Date: 28-03-24  Time: 19:13 pm

Author Topic: Websites, videos etc for riding tips and techniques  (Read 5277 times)

MikeBike

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Websites, videos etc for riding tips and techniques
« on: 30 July 2021, 10:02:04 pm »
I've decided to make this thread a sticky and add a few more sites with useful guides for riding technique and tips for everyone's benefit

If you have any suggestions for sites/ links/ videos etc to help other people improve their ride, please add them below :thumbup

GrahamM - Moderator

Hello guys.
I ´ll share with you, and with any 2 wheels rider, I know, what I find is one of the best websites for riding improvement, skills, technics, safety, tips, etc etc.
It gives us great tolls (for instances "Trail Braking" which I didn´t knew) to improve our riding and specially to be a safer rider.
The most, biggest and dangerous mistake, is assuming we are great riders and that we have little or nothing to learn, just because we have been riding for years. We need to keep learning and be willing to improve our riding all the time.
This website is absolutely great. Dave, seems to look that he actually knows what he is talking about (It sounds logic to say the least). Is from USA, but suits every rider.
It also give tips and advise on bike maintenance and riding equipment reviews.
Check it out and comment back your opinion if you wish so.
As Police Scotland says: "Ride Safe - Home Safe"
https://www.canyonchasers.net/
« Last Edit: 03 August 2021, 10:57:31 am by Grahamm »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Probably the best website for riding tips and technics
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2021, 11:56:39 am »
That looks like a great site with some really helpful advice for riding, thanks :thumbup

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: Probably the best website for riding tips and technics
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2021, 10:53:18 am »

Full Control: A PDF based on a document originally created by the Norwegian Motorcycle Union

Explanations of the physics of how a bike works and steers, guides to Counter Steering, Braking and some ideas for exercises to practice

https://www.iamroadsmart.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/iam-full-control-document-v01

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: Websites, videos etc for riding tips and techniques
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2021, 11:23:18 am »
Begin Motorcycling

From laws to licences and unbiased gear reviews, we’ll get you out on two wheels.

Guides to riding, maintenance, parking laws, buying and selling bikes and more.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
Re: Websites, videos etc for riding tips and techniques
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2023, 10:57:00 am »
don't forget post test training.

RoSPA....(Royal society for prevention of accidents) I'm an advanced tutor for the Merseyside/South Lancs group

IAM (Institute of advanced motorists/Motorcyclists)

Both offer excellent post training courses, I'm biased and say go RoSPA  :lol [size=78%]but whichever you choose, you'll get great input for a safer ride[/size]
fire never sleeps