Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

FZ1-S overheating - now fixed

(1/5) > >>

moffmeister:
use he bike for first time in 8 wks yesterday to go to work (40 miles).  When got into Leeds noticed temp warning light on and temp 120C!

Stopped, let it cool down and continued the last 8 miles to work.  Came on again.

Going home in pm, seemed normal (fluctuating between 97C and 103C) then again 10 miles from home (return trip is 50 miles)

Coincidentally the 'going wrong' seems to have happened about 45 mins in to each journey.

I'm guessing this may be thermostat faulty, or even temp sensor itself?  Plannning to do some more checking today to verify each of these.

Anyone else had this problem?  Got any ideas?

Dudeofrude:
Did you try and remove the radiator cap to see if the coolant was actually boiling?
Sounds like your bike runs hot generally, min sits between 78 and 85 on every ride unless I'm sat in traffic

Fazian:

--- Quote from: Dudeofrude on 30 May 2020, 11:39:13 am ---Did you try and remove the radiator cap to see if the coolant was actually boiling?
Sounds like your bike runs hot generally, min sits between 78 and 85 on every ride unless I'm sat in traffic

--- End quote ---

Same here and the fan kicks in around 100.

moffmeister:
have checked the temp sensor with an infra red gun - reading correctly

Replaced the thermostat (last night) - went out for a run - for first 15 miles all good temp between 79 and 92 - got into town and fuelled up then it started again temp upto 108 fan running constantly - went back home and when stopped was rising again. 

Have flushed cooling system - its perfectly clear.

Maybe a wider engine issue?

:\

Trebus:
Radiator cap not holding pressure?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version