Date: 28-03-24  Time: 09:31 am

Author Topic: Down the pub - the thread about nothing and everything  (Read 112399 times)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Down the pub - the thread about nothing and everything
« Reply #800 on: 23 March 2024, 08:31:15 am »
My cousin who is a nurse said that drink spiking is actually very common these days, even though you don't hear or know much about it. Although saying that you do see the odd info pop up on the news occasionally about it. But then when i've explained to people i know what "may" have happened to me i was quite shocked when 3 or 4 people said they've been spiked before too, but their memory is quite vague about the finer details.

Due to me not been properly seen in hospital until roughly 11 or 12hrs later meant that any drugs that are normally used for this type of thing would've been well out of my system by then, which is why nothing was found.

I asked hospital doctors about a possible stroke or anything similar and they said that was ruled out and nothing found to be untoward.

The other possible explanation is a very 'rare' but very possible strong side effect to a 2 week course of a pill medicine i was taking for a skin rash. I fully understand that virtually all medicines have the leaflet in the pack warning you of stuff that "could" effect you, but if you read them word for word you'd never take any medicine at all out of fear.
But when i read this one it said about a 'serious allergic reaction' and part of it then said Call 999 if "You suddenly become very confused, drowsy or dizzy, or someone faints and cannot be woken up."
Kind of hit the jackpot with that description.
After leaving hospital after 6 weeks i found just one tablet left, and it was dated to be taken on the day i fell.
Never really took any notice about it then but a few weeks ago i was prescribed the same drugs again for the same rash, and after one daily tablet had a banging headache and was bumping into everything when walking around the house. Took another the next morning and same again, banging headache and walking like a pinball.
I reported this verbally and online to my GP to make sure they knew about this.

Another thing i've been suffering with is called BPPV, which is a posh name for vertigo, and according to a consultant i spoke to is a very common issue after a head injury.
Strangely though, after doing my own research i found instruction videos on YouTube on how to get rid of this constant 'unstable' feeling i suffered for ages as soon as i woke up until i went to bed. At a guess i reckon i eventually sorted that out after about 5 days of learning about it, watching videos, and more importantly seeing a picture of what is actually going on and why.
I should've been told about this though, and no doubt many others, if it is a common side effect from a specific injury. But i found out by searching my problems online and mentioning it to the consultant then they just blurted it out as if it was all common knowledge i should've been aware of, but it really isn't.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: 23 March 2024, 10:57:52 am »
I know nothing about medicine but I would of thought that as you had been taking it for almost 2 weeks then you would have had an "episode" earlier in the course. That not see before bloke in your local sounds suspicious, its a shame that CTV footage has been wiped, but there may be a way to retrieve it, I belive the way digital media is wiped is by just making space available and the original is still there - or something like that.   :book
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: 25 March 2024, 09:22:02 am »
I know nothing about medicine but I would of thought that as you had been taking it for almost 2 weeks then you would have had an "episode" earlier in the course. That not see before bloke in your local sounds suspicious, its a shame that CTV footage has been wiped, but there may be a way to retrieve it, I belive the way digital media is wiped is by just making space available and the original is still there - or something like that.   :book

I don't actually know why i fell, all i've done is narrow it down to all the evidence i can find and i've got it down to primarily having my drink spiked by someone unfamiliar to me who i've never seen before and realistically is also the last person i recall seeing, or secondly that medication i was on was put into play when when i read about the rare but possible side effects.
I can't even rule out that a mixture of both combined sped things up a bit either?

I already knew for a fact that that the CCTV has a one month cycle then copies over itself because i'd asked before many years ago. But this time was simpler because i know a woman who works in head office so just text her and she gave me the exact same response.
I would imagine than in normal circumstance 1 month (4 weeks) is more than enough as if needed they'd usually be contacted over the next few days by either a customer or the police.
In my case no police were involved at all, and i very barely remember the first 4 weeks of hospital in the London brain trauma unit, and was only let out of the next hospital after about 6 weeks. I think it was about 4 to 5 weeks before i could even walk on my own to the toilet so i kind of had more important issues on my mind to deal with.

Right now though, i'm the only person trying to find out the truth, with very little evidence to play with.
I can only have had about 4 pints, i checked the NHS website to make sure alcohol is okay to drink with the meds and it says absolutely fine, but i do only go out on a Saturday so "may" have triggered something for the side effects to kick in?
Without evidence the police literally won't want to know, so i'm not even going to entertain their lack of interest response.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: 25 March 2024, 09:25:37 am »

I don't actually know why i fell, all i've done is narrow it down to all the evidence i can find and i've got it down to primarily having my drink spiked by someone unfamiliar to me who i've never seen before and realistically is also the last person i recall seeing, or secondly that medication i was on was put into play when when i read about the rare but possible side effects.
I can't even rule out that a mixture of both combined sped things up a bit either?

I already knew for a fact that that the CCTV has a one month cycle then copies over itself because i'd asked before many years ago. But this time was simpler because i know a woman who works in head office so just text her and she gave me the exact same response.
I would imagine than in normal circumstance 1 month (4 weeks) is more than enough as if needed they'd usually be contacted over the next few days by either a customer or the police.
In my case no police were involved at all, and i very barely remember the first 4 weeks of hospital in the London brain trauma unit, and was only let out of the next hospital after about 6 weeks. I think it was about 4 to 5 weeks before i could even walk on my own to the toilet so i kind of had more important issues on my mind to deal with.

Right now though, i'm the only person trying to find out the truth, with very little evidence to play with.
I can only have had about 4 pints, i checked the NHS website to make sure alcohol is okay to drink with the meds and it says absolutely fine, but i do only go out on a Saturday so "may" have triggered something for the side effects to kick in?
Without evidence the police literally won't want to know, so i'm not even going to entertain their lack of interest response.