Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Ivan kit and revisit to cold starting

<< < (2/11) > >>

NitramA:
Brand new about 200 miles ago.

unfazed:
Has the problem only come to light since you changed the AIR filter?Out of curiosity what make is the air filter?

CatalinU:

--- Quote from: Ricky on 20 October 2019, 10:40:19 am ---After I had my bike Ivanised I found the bike more difficult to start at first. I now find the bike a bit more temperamental and may need a few goes to start.

--- End quote ---

Same here, nothing to bad, just  the start and then i have to let it warm up, then runs like rocket :D

ogri48:

gen ones are getting old, and like any old carbed bike, its realistic to expect to up both preventative and emergency maintenance mate. I wouldn't fit the Ivans until youve solved the problem, otherwise its just more blind alleyways looking for the answer.
If you take your carbs out and thoroughly clean everything (including every tiny hole in emulsion tubes etc) not only may you solve it, but it will make it far easier the second time around to get the carbs in and out for the Ivans, as you will have a better idea of the steps involved.
Im slowly working on my xjr13; have replaced the stock inlets for 36y unrestricted jobbies, cleaned carbs along with checking float heights and balance, 4degree ignition advancer and 17t gearbox sprocket (stock is 18), but do everything one step at a time then try the bike for a few days before moving on to the next job(in my case its the AIS).
The good thing about the fazer is its pretty much engineering from the ark, so you will be able to sort it mate :) mine starts better with the Ivans but I have to let the pump prime fully, and im running slightly richer than ivans instructions.

NitramA:
I couldn’t agree more about taking one step at a time.
This is the second time I’ve taken the carbs off and the very reason I didn’t install Ivan’s kit then was that I didn’t want to confuse myself with multiple problems.
Second time round the carbs almost came out on their own!
Last time I cleaned out the jets and there was a marked improvement in the way it went.
I was just left with the cold start issue.
Looking at YouTube, the Haynes manual and posts on this forum, I think I’ve not properly cleaned some muck out from somewhere.
The way everything is interconnected leads me to believe it’s still gummed up which gives odd symptoms that may be nothing to do with the choke.
Looking at them now, all choke plungers move freely and I can see,them opening up the galleries in the carb body.
If I don’t find anything concrete in there Ivan will have to wait.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version