Date: 26-04-24  Time: 18:15 pm

Author Topic: Military Odyssey  (Read 1255 times)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Military Odyssey
« on: 23 August 2014, 08:19:12 pm »
Anyone planning on going to the Military Odyssey at Kent County show ground Detling this weekend ?
My daughter, sisters and mother are all taking part in the south east home front re-enactment simulating a rescue from a bombed out house which I must say after watching it today was quite thought provoking and a little bit emotional.
They have managed to make it look so real and have put so much effort into re-creating a mock up of an underground tube station during the blitz.
Had the awesome sight of the two Lancaster bombers and spitfires fly directly over and there is a full scale battle on the lower field with tanks  and other military vehicle with a spitfire doing strafing runs overhead.
Well worth a visit and not just 2nd world war scenario's

There is also a Viking village, complete with long boat. Crusade battles and them pesky yanks playing out the American civil war.
Even got a live .22 rifle range you can have a go on.
Anyone up for it. ?
« Last Edit: 23 August 2014, 08:26:42 pm by dazza »

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
Re: Military Odyssey
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2014, 11:12:30 am »

looks good,  used to go to the gunpowder mills in w/abbey every year similar show but not as big, worth a visit.
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Re: Military Odyssey
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2014, 12:14:59 pm »
Few more pics of the rescue scenario.