Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:44 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641637 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1775 on: 25 November 2017, 05:10:22 pm »

When anyone flashes me I stare back at them. I'll go when the road is clear thanks, even if it means quite a long wait.
On the same note - people who move over for me and wonder why I haven't gone past them on the brow of a hill or a lorry coming the other direction or on the approach to a crossroads. Thanks but I will overtake when I want and I don't need you to move over for me.
Having said that it is nice when they do move over (on a safe bit ]

The good thing about someone moving over for you to pass actually tells you that they have seen you and have acknowledged your presence, rather than turning a sharp right whilst your along side them. :eek :bobby

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: 25 November 2017, 07:14:00 pm »
Car salesmen! My son had booked a test drive in a Fiesta ST200 at a local Ford main dealer and he asked me to go with him.
When we get there the car is not there, the salesman then tells us we cannot have a test drive in the ST200 as the finance manager has borrowed it to go on holiday, he then offered us a test drive in a 1.0 litre ecoboost as, according to him, there is not much difference, well only another 600cc and about 80bhp!
Told him to politely shove it and then he asked if we wanted to put a deposit down on the ST200 and sort out the finance, how my son refrained from very unpolitely telling him to f**k off I don't know,  at this point we just got up and walked out.
What a wanker!

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: 25 November 2017, 09:00:38 pm »
Car salesmen! My son had booked a test drive in a Fiesta ST200 at a local Ford main dealer and he asked me to go with him.
When we get there the car is not there, the salesman then tells us we cannot have a test drive in the ST200 as the finance manager has borrowed it to go on holiday, he then offered us a test drive in a 1.0 litre ecoboost as, according to him, there is not much difference, well only another 600cc and about 80bhp!
Told him to politely shove it and then he asked if we wanted to put a deposit down on the ST200 and sort out the finance, how my son refrained from very unpolitely telling him to f**k off I don't know,  at this point we just got up and walked out.
What a wanker!
That was a very lucky escape, your son can now come to his senses and not buy a chavvy POS Ford.  :pokefun :lol

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: 26 November 2017, 09:11:17 am »
What a wanker!
That was a very lucky escape, your son can now come to his senses and not buy a chavvy POS Ford.  :pokefun :lol

He is too far gone, their is no hope for him. He has had two Subaru Imprezas and now wants something cheaper to run. The colour of the ST is shit as well, listed as storm grey but looks like shiney grey primer.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: 26 November 2017, 09:30:16 am »
What a wanker!
That was a very lucky escape, your son can now come to his senses and not buy a chavvy POS Ford.  lol

He is too far gone, their is no hope for him. He has had two Subaru Imprezas and now wants something cheaper to run. The colour of the ST is shit as well, listed as storm grey but looks like shiney grey primer.

If he wanted something cheaper to run he should have bought the 1litre ecoboost :pokefun :

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: 26 November 2017, 11:20:03 am »
As I haven't had a good moan for a while, here are a few.................

1.  The current trend to start every sentence with "So"

2.  The current fashion to go everywhere clutching a mug of coffee. There is even a company selling "take-away" coffee cartons that you take home, pour in hot water and then take out with you?? I call these peeps "coffee mugs"

3.   The Americanisation of cutlery handling including ever more elaborate ways of incorrectly holding the simple knife and fork.

4.   Mobile phone users who have their calls on speaker so every call becomes a conference call involving all within earshot.

5.   The growing trend for drivers to park just wherever the FOC they like with absolutely no regard for the inconvenience of others. I left home recently to find a van parked across my drive, when there were ample marked spaces available. It is now quite common to see vehicles parked with all four wheels on the pavement, or right on the corner of busy road junctions.

Right........rants over time for happy hour.
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: 27 November 2017, 10:07:52 am »
As I haven't had a good moan for a while, here are a few.................

1.  The current trend to start every sentence with "So"

2.  The current fashion to go everywhere clutching a mug of coffee. There is even a company selling "take-away" coffee cartons that you take home, pour in hot water and then take out with you?? I call these peeps "coffee mugs"

3.   The Americanisation of cutlery handling including ever more elaborate ways of incorrectly holding the simple knife and fork.

4.   Mobile phone users who have their calls on speaker so every call becomes a conference call involving all within earshot.

5.   The growing trend for drivers to park just wherever the FOC they like with absolutely no regard for the inconvenience of others. I left home recently to find a van parked across my drive, when there were ample marked spaces available. It is now quite common to see vehicles parked with all four wheels on the pavement, or right on the corner of busy road junctions.

Right........rants over time for happy hour.

You're me you are.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: 27 November 2017, 12:14:49 pm »
So, where did I put my coffee? I had it when I parked the van on the pavement and I'm sure that grumpy old foccer will not want to get his car out of his drive just yet.
« Last Edit: 27 November 2017, 12:15:57 pm by tommyardin »

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: 27 November 2017, 12:48:28 pm »
"can I borrow you for a moment" No you foccin can't you cnut! If you want me to help you I'll help you. I really hate that phrase, usually mutter by some spotty Herbert of the snowflake generation.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: 27 November 2017, 05:47:29 pm »
"Can I get a coffee, tea, egg roll....." NO......you're not in feckin America so the phrase is "please may I have". You can't "get it", you can ask for it and they can get it for you.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: 27 November 2017, 07:45:23 pm »
Seems like good manners have gone the same way as common sense with the snow flakes.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: 27 November 2017, 08:26:45 pm »

"Can I get a coffee, tea, egg roll....." NO......you're not in feckin America so the phrase is "please may I have". You can't "get it", you can ask for it and they can get it for you.

