Date: 19-04-24  Time: 09:36 am

Author Topic: Do you think i could get 5k for my bike and Accessories ?  (Read 1245 times)

chaparral02

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - DiamondBack Mountain bike
    • View Profile
Do you think i could get 5k for my bike and Accessories ?
« on: 01 July 2012, 11:42:36 pm »
Guys do you think i could get 5k if i sold my fazer and all the extra's ??
I would be putting the fazer back to standard and selling it and i would sell all the accessories on there own..
As i already learned that most people would not pay any extra for a motorbike with accessories fitted to it..

My Bike  details are
2008 gen2 FZ1-S with ABS (Done just under 5000miles)

Accessories details are
Full Yoshimura R-77 exhaust System
Sargent front & rear seats
 Power command PCV 5
 Auto tune
 Ivan flys
 Ivan FCE
LED rear light
 MRV adjustable screen
Givi rack + Givi V46 monokey box

« Last Edit: 01 July 2012, 11:52:39 pm by chaparral02 »
08 Graphite Grey FZ1 ABS..
Yoshi CF R-77 Full system, FCE, Ivans Flies, PC-V + Autotune Kit, DNA Aifilter & Airbox Mod, Speedo healer ,16T front gen1 sprocket,
Sargent front & rear seats, Fender eliminator, CA Intergated Rear Led, MRA Vario Screen , Givi mono rack & V46 topbox

stonedpillock

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Do you think i could get 5k for my bike and Accessories ?
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2012, 06:14:23 pm »
Just had a quick look on fleabay. And have to say you probably would by selling off all the extras but not sure you'd get 5k for the bike on its own.They seem to be up for around 4,700 4,800. Haven't looked at other sites like biketrader or pistonheads but would think they would be about the same.
I've used pistonheads before its a free ad site and I sold my KTM950 through them. But be warned the ads last a long time I put the bike on ebay thinking that the pistonheads ad was well gone. It was up for 4k on ebay the buyer viewed the bike and offered 3300 I declined saying I knew it was worth the 4k on the ad. He questioned this saying it was up for £3800 on pistonheads. He was right I had initially advertised it there for £3800 thought the ad had finished and put it on ebay for 4k. In the end we agreed on £3800 which was ok by me as I'd paid £3450 for it 2 years ago!! First time Id made money selling a bike!
Anyway I'd suggest putting it up for 5k or best offer and see what happens you can always say no to stupid offers. |The exhaust must be worth £500 And rack 100ish. I'm sure one of the foccers on site would be interested.
By the way why sell? Sounds like its hardly been run in!! :) :)
The more people I meet the more I love my dogs

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2012, 08:06:07 am »
there are quite a lot of FZ-1s about on the second hand market , but yours does have low mileage, so might be worth a try at £4500 to 5000...but also have seen several not sell at this price.Ultimately its not a mass appeal bike, but price always is the determiner ! As new a FZ-1 is very expensive, so a cheap low miler is always an attractive proposition....

flesh

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 July 2012, 09:11:59 pm »
Just sold my '06 FZ1S for £4100 with 14k on the clock but few extra's on it.
To the right buyer you "may" get your 5k but realistically I think it is more £4500 as a private sale. Dealer prices are varying at the moment and I have seen low mileage '09's for as little as £4900 but rising to £6500. Makes selling privately tricky.
Personally I would sell the Yoshi, Seats and Givi seperately but leave the rest on the bike. I would also not "oversell" the FCE/Ivans as, although great mods, it can put some new owners off a bit (IMO anyway  ;) )