Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

hid bulbs

(1/3) > >>

solorider:
anyone fitted a HID kit the their fazer? is it worth it or is the fazer headlight good enough as it is? i have not got my bike on the road yet as im trying to fix some issues on the bike

ghostbiker:
A lot of the mk1 600 guys i know fit HID's but off hand i dont know any 1000's that have. oddly as i was going along the other night i was thinking how good the 1000 lights were. i might try the philips bulbs or something along those lines but otherwise im happy with them.

Aegis Bearing Mel:
I've fitted one to my gen 2, as it's a nekkid one and only has the one bulb I reckon it's worth it.
I know theboydougie had one fitted to his gen 1, but that might also be due to us nestling up here in Scotlandshire.
Just entered the perma-dusk season for commuting, so every little helps...

phil on a fazer:

--- Quote from: ghostbiker on 03 October 2011, 10:37:04 pm ---A lot of the mk1 600 guys i know fit HID's but off hand i dont know any 1000's that have. oddly as i was going along the other night i was thinking how good the 1000 lights were. i might try the philips bulbs or something along those lines but otherwise im happy with them.

--- End quote ---

funny, i think the oopsite. The Fazer thou lights aren't the worst but i don't think there great...i use Philips bulbs and yes, i do clean my lights  :) . Got some Osram Night Breakers to fit, just haven't go round to it.

As i said there not the worst lights, my mates Divvy 900 has the worst head lights  :lol

pinkbikerfzs1:
Beware aftermarket HID kits, there was a discussion some while ago, when the EU rulemakers hinted that they would outlaw these kits as they sem to throw out dazzling light that is not controlled in the way that bulbs are, particularly on dip beam, and as such are an automatic MOT failure, I find that my standard Fazer lights are good enough for reasonable progress in the dark, always bear in mind that you could dazzle the vehicle approaching you, with possible dire consequences..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version