Date: 19-04-24  Time: 07:18 am

Author Topic: Rad Hoses  (Read 82085 times)

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Rad Hoses
« Reply #300 on: 29 March 2013, 08:00:41 pm »
Those look great DBfazer600!

Do you mean the chunky one at the top right hand side of the radiator is a bit short? have any of you other guys had a problem with that??

Cheers,

Chris

No its the thin long one. Had to re-rout as original is cabled tied to the chunky one.

Daz

Ok, I see that Cai's doesn't look quite as tight as yours and he has it coming down behind the other pipe at the carb end, maybe that'll leave it a bit more slack...

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 29 March 2013, 08:34:17 pm »

Do you mean the chunky one at the top right hand side of the radiator is a bit short? have any of you other guys had a problem with that??

Cheers,

Chris

No its the thin long one. Had to re-rout as original is cabled tied to the chunky one.

Daz

Ok, I see that Cai's doesn't look quite as tight as yours and he has it coming down behind the other pipe at the carb end, maybe that'll leave it a bit more slack...

Chris

You could always do what i did by mistake & use it as the resorvoir overflow instead.

Still looks good.

I would say that though wouldnt i :rolleyes

How did you get on with the chunky one above it that goes to the filler spout.....i would have rather stormed a german foxhole than try that again :eek ......the filler end was tricky to squeeze up enough & get purchase with the clip, i kept tightening the clip on the soft bit just below.the fairing was always in the way too.

Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 29 March 2013, 08:37:14 pm »
But you managed it  ;)

Wouldn't be fun if it was easy  :b

Chris

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 29 March 2013, 08:49:56 pm »
Oh it was fun chris!!!!! :grumble

Youve got a whole lot o fun comin your way soon dont you worry :lol

But jus think on this....every day my blue hoses are fitted my bike gets faster & faster so you better get praying to the post god that yours come soon or your bike will look like a nsr125 in comparison.

& remember...............darrsi is always watching!!!!! :lol

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 29 March 2013, 08:55:16 pm »
Has Darrsi given you your hug yet?? hehe.

I'm sure it'll be fun. Like the fun my dad and I had today while refitting my brake discs...  :(

Ended up having to re-tap all the holes as the powder coat primer had gone in all the holes and blocked the threads, don't know why the powder coating company didn't block the holes but never mind, thank god my dad has all the tools I could ever need to use!

Chris

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 29 March 2013, 08:56:59 pm »

Cheers,

Chris

Daz

Chris

You could always do what i did by mistake & use it as the resorvoir overflow instead.

Still looks good.

How did you get on with the chunky one above it that goes to the filler spout.....i would have rather stormed a german foxhole than try that again :eek ......the filler end was tricky to squeeze up enough & get purchase with the clip, i kept tightening the clip on the soft bit just below.the fairing was always in the way too.

:rollin  As I took off the original I simply lined it up the same but put clip half wa down pipe. I did this after fixing other end to radiator. I Had problems with the small hoses to radiator so I took it off fixed one hoes to radiator and other to bike then its a push on. Fixed the hose to the small metal pipe (one that is shown to haave broke in Cia photo) Had Bro to help with this part. I also drained the reserviour by disconecting the hose at the radiator side as this stops it pissing all over the bike.

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 29 March 2013, 09:01:37 pm »
Handy tips here for the rest of us who haven't fitted them yet!

Cheers boys  8)

Chris

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 29 March 2013, 09:10:59 pm »
When draining I usually ease off the lower of the two pipes on the lower left hand side of the bike before they connect in to the block. Since its one of the lowest points you should get all the fluid out, I just take the cap off the filler to let air in. Obviously some pipes will still contain some fluid

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 29 March 2013, 09:16:14 pm »

Cheers,

Chris

Daz

Chris

Still looks good.

:rollin  As I took off the original I simply lined it up the same but put clip half wa down pipe. I did this after fixing other end to radiator. I Had problems with the small hoses to radiator so I took it off fixed one hoes to radiator and other to bike then its a push on. Fixed the hose to the small metal pipe (one that is shown to haave broke in Cia photo) Had Bro to help with this part. I also drained the reserviour by disconecting the hose at the radiator side as this stops it pissing all over the bike.

Daz

Hey daz,some good pointers there,coz im back to front i prob had less hassle wi the rad pipes than the bigger ones :D ,by less i still mean lots but just not so much :lol .

