guessed at £75 (Corbin seat on ebay for £125) the tank cover has one of the front clips missing so I wasn't going to offer any more than £25 for that seeing as though it offers nothing but protecting the tank/looking pretty and I'd wanted the potential to use a tank bag. The air box is worth no more than £10 imo as all it does is save me the job of modding mine

All in I'd have gone £225

Still, the issue of throttle snatch remains. Rode the bike home today....F*****cccckkkk!!!!!

Anyway, it's a bit snatchy at lower speed and feels a little lumpy at around 3k, is this usual?

Is flashing the ECU the only way to truely eliminate the throttle issue?

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2014, 09:50:55 pm »
Well he's asking £350, which I baulked at. I'd, as advised, expected to pay around £150 for the PC3, the seat I'd have guessed at £75 (Corbin seat on ebay for £125) the tank cover has one of the front clips missing so I wasn't going to offer any more than £25 for that seeing as though it offers nothing but protecting the tank/looking pretty and I'd wanted the potential to use a tank bag. The air box is worth no more than £10 imo as all it does is save me the job of modding mine

All in I'd have gone £225

Still, the issue of throttle snatch remains. Rode the bike home today....F*****cccckkkk!!!!!

Anyway, it's a bit snatchy at lower speed and feels a little lumpy at around 3k, is this usual?

Is flashing the ECU the only way to truely eliminate the throttle issue?

As to what does the reflash to the ecu do,,well pm Luke,ie= Devilsyam, he has had alot of contact with them doing it,and he may well of had his done by now..[/size]As to what does the reflash to the ecu do,,well pm Luke,ie= Devilsyam, he has had alot of contact with them doing it,and he may well of had his done by now..[/size][/font]
« Last Edit: 15 September 2014, 09:53:49 pm by slimwilly »

Ballpien

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 September 2014, 04:09:28 pm »
PC3 and a modded lower air box for £150. Collecting tomorrow morning, I'll probably do the swap over the weekend.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 September 2014, 06:24:11 pm »
While you are in the airbox you could block the ais inlet hole and nother option is dissconnect the o2 censor. I have and no problems. Read  up for more info

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 September 2014, 06:59:21 pm »
While you are in the airbox you could block the ais inlet hole and nother option is dissconnect the o2 censor. I have and no problems. Read  up for more info

Hey slim is the o2 sensor the single connector into the top of the air box?.....might need to try that one.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 September 2014, 07:11:38 pm »
I cant remember noggy.it is in the exaust before the cat.follow the wire up and unplug it.i guess its for the pc3  bikes as they will have their fuelling already sorted and dont want the ecu doing different.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 September 2014, 07:39:56 pm »
Noggy

I uploaded the 2008 FZ1 service manual to the site this morning. It will give the location of all the bits

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?action=downloads;cat=4

Ballpien

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16 September 2014, 10:33:15 pm »

Not too sure on the O2 thingy but the AIS has already been blocked at air box

I'll d/l the manual that unfazed u/l and take a look when I come to fit these

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 16 September 2014, 10:34:13 pm »
Noggy

I uploaded the 2008 FZ1 service manual to the site this morning. It will give the location of all the bits

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?action=downloads;cat=4

cheers! :thumbup

Ballpien

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 September 2014, 11:26:39 am »
http://foc-u.co.uk/MGalleryItem.php?id=2294
DSC 0258[1]
DSC 0258[1]

Morning all.

Picked up the PC3 last night. Should it have come with 2 CD's? They're not identical but they do both have "Fuel Injection Kit" printed on them

TBH they almost look like slightly different revisions of exactly the same thing - a different design on the sleeve

Also, the fella who sold it to me couldn't have had ABS on his bike because he located his under the rear seat where the ABS ECU is located. Has anyone else here with ABS fitted a PC, and if so could some of you throw some ideas at me as the where to locate the bloody thing

Also, could someone please tell me (see pic above) what that is under the oil viewing window. I hadn't even thought about it until the geezer from last night pointed it out. He seemed to think it had something to do with the exhaust emissions....O2 sensor? Could/should it be removed? I've checked the manual that Unfazed uploaded but I can't see it for the life of me :o

And finally, for now, what should the bike be idling at? Mine seems to sit bang on 1k. Should it not be around 1.3k ish? If it should be a little higher than 1k could someone point out the idle screw please

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 20 September 2014, 12:48:07 pm »
Me again mate, nowt is simple is it.

