Date: 29-03-24  Time: 01:22 am

Author Topic: I'm back, but a newbie????  (Read 3873 times)

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
I'm back, but a newbie????
« on: 06 November 2011, 07:51:29 pm »
After a few months with loads of other stuff going on, I got the bike out this weekend and then decided to see what was going on here.  Only to find it's not on Yuku any more and my old login didn't work so registered again.  Now, I'm a newbie, a CBT Wobbler with no posts to my name.  I initially thought it was the same for everyone but if that's the case, some of you have been posting near continually!

Can I get my post count and title back or am I starting from scratch again?

Aegis Bearing Mel

• FOC-U Instakok ('05)(TM) - Just add alcohol
    Geographically Disorientated Foccer
    Stealthy for a not so fat c**t
    FOC-U DIY Disaster
    Poof the Magic Dragon
    FOC-U Fudge hunting tranny smasher
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: I'm back, but a newbie????
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2011, 07:55:16 pm »
No worries buddy, glad to you have you back amongst us.
:thumbup

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2011, 11:18:09 pm »
I wondered where you'd got to when I tried to email you about the bmf. Welcome back!

That'll be £10 please...:lol ;-)

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 November 2011, 12:35:00 am »
Well my email address hasn't changed.......

and it looks like both shows are back in Peterborough for next year.  What happened, did you wreck Lincoln showground?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 November 2011, 11:28:16 am »
I'm no longer foc-u's political correspondent and voice of reason :rolleyes

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 November 2011, 01:09:43 pm »
:rolleyes
What's the roll eyes for? You joined a week ago - over a month since we moved. You've presumably changed your name from Yuku but haven't mentioned to Admin that you'd like your details transferred. Then you come on here and roll your eyes.

Typical moaning sweaty :rolleyes

If you'd like your details updated please log into Yuku and send me a Yuku PM so I can verify who you are.

If anyone else would like their postcount etc brought across please post in Messages for Users or send me a PM.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 November 2011, 01:50:24 pm »
Jesus chill out man. :)   

You think I really wanted, or want, a title that reads "foc-u's political correspondent and voice of reason"?  Foc me.  That's why I'm rolling my eyes.  Though I guess it could have been much much worse.   :\

Sorry I opened my big mouth. ;)

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 November 2011, 03:38:33 pm »
Welcome back VNA  :D  Good to see you again.   Now, what do you think about the protesters outside St Paul's Cathedral?
Head Focced

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 November 2011, 06:40:42 pm »
Cheers Mickdel, good to be back.

Protesters oot side St Paul's.

Naw never mind that, this is the still the story - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15622805

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 November 2011, 06:42:06 pm »
 :tape

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 November 2011, 06:22:43 am »
I have no sympathy, I mean its not like it was suddenly dropped on them.
Lets show sympathy for families who do need our concern,  like grieving families of our dead soldiers,  or low income families who are struggling to live through no fault of their own.Modern Tory Britain is becoming more and more a nation of haves and have nots.Nobody stands up for them.Just local to me a couple were found dead in their home , looks like they committed suicide cos the system failed them,living in extreme poverty , they used to  walked 6 miles to get food parcels FFS...so no, I dont give  a stuff about the dale farm mob....

Hodge

• Foc-U suck-up-to-admin and good taste in bikes Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GSX650F
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 November 2011, 09:42:10 am »
I have no sympathy, I mean its not like it was suddenly dropped on them.
Lets show sympathy for families who do need our concern,  like grieving families of our dead soldiers,  or low income families who are struggling to live through no fault of their own.Modern Tory Britain is becoming more and more a nation of haves and have nots.Nobody stands up for them.Just local to me a couple were found dead in their home , looks like they committed suicide cos the system failed them,living in extreme poverty , they used to  walked 6 miles to get food parcels FFS...so no, I dont give  a stuff about the dale farm mob....

I second this motion.

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 November 2011, 01:03:24 pm »

I'm sick of hearing about pikeys.    There is another series starting very soon about "gypsy life" - trailers for it are on all the time; can't remember the channel.
What I can't understand is why the fuck they are over here, and not in their native Ireland.   Unless of course, they're claiming benefits in both countries.  About 5 years ago  I remember a family of thirty eight of the bastards went to Portugal on holiday, and after two weeks, turned up at the local consulate.   They claimed they'd all had their money and tickets stolen,  and camped outside the office, when not filling the waiting room, drunk and intimidating brits who genuinely needed assistance.
In the end, the local consul was nearing breakdown,  and issued the fuckers with emergency passports and air tickets,  and got them to sign an Undertaking To Repay form.  Of course when the forms were checked in London, the names were all bogus.
I'd have let the cun@s to rot in the sun.
Head Focced

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 November 2011, 06:00:21 pm »
One guy at work is a bit sad but does have his uses.  When there was the TV coverage of the Dale Farm mob slowly moving out, he sat there noting down the registration numbers of all the cars and vans beng driven out of the squat.  Checking them against askMID showed that not one was insured......

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 November 2011, 07:07:24 pm »
Oh Jesus here we go again.

