Date: 19-04-24  Time: 15:41 pm

Author Topic: Reporting a dangerous driver with video evidence - how ?  (Read 10668 times)

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Reporting a dangerous driver with video evidence - how ?
« Reply #25 on: 12 June 2013, 05:57:19 pm »
I had a bit of a rant at a couple of men in a car that cut me up once they just held up some sort of police id and drove off..:-\

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 June 2013, 05:59:03 pm »
I just find it very sad that someone would drive round in their car with a cam on the dash, then take it to the police when they see something they dont like. I just hope this bloke never drives to any bike meets around the country cos he is gonna have a field day!!!

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 June 2013, 06:00:23 pm »

I ride with a gopro and see arseholes many many times every day, do I send that to the police? No.
Do I stick it on youtube? Occasionally.
I really can't be arsed to go through the rigmoral of giving details to the police, as I'm going through an accident claim atm I've pulled the majority of my videos down under advice of solicitors, as soon as its finalised they will go back up.

If you believe the driving was dangerous and you feel that a visit to the cop shop is needed then go for it, if thats what you need for peace of mind then that's your choice,  if you're unsure stick it up on youtube give us the link and we'll all comment on whether the muppet deserves a knock on the door by plod or not!
Some say...

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 June 2013, 06:01:00 pm »
I stopped a car once while on my bike , car had darkened windows it pulled out in front of me and drove off with no lights on . pulled up next to it at traffic lights knocked on the window two blokes sat in the front back seats were full of coppers ! i could hardly speak i was lauging so hard ! they must of thought i was mad !

smithfz

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 June 2013, 06:03:52 pm »
Nothing winds me up more than a dash cam!!

snapper

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 12 June 2013, 06:04:20 pm »
"I just find it very sad that someone would drive round in their car with a cam on the dash, then take it to the police when they see something they dont like. I just hope this bloke never drives to any bike meets around the country cos he is gonna have a field day"

have a look on you tube if you havent just search car crash compliation ! youll be there for hours , some of it is so scary , i guess its the latest thing to have a camera on your dash in russia

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12 June 2013, 07:23:11 pm »
they do it in russia due to the amount of insurance fraud that was going on (and probably the poor standard pof driving as well!)

smithfz

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12 June 2013, 08:11:41 pm »
Nothing winds me up more than a bloody dash cam!!!

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12 June 2013, 08:22:38 pm »
So you have CCTV coverage from your point of view and the angle of the camera you may argue that it was dangerous riding/driving. But would you be as fast to to give your services if some one was involved in an accident or drive on by?

Use the CCTV for your own safety, security and evidence if you are brought into question but remember its not you or I who are judge and jury. Use it for entertainment by all means but giving someones personal details out in the public forum is not good or wise if you have got it seriously wrong because of your own bias on judgement.

It only takes those who hate vehicles/bikers that will report you for doing something totally legal but they thought they were right. I had to explain my actions to my manager as to driving standard as they put it but it was found out that they took offence to the kids in the bus giving the Focc off sign and I as the driver 33 foot away driving who took the bollocking.

Go ahead and report them from your point of view but do not tell me that you or anyone hear has not made a mistake through momentarily laps of concentration. For i is guilty

Daz
« Last Edit: 12 June 2013, 08:25:26 pm by dBfazer600 »
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

smithfz

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12 June 2013, 08:28:43 pm »
Dam people with cams can and should get done with breach of privacy.

caretaker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - TL125 frame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 12 June 2013, 10:55:57 pm »
especially cyclists! (that should effectively hijack this thread)

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 12 June 2013, 11:30:35 pm »
I have a helmet cam for my commute thru London. Have reported a couple of people when I was involved or when it was seriously dangerous. Mainly for insurance or if there was a hit and run etc. Don't bother otherwise,not worth hassle and it's silly to get hung up on little bits of bad driving. If you witness truly dangerous driving I see no problem at all in reporting. If one drives around actively seeking to film and report that is sad but I don't think it's the case here!

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #37 on: 13 June 2013, 03:30:03 pm »
Zero tolerance is the way to go

"Zero Tolerance" = Zero Common Sense.

I got pulled on the M27 for making a bit too much progress and the copper said "I'm not going to give you a ticket because you weren't riding like an idiot".

That did more good than a simple "£60 fine, three points" zero sense attitude would have done.

Bazza1366

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - push bike !
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13 June 2013, 10:16:00 pm »
hiya mate, on some of your vids, you've got a picture in picture frame, what software are you using for that? 
Livin' the dream

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13 June 2013, 10:55:46 pm »
Zero tolerance is the way to go

"Zero Tolerance" = Zero Common Sense.

I got pulled on the M27 for making a bit too much progress and the copper said "I'm not going to give you a ticket because you weren't riding like an idiot".

That did more good than a simple "£60 fine, three points" zero sense attitude would have done.

But you did get pulled over for a chat, which is fair enough.

