Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:31 pm

Author Topic: What was your first car ?  (Read 18556 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: What was your first car ?
« Reply #75 on: 06 November 2011, 01:07:32 pm »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 06 November 2011, 01:08:46 pm »
No edit button again I see.  Grrrr.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 06 November 2011, 01:32:48 pm »
That's not the actual one, I shared  it with my Mum. 
Dreadful thing.  I spent every other weekend filling in the holes in it.  Then I pranged it against a gate post damaging the drivers side wing badly.  I drilled a hole in the side, got some wood in behind and pulled.  Out it came, but when I looked under the bonnet the bulkhead seam had split as well.  I, umm, just threw some more shit from the bulk buy tin of fibreglass I had.

I then eventually tried to kill it.  I never changed gear till it revved out, but it just kept going, gutless but bullet proof 850cc engine.  Top speed just over 60mph.  Could get stuck on steep junctions with three passengers and caused tail backs on long hills. 

It might have been dog slow but you could scare the shits out of folks with it.  Super soggy suspension, fly down farm tracks or just stick it up on two wheels going round roundabouts. 

I did see one that had been in a bad accident, it was spread all over the place.   Scary. 

But no the first car that was all mine, apart from buying it, was an Opel Rekord 2.0S.  My Dad gave it to me, it probably had well over 120,000 miles on the clock (the speedo didn't work for a while), it was worthless but it went.  I loved it, abused it and ran it into the ground.  It was totally focced by time I scrapped it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jk1971/4373773676/" title="Opel Rekord E 2.0S by jenskramer, on Flickr

Then I bought my Dad's old 1983 Cavalier SRi.  I wish I hadn't.  He been trying to run it on unleaded.  And my Dad's never wrong.  No it was him that burn't out the inlet valves it was me thrashing it.  Aye right.  So I learned how to get the head off and fix it.  Then I learned about stretch bolts and did it all again.  Then I leaned never to neglect cam belt changes, away we went again.  I was tempted to stick that head on with wing nuts and carry a spare gasket in the boot.  Anyway I wrecked that too eventually. 

Since I've had a 1992 Cavalier SRi, scrapped that, and now on a VW Bora 2.0S

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 06 November 2011, 01:36:27 pm »
Foccing no edit button  :groan