One guy at work is a bit sad but does have his uses.  When there was the TV coverage of the Dale Farm mob slowly moving out, he sat there noting down the registration numbers of all the cars and vans beng driven out of the squat.  Checking them against askMID showed that not one was insured......

A bit foccing sad?  Just a bit?  And like he paid 3.75 per vehicle search to check their insurance status.  I mean, aye right, or yeah needs real foccing help.

Oh, how much more made up shite do we have to read here on this issue? 

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #15 on: 10 November 2011, 07:28:45 pm »
Latest news from dale farm, armed police have been ordered to open fire, unconfirmed reports suggest so far they have won 3 goldfish, 2 teddies, and a toffee apple.
Save the planet...It's the only one with beer!

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 November 2011, 09:58:07 pm »
A bit foccing sad?  Just a bit?  And like he paid 3.75 per vehicle search to check their insurance status.  I mean, aye right, or yeah needs real foccing help.

Oh, how much more made up shite do we have to read here on this issue?
Paid???  www.askmid.com is free if you declare it's your vehicle.....

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #17 on: 10 November 2011, 10:03:09 pm »

Well that was noble and public spirited of him, but if I were you and him, I'd keep quiet about this because it's rather silly to admit to committing an offence:

I am entitled to the insurance information about the vehicle detailed above for one or more of the following reasons: It is either registered/ owned/ insured by me or my employer; I am permitted to drive it; I am an Insurance Broker or agent and acting on behalf of my client.

I understand it is an offence to wrongfully obtain information of this nature without any of the above reasonable causes. If I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring this information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data protection Act 1998. I declare that the information provided will not be used for any purposes unrelated to this enquiry.

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #18 on: 10 November 2011, 11:52:54 pm »
How about:
I am entitled to the information cos I don't like paying through the nose for insurance and tax while a bunch of theiving bastard pikeys get away with under the nose of the old bill just because it's too much hassle to assume the same level of justice applies to them as it does me.

I may have suffered a slight PC glitch...

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #19 on: 11 November 2011, 06:21:57 pm »
How about:

And that concludes the case for the Defence, my Lord...

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 November 2011, 12:15:00 am »
Paid???  www.askmid.com is free if you declare it's your vehicle.....

So he's just become liable for the tax on all those vehicles he (never actually) checked.  Whoops :rollin

I am entitled to the information cos I don't like paying through the nose for insurance and tax while a bunch of theiving bastard pikeys get away with under the nose of the old bill just because it's too much hassle to assume the same level of justice applies to them as it does me.

How about 'we' just make up a whole load of nasty shite as usual?

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #21 on: 12 November 2011, 12:39:19 am »
Just my personal opinion, I don't expect anyone else to put their name to it.
Bet I'm not alone though...
I have no issue with traditional gypsies, I have great respect for their way of life, it's the parasitic bastards that use the law when it suits them and ignore it when theres a quid to be made from us tax payers or anyone that has the nerve to leave copper pipes on the outside of their house, or lead on their church roofs, they are the ones I call pikeys, not proper gypsies that travel to follow the seasonal work available.
Lets liven this thread up and jump to the defence of pikeys, orderly queue please...

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13 November 2011, 02:23:16 pm »
Just my personal opinion, I don't expect anyone else to put their name to it.
Bet I'm not alone though...
I have no issue with traditional gypsies, I have great respect for their way of life, it's the parasitic bastards that use the law when it suits them and ignore it when theres a quid to be made from us tax payers or anyone that has the nerve to leave copper pipes on the outside of their house, or lead on their church roofs, they are the ones I call pikeys, not proper gypsies that travel to follow the seasonal work available.
Lets liven this thread up and jump to the defence of pikeys, orderly queue please...

Pikeys I like.................
Pikeys I don't like....................
There is an established Pikey community, sorry can't call them gypsies, in Craigavon, where I'm from.  They arrived about ten years ago,  and there was something akin to Dale Farm.  Eventually,  the council actually built a mini estate for them!
They all have Republic of Ireland registrations on their cars and caravans as that way, they don't have to tax their vehicles, no mot, and most likely no insurance either.     The reason for this is that they claim benefits on both sides of the border,  and a lot have caravans down south as well.
They make a pretty good living,  as none of them have jobs, and keep to themselves.   Except when a feud breaks out between families and the police have to move in and arrest them,  as the violence spills over onto non pikey land,  or if it's serious, they call the ambulance and police themselves when clan members suffer knife, hammer or axe wounds.   
There is a lot of stereotypical bigotry on this subject,  but they are a drain on the welfare system,  and abuse it willy nilly.
The only threat the local Gypo community pose is if you have horses that aren't branded.    They nick them and sell them at their famous horse fair gatherings.
Wouldn't want to tangle with them though.  They are invariably hard bastards,  and excellent scrappers.
Head Focced

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 November 2011, 03:24:13 pm »
I've never been able to get my head round them calling themselves travellers and then complaining that they are going to lose the home that they've illegally camped on for the last 10 years or whatever.  Surely, to be a traveller they have to travel otherwise they are simply caravaners that park on an illegal site?