I didn't say zero tolerance, assume everyone is guilty then throw the effin key away for FOCS sake.

God knows I've done some twatty things whilst on my bike, and if someone had video'd them and had to take points/ban whatever I would have been pissed off, but at myself, not the coppers and not the video'r.

I don't believe zero tolerance = zero common sense - I believe it makes a level playing field. And by zero tolerance I mean something should be done about *all* cock-headed driving/riding, including my own. The actions taken as a result of the offence shouldn't be zero tolerance, that should be where the common sense crops up.

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13 June 2013, 11:48:32 pm »
If somebody cuts me up, or I see driving like a total disregardful person,  then I'll follow him, and then challenge him.    Not the best idea.  I once sprinted after a @black muslim@ guy driving about 60 in a 30 and leaned in through his window and scared the sweet fuck out of him.  It all depends on how much the idiotic behaviour of other drivers affects you.    One cunt in a new mini cut me up, and gave me the finger.  80 metres later, he was stuck at a red light,  and I had hoofed it up out of my car,   screaming wife inside,  with a mini crowbar, having told my wife I'm going to smash his fucking face to a pulp.     I just reached level with him, when the lights turned and he raced away.    You should have seen the look on his coupon. He was white as a sheet.     I can guarantee the sight of a 6'4 20 stone skinhead running and screaming at you will make even the most ignorant of cunts, think  twice.   I didn't even notice the queue of cars stuck behind mine.   But they were all very quiet.

Some cunts just need a battering.

ps- I mentioned the color, as I'd just watched Chris Brown video the nite before,  and reckoned the black guy must have nicked the car. 

pps - this behaviour was all pre diagnosis.   It's got a label now,  so I can get away with it.     :rollin
Head Focced

snapper

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 14 June 2013, 12:31:06 am »
  I can guarantee the sight of a 6'4 20 stone skinhead running and screaming at you will make even the most ignorant of cunts, think  twice.

well I like your style just, less of the swear words please ! 
see you Next Tuesday I find very offensive !

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 14 June 2013, 12:56:44 am »
  I can guarantee the sight of a 6'4 20 stone skinhead running and screaming at you will make even the most ignorant of cunts, think  twice.

well I like your style just, less of the swear words please ! 
see you Next Tuesday I find very offensive !

God Damn Motherfuckers.  I typed out a polite apologetic reply, and got a 404.   Where's my shotgun. Oh, just remembered, my family took it away.   The second to last computer is in danger of having it's bolloxed punched out.     I do apologise for all the swearing, but my 28 year  old, stunning brunette,  therapist tells me it dissipates anger much more effectively than whacking things.   In fact, I find myself using the most vulgar, profane,  language imaginable in our sessions.    I dont' know if it's helping me or not,  but it certainly beats jerking off to the recorded messages on the 0900 numbers, or so I've been told. 
Head Focced

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #43 on: 14 June 2013, 12:33:49 pm »

Yes, however under every other Zero Tolerance approach I've ever heard of, that would not have just been a quiet chat, but a fine and points.

You appear to be trying to use a different definition of Zero Tolerance to everyone else.

Enceladus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 14 June 2013, 02:14:06 pm »
hiya mate, on some of your vids, you've got a picture in picture frame, what software are you using for that?

using power director 11
nice bit of kit with more power than i'll ever need.
this is the vid of the numpty
tell me what you think.
i'm not saying that i'd report everyone i see that breaks the traffic laws as, to be fair, we all do.
but when someone is driving dangerously and causing other traffic to take avoiding action, that deserves reporting in my book.

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 14 June 2013, 04:32:20 pm »

Yes, however under every other Zero Tolerance approach I've ever heard of, that would not have just been a quiet chat, but a fine and points.

You appear to be trying to use a different definition of Zero Tolerance to everyone else.

Fair enough, my bad - didn't realise it meant the punishment as well as the 'capture' so to speak.

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 14 June 2013, 05:33:14 pm »
Enceladus

This use to happen to me all the time when I was driving PSV and yes it is dangerous and not good for all present. the oncoming car did the correct thing but the thing is can you identify the driver?

Total tool behind the wheel there.

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

Chillum

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently bikeless
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 14 June 2013, 11:42:44 pm »
I'm not very comfortable with giving people's reg out with a video like this, mainly because the next person to own it could come in for some stick.

andybesy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 15 June 2013, 12:27:20 am »
It's a good point Chillum.

I never thought to Google my own reg - just done that and I'm clean so far!

« Last Edit: 15 June 2013, 03:37:28 am by andybesy »

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 15 June 2013, 02:00:18 pm »
Changing the point of this topic a bit but the red Tarmac has no relevance, I asked on the last bike safe I did and they said its only put there for psychological reasons, the same as when there's a sizeable stripe lined divide between lanes (normally for traffic turning right to keep traffic flowing) they started using red Tarmac on these too and it means nothing!
Some say...