fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Belsen
« on: 15 April 2020, 10:37:16 pm »
Today 75th anniversary of the liberation of the Bergen Belsen concentration camp. My Dad went over in the D- Day piroid and was one of the liberators of Belson.     
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: Belsen
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2020, 11:39:15 pm »
Reading in the weekend paper, some of the first hand experiences of the liberators. Must have been quite horrible and shocking.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2020, 11:53:54 pm »
Nothing but nothing is as cruel as man,and the Nazis' were streets ahead of anyone,don't seem to have done 'em any harm though does it. :(
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2020, 06:54:37 am »
I also knew a man in the late 1970s through work, who was one of the first squaddies into Belson he related some of his experiences of those first few hours he spent about half an hour talking to us he was a big, strong, hard guy, who backed down to no one. He had tears rolling down his face the whole time he related those first few hours. We spent the next hour helping him recover out of site of other people. I still can see the distress that guy went through when he related it to us just like it was yesterday.  We did check out his story and it had been documented.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 April 2020, 09:50:46 am »
Today 75th anniversary of the liberation of the Bergen Belsen concentration camp. My Dad went over in the D- Day piroid and was one of the liberators of Belson.   

My Uncle was one of the first MP's to reach the camp. He was with a forward unit of the 11 Arm Div, I didn't find this out until a few years before he died almost 20yrs ago, he kept it to himself.  My old next door neighbour, was also there, he was with 3RTR, he also sadly died in 07. 

Less we forget   
Later