Date: 24-04-24  Time: 11:55 am

Author Topic: Bitcoin Bullshit?  (Read 1464 times)

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Bitcoin Bullshit?
« on: 31 August 2019, 11:36:51 pm »
Just thought I'd ask anyone on here if they've tried Bitcoin Revolution,I read an item where Gordon Ramsey was raving about it and someone on a morning show had almost doubled there investment by the end of it !I read a bit more about it and actually started a procedure online being very careful not to pay any money and just see what happened before commiting to it,I got as far as giving my phone number which was one step before paying £250 to start this.About 2mins after I'd given my number this guy phones up saying he's my adviser andwent on about how great this investment was,the only thing that stopped me going ahead was the fact that all the places in the actual Bitcoin place were now taken but this firm or whatever it was he's working for was exactly the same and if I'd now deposit the £250 he'd start the ball rolling,I didn't particularly like the way this was turning into a hard sell,this guy was really trying hard to get my dough.I told him I'd have to think about it and he said "I'll call you back"not 5mins later he called back and was browbeating me for this money,I then told him I didn't like his attitude and the hard sell he was giving me,he then got abusive saying "what's the matter?do you need to get your wifes ok or something?I put the phone down on him but he's called back a few times but I haven't answered him because I don't really want to start telling him to fuck off and all that.Just wondered if anyone had had any joy with this because it seems to good to be true.
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: Bitcoin Bullshit?
« Reply #1 on: 01 September 2019, 12:24:56 am »
They are trained to be hard sell to make you feel guilty. It's your phone, your time and your money. Telling him to Fuck Off would have been too polite.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 September 2019, 08:44:25 am »
if it seems to good to be true.....it probably isn`t....very difficult getting a good return on your savings at the moment , a classic bike is what you need ,get yourself off to the "cool bike " thread choose your favourite and go out and buy yourself one ,much better than money in the bank and you get to own and ride it    :thumbup
One, is never going to be enough.....

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2019, 08:46:45 am »
if it seems to good to be true.....it probably isn`t....very difficult getting a good return on your savings at the moment , a classic bike is what you need ,get yourself off to the "cool bike " thread choose your favourite and go out and buy yourself one ,much better than money in the bank and you get to own and ride it    :thumbup

iam off to the ace cafe shortly for the "japanese vintage bike day" i`ll see what i can find you   ;)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 September 2019, 10:02:14 am »

They are trained to be hard sell to make you feel guilty. It's your phone, your time and your money. Telling him to Fuck Off would have been too polite.

Even though the transaction wasn't completed, coffee has voluntarily given them his phone number. I agree they should take no for an answer, but it's hardly surprising that they're going for the hard sell in this case :rolleyes

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 September 2019, 11:57:04 am »
iam off to the ace cafe shortly for the "japanese vintage bike day" i`ll see what i can find you   ;)
Would my 21 year old fazer qualify
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 September 2019, 12:05:39 pm »
Yes sounds like a total boiler room scam to me - stay well away.
« Last Edit: 01 September 2019, 01:53:58 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 September 2019, 12:44:23 pm »

How much was the Bitcoin investment?. £250?.......good luck finding a Z1 or H2 for anything near that :lol .

Enjoy the day at the Ace though and post some pics please :)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 September 2019, 01:21:28 pm »
Would my 21 year old fazer qualify

:lol  not yet SHARPIE ,took my 98 600 and was hustled to the back of the car park  :( ...

i alwaye thought that "vintage" was pre war    :rolleyes

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 September 2019, 01:36:03 pm »

How much was the Bitcoin investment?. £250?.......good luck finding a Z1 or H2 for anything near that :lol .

Enjoy the day at the Ace though and post some pics please :)

hi YFF........ah yes , a slight hitch in my plan :rolleyes .....the only other idea i can offer is buying a project , a few years back i bought a 82 cb 250 rs ,an up and running bike with MOT .price.....£250....i sorted a oil burning problem and then put it back in the shed ,where it still is now ,should pass an MOT easy and at a guess should easily sell at £500   orrrrr   i bought a cg125 a year ago for my son but mum was not too keen on the idea ,bought last year for £400 sold last week for £750 spent about £150 getting it fully sorted.......if you have the time i think theres money to be made from old bikes , i might be wrong but i think i remember COFFEE saying he once had a wet dream  :eek  projects are cheap but good`uns are starting to fetch good money now,god knows why though     :rolleyes

sorry YFF no piccies ,my phones died must be at least 10 years old so cant complain.....mmm wonder what thats worth   :lol

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 September 2019, 12:39:44 am »
https://www.binaryscamalerts.com/bitcoin-revolution-review-scam/

Thanks for that,I really was close to going ahead with this but at the time my wife,who is far more level headed than me was making cut throat signs while I was on the phone and that's when I decided to tell the bloke I'd think about it! I really am dense at times,instead of thinking things out I've a tendency to jump in then regret it.
« Last Edit: 02 September 2019, 12:49:13 am by coffee »
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 September 2019, 01:23:14 am »
If my wife makes cut throat signs, I usually go and hide  :lol