Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:26 am

Author Topic: wow! good job we won the war huh...  (Read 1513 times)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 07 July 2020, 08:19:42 pm by BBROWN1664 »

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: wow! good job we won the war huh...
« Reply #1 on: 07 July 2020, 09:10:00 pm »
Thin end of the wedge if that fuckin' works. :thumbdown
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2020, 06:01:36 am »
It's an excessive noise ban they're proposing. Perhaps it's like over here where completely unsilenced, deafeningly loud 125's on L-plates are giving everyone else a bad name.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2020, 10:10:21 am »
It's an excessive noise ban they're proposing. Perhaps it's like over here where completely unsilenced, deafeningly loud 125's on L-plates are giving everyone else a bad name.
and Harleys  :)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2020, 10:24:13 am »
Perhaps it's like over here where completely unsilenced, deafeningly loud 125's on L-plates are giving everyone else a bad name.

It wasn't a 125 that I heard blatting up and down Winston Churchill Avenue a few nights ago at about 11pm...

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2020, 10:35:13 am »
and Harleys  :)
:lol :thumbup

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2020, 01:07:57 pm »
Perhaps it's like over here where completely unsilenced, deafeningly loud 125's on L-plates are giving everyone else a bad name.

It wasn't a 125 that I heard blatting up and down Winston Churchill Avenue a few nights ago at about 11pm...

No was probably an equally chavvy bellend in a Fiat Punto with what I can only assume is a paint tin for an exhaust pipe.... but thats fine because its not a motorbike so he will able to continue as he likes 🙄

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 July 2020, 07:11:50 pm »
 I’ve no doubt something will happen here soon.
It seems to me that the majority of Harley owners fit short slash pipes or similar, with zero silencing.  They are annoying and anti-socially loud.
Then there is the trend for cut down cans.  Plus, loads of modern bikes being de-catted, which often means replacing the combined cat/silencer with a bit of stainless tube, along with a six inch straight through ‘silencer’.
Some of these bikes can make you jump as they pass they are so foccing loud.
All the boy racers are in on it now too.  De-catted hot hatches, free flow exhausts, and worst of all ‘crackle and pop’ tunes.  The people who sell and set up ‘crackle and pop’ tunes along with those that own such modified vehicles – well how about hang and quatre – foccin muppits.
Look I like bikes and cars that sound good, that make a wee bit of noise.  But I also like to be able to start my bike at 7 in the morning and ride off down the street without annoying anybody. 
I fear that bikers are, and because of ever increasing noise, once again being seen in general by many as anti-social pests,
At some point there’s gonna be new laws and enforcement.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 July 2020, 07:58:00 pm »
The people who sell and set up ‘crackle and pop’ tunes along with those that own such modified vehicles – well how about hang and quatre – foccin muppits.

Like this wqnker - why isnt his Mum getting a knock on the door from PC plod. The police need to get off their knees remove their nail varnish do some work.

There is some moron around where I live with it and it just sounds like the car is broken. 

I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 July 2020, 08:34:13 pm »

The twat in that video says how it's the hot exhaust pipe that's igniting unburnt fuel and that you need the pipe nice and hot....but it also works well with a cold exhaust :rolleyes . What the foc is he on about?. How can it light off both hot and cold?.

Anyway I thought it was flame from successful combustion following on behind the unburnt fuel in the exhaust that ignited it?.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 July 2020, 08:47:07 pm »

The twat in that video says how it's the hot exhaust pipe that's igniting unburnt fuel and that you need the pipe nice and hot....but it also works well with a cold exhaust :rolleyes . What the foc is he on about?. How can it light off both hot and cold?.

Anyway I thought it was flame from successful combustion following on behind the unburnt fuel in the exhaust that ignited it?.

I believe its something along those lines 🤷‍♂️

What I don't understand is when I was having my bike tuned the guy made sure to get rid of all the pops and bangs because, as you say, its unburnt fuel exploding too far down the exhaust system which in turn means the motor isn't running as efficiently (ie perfect power/torque etc not emissions wise) as it could be. Make sense.. all fuel should be getting burnt in the cylinder and not making it into the exhaust
Yet when I went to BSB last year most of the bikes were popping and farting all over the place?
Now I would have thought those bikes were tuned for the maximum amount of efficient power? I can't imagine their engine management teams would have the engine set up to run anyway but the best it can be?

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 July 2020, 08:50:15 pm »

Not watched that video.

But some of these tunes are squirting a little fuel in when you come off the throttle.  So, with no spark when you lift the throttle, that fuels goes into the exhaust to give you some crackle and pop.

Now get this.   I’m told some of these fucking wankers fit a spark plug, apparently just after the last box, so I am told, and have got it wired up so it sparks every time they left right off the pedal.  Those are the guys making the big bangs and backfires everywhere they go.

It’s not just annoying and anti-social but it can give people a serious fright.  It’s also a serious issue for folks with cats and dogs, horses, not to mention detrimental to wildlife.

I could go on. 

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 July 2020, 08:57:14 pm »
That, literally, sounds like one of the twerps round this way. It sounds like a loose connection in the ignition circuit that's breaking and connecting a hundred times a second. Just a constant wave of misfire. Surely that must damage the engine long-term?. Pity it don't foc it up short-term :rolleyes

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 July 2020, 09:36:15 pm »
That, literally, sounds like one of the twerps round this way. It sounds like a loose connection in the ignition circuit that's breaking and connecting a hundred times a second. Just a constant wave of misfire. Surely that must damage the engine long-term?. Pity it don't foc it up short-term :rolleyes
That's it like a bin full of empty paint tine being tipped down a metal stair case --- it sounds stupid.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: 26 July 2020, 07:35:22 pm »
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again