Date: 20-04-24  Time: 02:48 am

Author Topic: IOM TT 2013  (Read 3117 times)

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
IOM TT 2013
« on: 07 June 2013, 08:55:27 am »
Have, probably like many other "foccers", been following IOM TT race highlights on ITV 4 9pm weeknights. Stayed up to watch documentary about Joey Dunlop last night-amazing how things have changed since he started riding-a true all-rounder-astonishing rider-skilled engineer/mechanic & unlike so many of todays "celebrities" incredibly modest & free of ego.
Will be following progress of Senior race today 1pm on Manx Radio TT on radioplayer-should be close fought battle-would like to see John McGuiness on the top podium. 55 years ago was listening to BBC home service following Geoff Duke Bob McIntyre & co on the Nortons, Gileras etc-that was me hooked for life! :lol

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
Re: IOM TT 2013
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2013, 10:23:26 am »
Yes I'll be trying to follow the race

of all the riders I can help but like Guy martin !
one comment of his after his bike was misfiring he knew he was falling down the leader board but still said well it was a nice day for a ride so I carried on regardless !   pure class !
he should have one last year if it wasn't for a red flag wave wrongly

its deff the best coverage so far !

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2013, 02:25:57 pm »
I too watched the documentary on Joey Dunlop, brilliant programme with some brilliant old footage.....even tried to do his own magic and service the factory Honda

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2013, 04:23:15 pm »
I too watched the documentary on Joey Dunlop, brilliant programme with some brilliant old footage.....even tried to do his own magic and service the factory Honda

this one ?

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/joey-the-man-who-conquered-the-tt

just finished watching it.......
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2013, 04:29:21 pm »
Only just about to restart Senior after incident on 1st lap lead to race being red-flagged.

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2013, 05:01:47 pm »
Dave,

A bit off topic here - did you perchance happen to play Counter strike online?
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2013, 06:35:02 pm »
Lazarus
no Don't know what it is! BTW congrats to John McGuiness 20th win  :lol
Dave

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 June 2013, 09:23:04 pm »
Sorry, just watched the Joey vid on ITV player,,,

The quotes from the man were legendary.

One on them was when HRC brought a special 250 over to be tested by the man, they had all their top brass and technical team over from Japan for him to provide a technical review of the bike for development.

He rode a couple of laps and came into the pits with everyone waiting for his comments.

He said (quote) " It's a quare wee bike but the gears are for fuck all",,,,,, and walked away, leaving the Japanese looking puzzled at their translators and engineers.

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 June 2013, 11:35:24 pm »
Recorded iom tt as I've been working nights hopefully I'll catch up over the weekend.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 June 2013, 05:40:59 am »
Andy-you will enjoy catching up with TT. Best racing conditions/weather for a long time. Good to see Ian Lougher safely finish his TT career(30 years!) -also to watch rising stars of the future like James Hillier & Dean Harrison. Would like to have been there but it wouldnt have taken many more spectators for the island to sink! :lol

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 June 2013, 03:54:43 pm »
Lazarus
no Don't know what it is! BTW congrats to John McGuiness 20th win  :lol
Dave

no worries m8 - its an online "shoot em up game". guy in the clan was called "Dave@##" where ## were the number of years under his belt. just wonder if the world was as small as I thought.

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 June 2013, 01:24:30 am »
I remember seeing Joey and Ray McCullough going head to head in the 70s,  round the Old NW200 circuit,  before they introduced that chicane on Juniper Hill.   Talk about balls out racing, or plastic tyres...   My uncle used to spray Phil McCallen's bikes before he got the factory stuff (and his private small bikes thereafter).    I remember watching Joey at the NW working on an RG500 (I think), in the P J O'Kane green and white colors,  lying on it's side beside his van,  20mins before he raced it.  Might have been Cookstown,  long time ago.

I remember my uncle telling me Joey said to McCallen "That owl rc30s nat quack enuff roun here"     :eek
Head Focced

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes

RSS to JavaScript