Hmmmm...,cant comment on the ABS im afraid as mine doesnt have it.........i also do t have that device below the oil window....it's just engine on mine.......what exhaust are you running is it the standard one....i cant remember?.

I did recently up my idle speed to about 1300rpm as i read on an american site that it was recommended and mine was running at about 800 and sounded like it was struggling.....it is real easy to do...all you need is a screwdriver...start up the engine....support the adjustor with one hand and adjust it with the other.

Here's a pic of where the adjustor is.

Ballpien

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 September 2014, 01:28:57 pm »
Hi noggy

I have the Leo Vince GP Pro, apparently it's been decatted...can't confirm though as I haven't checked

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20 September 2014, 04:15:00 pm »
My Fz1 has abs, I fitted my juicebox pro ( similiar to a pc3) under the rear seat where the original tool kit was stored.
The O2 sensor wire comes up from the exhaust collector box and ends in a little connector plug under the tank on the left hand side of the bike,Iit is awkward to find but it is near the other connectors that you connect the pc3 to.If you go to the dynojet website you can download fitting instructions and on youtube there are a few videos.
Like noggy my tickover was also about 800, I adjusted mine till it smoothed out and it now is about 1050 revs, the manual says 1100 to 1300. I think that the tickover drops when an aftermarket can is fitted because you lose the cat in the original exhaust and the ecu senses the different back pressure or something but I could be talking bollocks.

Ballpien

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 September 2014, 06:13:03 pm »
Yeah I've seen CopperDawg on Youtube. I'll have a look at putting under the front seat then.

Any idea what that is in the pic just inside the belly pan?

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 September 2014, 06:47:21 pm »
Get a couple of better pics of it up. i cant make it out. or someone with the same may recognise it

Ballpien

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 September 2014, 09:42:49 pm »

I will mate, it's all locked and covered for the night now so I'll get a couple of better pics up in the morning if you wouldn't mind checking back for a gander, like

For now, just in case anybody wasn't sure what I was referring to then I've marked it out in this pic

DSC 0258[1]
DSC 0258[1]

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 September 2014, 01:03:21 pm »
These pictures might help you find where the O2 sensor wire is located under the tank. The first picture shows where it comes out of the main loom under the tank and shows the O2 optimiser that is supplied with a juicebox plugged into it. The other end of the connector which comes from the exhaust is just left disconnected.
The second picture shows where the O2 sensor wire comes from the exhaust up the side of the engine on the left hand side, just where the tickover adjuster is shown in noggy`s picture. I have pulled it out a bit in the picture to make it a bit more clear, it doesn`t normally hang loose like that!
The third picture shows where I put my juicebox under the rear seat, which is where I thought a PC3 would go as well.
As for the item shown in your photo just below the oil window I do not have anything like that on mine, but mine is the faired version not naked.I always thought that both versions were identical except for the obvious fairing but again I could be talking bollocks :) [size=78%]  [/size]

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 September 2014, 03:51:05 pm »
Just had another look at the item under the oil window in your picture ( I am bored, stuck at home all day because I injured my ankle and cannot ride my bike :\.
It looks liķe an aftermarket item, your engine is black and it is silver and it is positioned in a odd place.If there are any wires or cables from it where do they go?
I have looked at pictures of other naked fz1 and cannot see one fitted to them.Could you contact the person you bought the bike off and ask them what it is?

Ballpien

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 September 2014, 10:02:29 pm »

Hi mate

Sorry about your ankle...gws and all that

Where your JB is is where my ABS unit is, because you have the faired version, I think, IIRC, that your ABS unit is located on the inside of the front fairing...sort of where I imagine (haven't looked) the indicator would be fixed.

I've put the PC under the rear seat. It's not been fixed as yet as I have the ABS and a Scott Oiler under too...not a great deal of room, but it'll do until next weekend. Not done the O2 sensor yet but I've just ordered the piece from eBay.

I have no idea what that part is. I followed the wires up and they follow the exact path of the petrol tank overflow pipe but I couldn't see where they ended up. I'm going to text the seller now. I'd have done this before but didn't realise that it might be an aftermarket part.

Thanks for all the replies thus far...much appreciated  :thumbup

Ballpien

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 September 2014, 12:37:46 pm »
He says it's the reg/rec, and that they're there from the factory