A man after my own heart,
add the other ones that really annoy me
I done
I seen
Are you ok?  (when waiting to be served, of course I'm not)
using basically in a sentence,
people arriving late for meetings and expecting us to wait while they are being filled in on what they missed.  :wall

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: 27 November 2017, 09:17:52 pm »
Another one seen lots of times on utube instructions for things Amrican
"You are gonna wanna go ahead and "----
 But now I am seeing it from uk utube posters
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: 28 November 2017, 08:46:22 pm »

the welsh rugby team,  they get my goat.

sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #1789 on: 28 November 2017, 10:23:49 pm »
When anyone flashes me I stare back at them. I'll go when the road is clear thanks, even if it means quite a long wait.

:thumbup

If you pull out because someone has flashed you and then have a shunt, it's *you* who will be liable as you're responsible for checking to see if the road is clear.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: 29 November 2017, 07:34:34 am »

:thumbup

If you pull out because someone has flashed you and then have a shunt, it's *you* who will be liable as you're responsible for checking to see if the road is clear.

Is it not possible to check the road the road is clear yourself before you pull out, even when someone flashes to give way to you?.

Just because they have flashed you it doesn't mean you're compelled to pull out does it?.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: 29 November 2017, 08:36:09 am »
Is it actually a contravention of The Highway Code to, if you believe it safe to do so, pull out at a junction when another vehicle flashes to give way to you?.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: 29 November 2017, 09:32:01 am »
The danger with flashing is that the flash may not always be aimed at you. I have been in the situation where I was waiting and a car flashed what I thought was for me but it was for something else.

Here is another one --- stupid auto on lights, you are waiting to enter a roundabout that has a bridge over it and a car with auto on lights is coming from the right and you think he is flashing you, but no its just his auto on lights turning on as he enters the dark area under the bridge. Yes they stay on but for that split second when its busy and they come on and you see it and look forward and go. 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: 29 November 2017, 10:12:53 am »
The danger with flashing is that the flash may not always be aimed at you. I have been in the situation where I was waiting and a car flashed what I thought was for me but it was for something else.

Here is another one --- stupid auto on lights, you are waiting to enter a roundabout that has a bridge over it and a car with auto on lights is coming from the right and you think he is flashing you, but no its just his auto on lights turning on as he enters the dark area under the bridge. Yes they stay on but for that split second when its busy and they come on and you see it and look forward and go.

:lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: 29 November 2017, 10:42:43 am »

:lol

Where the foc did you get that picture from Darrsi?   :eek     the police said it would only stay on my record and not be for general release
lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: 29 November 2017, 01:57:29 pm »
A young “lady” pulled out in front of me from a side turning this morning, i don’t really believe she cared whether she saw me or not, so i gave her a quick blast with the air horn to show my dismay, then by chance the traffic slowed down and i rolled up beside her.
No word of a lie, she went nuts.
You know when you see an Alasation trying to get out of a car to maul you, but all you get is a steamed up window and tongue marks and saliva all over the glass?
That was her!!!  :eek

Anyway she sped off round the corner but i was going that way as well and she got stuck in traffic.

If ever there was a time where i needed a Goldwing with big speakers blaring out the Jaws music as i slowly filtered between cars towards her......this would have been it.  :lol

As i got near her car she’d buried her head between the steering wheel and the door, a bit like covering your eyes hoping i would just disappear.

Then just as i rode past i saw her head look up to me in the wing mirror and i just managed to give her a polite wave before riding off laughing. :finger :lol

In fairness what she did was bloody dangerous but it all worked out okay in the end.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: 30 November 2017, 07:38:13 am »
That's a bit like the one I beeped at for constantly texting in traffic. She was 10 seconds behind everyone else moving off, even at light changes.

Her reaction was to fling her arms up in the air in that 'What IS your problem?!' kind  of way.

Idiot.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: 30 November 2017, 01:20:12 pm »
That's a bit like the one I beeped at for constantly texting in traffic. She was 10 seconds behind everyone else moving off, even at light changes.

Her reaction was to fling her arms up in the air in that 'What IS your problem?!' kind  of way.

Idiot.

There’s a bloke at my work who belongs to a different company who is ALWAYS on his phone, mainly texting
I reckon if you tried to take it off him he’d have your eyes out.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: 30 November 2017, 04:30:18 pm »
I was in a hotel restaurant having breakfast last summer and a bloke and his partner were only putting their phones down long enough to take another forkful of food, then immediately continuing texting.

Now this got my goat, but why?.

It had no bearing on me and didn't affect my meal in any way.

So why was it so foccing irritating to watch??! 

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: 30 November 2017, 05:20:32 pm »
I was in a hotel restaurant having breakfast last summer and a bloke and his partner were only putting their phones down long enough to take another forkful of food, then immediately continuing texting.

Now this got my goat, but why?.

It had no bearing on me and didn't affect my meal in any way.

So why was it so foccing irritating to watch??!

Because it is so foccing irritating thats why, too many people addicted to shit like facebook and twitter, they seem to have no idea how to have a real conversation with a real person.
When we take the grandkids out for a meal I have a rule, food or phone, choose one. So far they have always picked food :)