Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:43 pm

Author Topic: classic motorcycle mechanics show, stafford....TODAY  (Read 2380 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
classic motorcycle mechanics show, stafford....TODAY
« on: 15 October 2017, 07:44:26 am »
As above anyone going ?.....I am   :)  , be leaving high wycombe shortly heading up the A413 stopping for brekkie at JACK HILLS on the A5 and then make It up as i go along too stafford , avoiding brum and motorways...

its a cracking show for all you older foccers who grew up on bikes from the 70/80s , ill be on the look out for parts for my 3 classics in the auto jumble , bolted  a 52 litre top box to the back of the thou and hope to fill it with lots of goodies   ;)

looks like its going to be a good day foccers...time to get your fazers out and take advantage of the good days at this time of year...

but remember....ride safe   :thumbup
One, is never going to be enough.....

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: classic motorcycle mechanics show, stafford....TODAY
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2017, 04:17:58 pm »
As above anyone going ?.....I am   :)  , be leaving high wycombe shortly heading up the A413 stopping for brekkie at JACK HILLS on the A5 and then make It up as i go along too stafford , avoiding brum and motorways...

its a cracking show for all you older foccers who grew up on bikes from the 70/80s , ill be on the look out for parts for my 3 classics in the auto jumble , bolted  a 52 litre top box to the back of the thou and hope to fill it with lots of goodies   ;)

looks like its going to be a good day foccers...time to get your fazers out and take advantage of the good days at this time of year...

but remember....ride safe   :thumbup

Done it, did, and home  :thumbup

Hugh Mungus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 October 2017, 09:04:32 pm »
If I hadn't gone to watch BSB at Brands Hatch I would have gone to Stafford show as I haven't been for several years.
It's probably a day to leave the credit card at home or face severe questioning when the bill arrives...

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2017, 09:01:33 am »
Good day yesterday   :) ....breakfast at JACK HILLS was at its usual standard  :rolleyes  then onto stafford via A5 , lutterworth , hinckley , tamworth , A51 , lichfield , rugeley and stafford , a couple of hours looking around the bikes and buying what must be the most expensive numberplate in biking history for my honda cb 400/4  :eek  . Different route on the way home....A581 newport , A41 , wolverhampton , A449 kiderminster , worcester , A44 , evesham , fish hill  :)  , moreton-in-marsh , chipping norton ,  then cross country to aviod oxford ring road , glympton , wotton , shipton-on-cherwell , islip , stanton st john and onto A40 and home to high wycombe , 285 miles in total , misty and damp on the way up but cleared to sunshine for the rest of the day   , had a bit of fun on the A413 just north of aylesbury on the way up , caught up with what must have been the porsche boxters owners club monthly run , great fun picking them off one at a time on roads i know reasonably well   :lol  no match for the mighty thou , all drivers old enough to be going through a late life crisis , roof down , scarfs , silly hats , 4 woolly jumpers , 2 coats and the heater on full blast   :lol :lol :lol .......a good day , a bonus for mid october   :thumbup

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2017, 09:03:58 am »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2017, 09:05:54 am »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 October 2017, 09:07:53 am »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16 October 2017, 09:14:22 am »
Sounds good. I was in Devon last week so missed it (for the second year running). I'm slacking☹.

Was it one of those pressed metal number plates you bought for your Honda?. I've heard someone is making them again. And I've heard they ain't cheap.

Also is that a Sheene RG in your pic or a replica?.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 October 2017, 09:18:40 am »
Oh there's more photos appeared whilst I was typing!😃.

All that shiny chrome!. Great pics.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 October 2017, 09:38:09 am »
Morning YFF..my connection and tablet playing up this morning , I cant see my own pics and not sure what I just posted  :lol  iam pretty sure the piccie of sheene's bike i posted is one of the origanals , a few there this year along with one or two very good copies , a tent devoted to suzuki this year hence the line up of X7's , lots of gt750's there aswell , not for me so no piccies....

yes , the number plate was pressed alloy , raised black digits on yellow back plate , matches the origanal that i still have but is a bit distorted , not made at the show but is being posted at no extra charge....

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 October 2017, 11:29:49 am »
The new plate will be a nice finishing touch. I wonder why they stopped making them previously in the 70's/80's. Bet it was cost then.

You can also get replica tax discs now with the old dates on them can't you. Don't know how much they are.

I never had a lot of luck with the auto jumble at Stafford looking for bits for my '83 KL250. Seems all the best stuff goes straight onto E-Bay.

A lot of the parts were still available from the dealers via Cradley Kawasaki a few years ago, but I bet it's nearly all gone now.

I think Cradley had a bit of a clear out a while ago. I picked up a N.O.S cylinder block from them on E-bay several years back. I think I paid just over £100 for it. List price was something like £450!!!. Just need a standard N.O.S piston & rings to suit now😃

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 16 October 2017, 12:07:36 pm »
Yes agree with you there YFF ...not a great deal caught my eye in the auto jumble , as you say the good stuff goes early , down side to going sunday afternoon , went there saturday once at opening time , not only were people queing up but once the gates were open running to and around the stands   :eek ...not for me , I like to stroll around with tea in hand , internet has indeed taken over and i do wonder if these traders actually make any money on the day after they have paid thier pitch fees....i do pretty well on ebay , bought a fair bit for my  X7 this year at good prices , best buy a couple of years age was a pair for NOS  still in origanal suzuki packaging fork stanchions for a bargain £100 ,buy it now ,  from a dealer  ;)

still a good day though and I expect I'll be back there next year , maybe on the X7     ;)

Red Ceri

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 1260S MTS, Le Mans II, RD250C
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 October 2017, 04:03:41 pm »
Red,

didn't have access to internet most of last week otherwise would have arranged to meet up with you, went early Sunday, was at the gate at 10 am, literally renewed my Air-cooled RD club membership, quick stroll around, got new discs (FZ1) for the R1 front end conversion  and was on my way home by 12.30.

Been going for a few years and everything seemed to be the same, even down to the traders being at the same pitches as every other year. Hopefully they will refresh it for it's 25th year next year.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 October 2017, 04:59:27 pm »
Hi ceri , was there for 12 , shame we mised each other , yeh , could do with an update , the parade used to be good but they struggled with 6/8 bikes in the large areana , think some of the traders even had the same stock   :lol