Date: 18-04-24  Time: 08:13 am

Author Topic: Digital speedo help !  (Read 1884 times)

Rumbles

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Digital speedo help !
« on: 13 November 2015, 08:44:15 pm »
So iv bought this speedo on eBay and the connector that goes into the back of the original speedo is smaller than the digi one , is there such thing as a conversion harness or has anyone encountered the same problem ? I just don't wanna have to go cutting the loom and trying to figure out what goes where etc ... If needs must though I will but I was hoping there's a easy solution haha any helps appreciated , thanks !

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Digital speedo help !
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2015, 09:48:02 pm »
Are you sure it is the correct speedo for your bike?

Rumbles

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2015, 10:08:25 pm »
It's a universal aftermarket one , in the third picture and yea well Supposedly it's ment to fit haha
« Last Edit: 13 November 2015, 10:10:00 pm by Rumbles »

hmmmnz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2015, 11:54:24 pm »
no such thing as a conversion harness, im sure you could make one if you had a spare speedo that you dont mind breaking.
these are made for chinese bikes, as to which one, who knows,  cfmoto probably

anyway, if you dont mind cutting your loom up,  you'll have to join the cables, solder and heat shrink style.
its fairly easy, ive done it to a few street fighters over the years.
personally i would cut the plug off your old clocks.  (and say 5-10 cm of wire as well to allow for joining)

that way, you can remove the clocks, if you upgrade the front end, or decide to get different clocks late

Rumbles

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 December 2015, 08:44:59 pm »
Yea I've figured that out now after hours of constant searching for the non existent harness haha I think I am going to just cut the cables and try connecting them , iv got a wiring diagram from the supplier on eBay but it's not in the best detail nor is the picture even clear enough to read the tiny text ! I'm sure I'll get there in the end .. One thing though when you've done this previously did you keep the standard speed sensor ? My digital speedo came with one and I wasn't sure if I had to change this too  :lol
Cheers
« Last Edit: 02 December 2015, 08:46:08 pm by Rumbles »

Ruby Racing

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 December 2015, 09:12:12 pm »
I hope you have better luck than I did with one of those. I sent it back and bought a Koso instead. Much better.
Feel the Fear and do it anyway!

Read about my Project Ruby Racer - FZS 600 Custom build Click this link > > > http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,10613.0.html

hmmmnz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2015, 06:32:13 pm »
ive only installed koso and acewell speedo units on my bikes,
but have a shitey chinky one to chuck on my bmw at some stage.

i'd try the stock speed sensor first, normally you can set the wheel size in the speedo menu system,
so with a bit of fiddling with that, you may be able to get it to work, failing that, use theirs.

Rumbles

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 December 2015, 04:36:58 pm »
The reason I went for this was cause it was a koso replica at a fraction of the price of the koso , if it's based on the real rx2n then it should be alright .. We'll so I thought haha I'm gonna give it a bash tonight or tomorrow I'll let you know how I get on , cheers

hmmmnz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 December 2015, 09:19:38 pm »
If you get stuck, you could send it up to me with the plug off the old one and I'll solder it all up for ya,
You should be ok though,