Date: 27-04-24  Time: 01:53 am

Author Topic: Hello, Essex/London FZS owner  (Read 1618 times)

dcurzon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Internet of Things
Hello, Essex/London FZS owner
« on: 28 October 2013, 12:08:58 pm »
Hi, ok, not my first post, but hello anyways!
Been a long time biker, seen some things, done... stuff...  but took a 5 year break from the bikes.  But,  fed up of £250-300 / month train commuting, I picked up a '99 Fazer, 1 owner from new, 44k on the clock. Not in bad shape actually, runs well, but needs the 'touch'....   First few weeks were a bit wobbly but now nearly a couple of months in and getting back to speed.
Speed... ah yes!  Well, i'll never be as quick as i was!  Isn't that the old saying?
Anyway, i digress...  50 mile round trip daily Essex > London > Essex and enjoying it!
These fazer lights are pretty shit though eh?  Dual beam mod done, Osram's installed, and yes, improved! But not great.  Think i may go HID.  Or maybe not... i dunno.  Part of the bigger picture here is to keep the costs right down to a minimum, else it'll be just like catching the train again!  Either way, i need to see :D

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, Essex/London FZS owner
« Reply #1 on: 28 October 2013, 01:38:57 pm »
Welcome.  Come and meet us on sunday.  Check the November lofo (london foccers) thread in the meets/ rideouts section. An if u do watch out for Red98....he's a dodgy bastid :-)
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2013, 02:58:30 pm »
oiiiiii....i aint dodgy  :lol ....no need to watch out for me its EXUPNUT you want to be careful of....invited CHRISTO to stay the night at his gaff and we aint seen him since  :eek :eek ............welcome to the forum matey,hope you have a sense of humour  ;) ...your going to need it  :lol
One, is never going to be enough.....

dcurzon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Internet of Things
« Reply #3 on: 28 October 2013, 03:05:20 pm »
i think i'll be able to hold my own... ;)

unlike poor christo

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 October 2013, 03:54:12 pm »
Hahahahahaha ur gonna fit in just fine
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

redrat

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 October 2013, 04:51:53 pm »
Welcome fella  :)
Hi, ok, not my first post, but hello anyways!
Been a long time biker, seen some things, done... stuff...  but took a 5 year break from the bikes.  But,  fed up of £250-300 / month train commuting, I picked up a '99 Fazer, 1 owner from new, 44k on the clock. Not in bad shape actually, runs well, but needs the 'touch'....   First few weeks were a bit wobbly but now nearly a couple of months in and getting back to speed.
Speed... ah yes!  Well, i'll never be as quick as i was!  Isn't that the old saying?
Anyway, i digress...  50 mile round trip daily Essex > London > Essex and enjoying it!
These fazer lights are pretty shit though eh?  Dual beam mod done, Osram's installed, and yes, improved! But not great.  Think i may go HID.  Or maybe not... i dunno.  Part of the bigger picture here is to keep the costs right down to a minimum, else it'll be just like catching the train again!  Either way, i need to see :D
rather die on my feet than live on my knees .

dcurzon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Internet of Things
« Reply #6 on: 28 October 2013, 04:59:37 pm »
Welcome fella  :)

hey redrat, been up anywhere high today?