Date: 28-03-24  Time: 19:19 pm

Author Topic: Leon ( luckiest,jammiest,most overrated ) Haslam  (Read 1868 times)

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Leon ( luckiest,jammiest,most overrated ) Haslam
« on: 05 November 2019, 04:46:22 pm »
O.K. I've never been Leon Haslams' biggest fan,really liked his old man who I've met a few times from when I was racing and since.I've always thought most of the rides he's had with top draw machinery was due to the fact that Ron would have had a fair bit of influence with teams and factories and to be fair most dads' would do the same,but enough is enough for years now he's had some of the very best rides going and apart from taking the BSB title in what I think was the weakest season,no Shakey,Jake Dixon etc he's done nothing ,then gets a works Kawasaki to ride alongside the greatest WSB rider of them all stating that"johny rea has never beaten me" and we get the usual bunch of excuses while Johnie took the title again ON THE SAME BIKE.Now with all the great young talent about he gets a works Honda for next season!! unbelievable.When he finishes this excuse ridden season maybe Ducati will give him a chance or Honda will draft him in alongside Marquez  the blokes' got more jam than Hartleys. :wall
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

celticbiker

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: Leon ( luckiest,jammiest,most overrated ) Haslam
« Reply #1 on: 05 November 2019, 08:02:00 pm »
Got to agree with you there. I think next year will be his last chance. Ron's kudos can only go so far and I think if he's been sacked by Kawasaki then it's run out for good.
I do think however that Ron being in his pit all the time has not worked in his favor. He should have walked away and tried to be himself instead of being his fathers son.
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help
(")-(") him gain world domination!

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 November 2019, 05:44:49 pm »
Funny you saying that I'm just reading Michael Rutters book and in it he talks about the time he had a big row with his dad ( the great Tony Rutter) and he told him from now on I'll go my own way and what a job he made of it,still competitive after 30 odd years.If you get the chance to read this it's an absolutely brilliant book,it's called "The Life of a Racer" :thumbup

celticbiker

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 November 2019, 07:17:55 pm »
Thanks for the suggestion but my above opinion came from experience. Most difficult conversation I ever had asking my dad not to be part of my pit crew after all the time, effort, money and sacrifice over the years.
(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(x'.'x) bunny onto your page to help
(")-(") him gain world domination!

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2019, 05:45:43 pm »
I can imagine the emotions there  :'( I didn't have any of them problems,my old man done one when I was 10 and good riddance. :finger

Stormbringer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • - Main bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2019, 04:46:07 pm »
I worked with my Dad at his engineering firm for a couple of years after my apprenticship .
I could have taken it on at some point but I went off and did my own thing .
Never regreted it .

Over Land and Sea

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes

RSS to JavaScript