Date: 18-04-24  Time: 15:47 pm

Author Topic: Does Anyone Recognise This Fazer?  (Read 2795 times)

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Does Anyone Recognise This Fazer?
« on: 05 June 2016, 10:42:54 am »
For sale on ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZS1000-Fazer-/122005893745?

Zero feedback seller says they bought the bike about 15 months ago as is, they don't know anything about the mods to the bike other than they think the suspension was lowered with a hyper pro kit (looks raised to me).

A friend of a friend is interested but some alarm bells are sounding, be good if anyone here knows the bike or its history.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2016, 09:19:55 am by PieEater »

cbeeuu

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Does Anyone Recognise This Fazer?
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2016, 07:48:38 am »
I have checked all previous mots on this bike as well as the history it has not been written off or colour changed etc or stolen on .gov website so i indeed bought the bike and am going to pick it up today i will keep folk posted on here as to how everything goes.Cheers
I aint a gynaecologist but i will have a look

PieEater

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2016, 08:01:15 am »
I have checked all previous mots on this bike as well as the history it has not been written off or colour changed etc or stolen on .gov website so i indeed bought the bike and am going to pick it up today i will keep folk posted on here as to how everything goes.Cheers
Good luck with it, my mates mate decided not to go with it as from brief correspondence with the current owner it was evident he doesn't have a lot of knowledge of bikes in general or this one in particular and it was too far away to take the risk especially with a zero feedback eBay seller. Do let us know how you get on as assuming it's a legitimate sale on the surface it looks like a good prospect, but the condition of the EXUP is unknown and when asked whether the compression damping adjusters on the front forks could be turned so you could hear he clicks the answer came back that you cant hear any clicks when riding the bike.
« Last Edit: 07 June 2016, 08:03:48 am by PieEater »

cbeeuu

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2016, 08:20:11 am »
Cheers for your input.i noticed zero feedback i never asked about bottom shock adjusters and only left a 200 pound deposit to secure bike till i travelled from scottish borders today.If exup isnt right it will be evident when servo doesnt prime valve when ignition turned on according to reading on speedo and last mot in april it has covered some hundred odd miles since mot.may be a novice who pays a mechanic to work on bike as well as being new to ebay and be totally above board.Also states he accepts returns within 14 days so i will keep you posted.cheers

PieEater

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2016, 08:54:04 am »
Absolutely could be 100% legit and you've got yourself a bargain. Do bare in mind though that a working servo doesn't equate to a working EXUP, Recently someone bought a Fazer where the valve had been removed and blanked off, with the cables tied up and hanging loose, the servo was still active and there was no 7000 speedo error code. A quick test ride should put your mind to rest though, the bike should pull smoothly from low revs with no noticeable jump in power, if it's lacking low end and takes off about 5.5k then the valve is either stuck open or has been removed. The other issue with the EXUP is that the housing bolts are prone to seize which is not always a straightforward fix, with the fairing fitted it will be difficult to make sure these are OK.

cbeeuu

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2016, 10:36:10 am »
Yeah man i hear what you are saying i know all about exup and f7000 error also the lack of low to midrange power if it has been removed or jammed open and the bolts on the cover and behind on cable pulley like you say a quick test ride will be indicative of any issues there and a visual on the pulley cover bolts on end of valve will give a rough guide.As i said i will update later and let you guys know thanks for update and advice

cbeeuu

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 June 2016, 08:18:09 am »
Wee update.I went down to lincolnshire bought this bike yesterday .I rode it all the way back with no issues at all the guy was pleasant and genuine enough and i have bills of sale for work recently done by a garage so as i thought he didnt service bike himself.pulls smoothly thru the rexs and box and is nice to ride.Only thing ive noticed is at very slow speds theres a very slight ticking from around EXUP which is probably a wee bit wear or maladjustment of cables.Either way it doesnt affect exup opening and closing you can just hear it from time to time as you are coming to a stop in traffic.Im gonnae get my yam works mechanic to have a closer inspection in the next few days as he will tell me exactly what it is but for 1900 quid i think ive won a watch here as everything else is bang on.cheers guys for advice

PieEater

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2016, 08:39:20 am »
Brilliant news, enjoy the bike and don't forget to hang out on the forums. The noise from the EXUP could be worn bushes but as you suggest taking up some cable slack can help with this. Pat's guide to servicing the EXUP walks you through the process http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/exupmaintenance.html

Dinger1962

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • - 1987 tomos 50cc
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 June 2016, 01:32:39 pm »
Hi mate do you have any idea where the side/ lower fairings come from and cost cheers stu--
MY GRANDAD TOLD ME -WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER--EXCEPT FOR A BEAR THAT WILL DEFINATELY KILL YOU---

Andy W

• Weekend Warrior
  • www.thesundogs.uk Rockin' rollin' rhythm & roots
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • The Sundogs - rockin' rollin' rhythm & roots!
« Reply #9 on: 10 June 2016, 01:29:43 pm »
Wee update.I went down to lincolnshire bought this bike yesterday .I rode it all the way back with no issues at all the guy was pleasant and genuine enough and i have bills of sale for work recently done by a garage so as i thought he didnt service bike himself.pulls smoothly thru the rexs and box and is nice to ride.Only thing ive noticed is at very slow speds theres a very slight ticking from around EXUP which is probably a wee bit wear or maladjustment of cables.Either way it doesnt affect exup opening and closing you can just hear it from time to time as you are coming to a stop in traffic.Im gonnae get my yam works mechanic to have a closer inspection in the next few days as he will tell me exactly what it is but for 1900 quid i think ive won a watch here as everything else is bang on.cheers guys for advice

Dead chuffed for you, sounds like you got a bargain!
I can't wait to pick up my Fazer 1000 next week (also from Lincolnshire..!  :eek ).
A pal has also just bought one which he gets next week - so that makes 3 of us that'll be grinning like pigs in s**t.... :)
There seems to be a lot of good Fazers out there for around £2K.

cbeeuu

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 June 2016, 11:43:51 pm »
Cheers guys wee niggles will get sorted as i expand my aquaintance with the bike as for fairing lowers.I saw a set on ebay in america for 150 odd quid they needed some small repairs though.They seem to be hard to come by.Good luck in your search

cbeeuu

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 June 2016, 06:18:24 pm »