Date: 18-04-24  Time: 03:41 am

Author Topic: New FZS600 owner from Hungary  (Read 453 times)

Zozi

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
New FZS600 owner from Hungary
« on: 14 May 2020, 01:20:55 pm »
Hello everyone,

First of all: it is very nice to see such an active forum community in the time of facebook pages :) [/size]Last September I bought a Yamaha FZS600 Fazer, and it was a barely used one with all it’s pros and cons. The carbs were highly conteminated because of that and the needle valve stucked and my garage got a very nice petrol smell for a few months. :)  So I oredered a carb repair kit, and also a Dynojet stage1, (mainjet and needle) kit for it. 3 weeks ago I finally have enough time for the carb cleaning and applying the new stuff in it. I can say that repair solved most of our problems: easy&smooth cold-warm start, nice idle, nice reaction at any RPM. So everything is fine except 1 little thing: fuel consumption. It’s increased to 9,2-9,3 liter/100 km (30 mpg) from the normal 5-6 liter/100 km (50 mpg).
My config:Dynojet stage 1 kit (3rd size mainjet 1:smallest 4:biggest, neddle clip in first position, based on the dynojet instructions), original airbox&filter, Mivv slipon muffler, new sparkplugs, pilotair screw out: 2,5 rounds
/I just have ordered a K&N airfilter, hopefullly I can apply it tomorrow/

Has anyone had any experience with Dynojet stage1 jetkits? If yes, then I'll really appreciate to see your config! Do you guys think this consumption increase is normal?Thank for the answers in advance!Zoltan[/size]