Date: 25-04-24  Time: 15:19 pm

Author Topic: Whoever posts last is best  (Read 150339 times)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Whoever posts last is best
« Reply #1400 on: 15 April 2024, 09:35:57 pm »
Shouldn't this have been in the What did you do with your Fazer today thread? ;)

Should of, could of - killing two birds with one stone here!

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: 15 April 2024, 09:44:26 pm »
Managed to get a couple of hours in the garage/workshop/playroom on Saturday afternoon. Ended up drilling out the snapped stud and fitting a Helicoil. I hate using Easyout's, they can be good when the snapped stud is loose already, (who snaps a loose bolt/screw?) but if the thing is seized or corroded in place, I find that the simple act of using one, forces the remaining stud material outwards onto the thread and nothing happens until the easyout snaps - then you've got two problems!
Anyway, coolant Foo Foo valve sorted and back in position.  :lol

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: 16 April 2024, 10:43:56 am »
Nice job :thumbup . Expect you hope to be finished in time for Mayday, when hopefully the weather bucks up. Going to Le Mans on Thursday for the 24hour. Looking at the current forecast for the early hours, the heated grips will be getting a workout for sure.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: 16 April 2024, 02:04:31 pm »
"Expect you hope to be finished in time for Mayday, when hopefully the weather bucks up"

Neither will be happening the way it's going - job's are piling up. Just confirmed that May Bank holiday weekend I'll be working at Goodwood and between then and now I've got a job on near Teeside as well.

And as for the weather......... :'( (I blame Brexit, Dominic Cummins, Donald Trump, The Russians, Immigration, etc etc  :lol )

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: Today at 12:25:36 pm »
Bank holiday at Goodwood. Shame it’s not the Festival of Speed or the Revival weekends, that would have been epic. :thumbup
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.