Not trying to be funny but im a bit curious abouthow you drained the resorvoir through the rad.do you mean through the power of suction?

As far as i could tell looking at the resorvoir, the lowest part was the dodgy hose i couldnt get to, i was tempted to just rip it off in a fit of rage but as you say the coolant woulda gone all over the swing arm etc & made a royal mess,i of course sooked it out with a pump via the filler cap,how did you manage it, was it as simple as sucking through that same hose??????

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 29 March 2013, 09:17:18 pm »
When draining I usually ease off the lower of the two pipes on the lower left hand side of the bike before they connect in to the block. Since its one of the lowest points you should get all the fluid out, I just take the cap off the filler to let air in. Obviously some pipes will still contain some fluid

+1, not that i've done the job yet but this is what I was planning to do.

Chris

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 29 March 2013, 09:24:16 pm »
Noggy, I simply traced where the pipe went to from the reservoir and disconnected it and threaded it back through the bike and drained. I did that much I could have got it wrong on the earlier post.
Their is also a plastic clip on the frame it ran through which I could not get back on so I used a tie to secure it in place after refitting. So if you can do not pull the clip out if you can thread it through. I am unsure if its possible.
Daz

Ps Yes it is the pipe that goes to the filler cap as over flow.
« Last Edit: 29 March 2013, 09:32:08 pm by dBfazer600 »

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 29 March 2013, 09:37:36 pm »
Noggy, I simply traced where the pipe went to from the reservoir and disconnected it and threaded it back through the bike and drained. I did that much I could have got it wrong on the earlier post.
Their is also a plastic clip on the frame it ran through which I could not get back on so I used a tie to secure it in place after refitting. So if you can do not pull the clip out if you can thread it through. I am unsure if its possible.
Daz

Fair play big db...that was some mighty thinking,nice one,i wondered when youd realise how to do it that way. :rolleyes

Of course i would've done it that way myself but i was too much of a gimp to dare move stuff outta situ at that stage. :b
plus i didnt have a clue what i was doing anyway......i reckon if id fallen over on that day right into a pile o shit i woulda come out smellin of roses.

I thank the baby  :faz  jesus!!!!!!!! 8)

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 29 March 2013, 09:39:39 pm »
Right, stop spamming the thread boys! haha!  :D

I'm sure you always smell of roses Noggy  :lol

Chris

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 29 March 2013, 09:45:21 pm »
Daz

Fair play big db...that was some mighty thinking,nice one,i wondered when youd realise how to do it that way. :rolleyes

Of course i would've done it that way myself but i was too much of a gimp to dare move stuff outta situ at that stage. :b
plus i didnt have a clue what i was doing anyway......i reckon if id fallen over on that day right into a pile o shit i woulda come out smellin of roses.

I thank the baby  :faz  jesus!!!!!!!! 8)

The brain only kicks in once a day so that was me buggered after that one  :lol

Daz

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 29 March 2013, 09:51:48 pm »

The brain only kicks in once a day so that was me buggered after that one  :lol

Daz

:rollin

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 29 March 2013, 11:45:55 pm »
Got mine finished today! Also changed the gold wheel tape to red to try and get a theme going, completely gutted though as my old man managed to snap the lower left pipe off the radiator! Tried using evo-stik liquid metal an thought if saved it but after ten minutes of running it it popped back off! Any ideas? Don't really want the extra expense of a new rad!

Fazer Spares have a rad for £90....problem is, they have a notice up saying that they are not open until 13th April for some reason.

In the meantime I chance using JB Weld for metal. It's one of the best bonding agents out there. But it needs about 6 hours to bond, so I would recommend that you leave it bond overnight.

FZSCai

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 30 March 2013, 09:21:25 am »
Got mine finished today! Also changed the gold wheel tape to red to try and get a theme going, completely gutted though as my old man managed to snap the lower left pipe off the radiator! Tried using evo-stik liquid metal an thought if saved it but after ten minutes of running it it popped back off! Any ideas? Don't really want the extra expense of a new rad!

Fazer Spares have a rad for £90....problem is, they have a notice up saying that they are not open until 13th April for some reason.

In the meantime I chance using JB Weld for metal. It's one of the best bonding agents out there. But it needs about 6 hours to bond, so I would recommend that you leave it bond overnight.

Cheers think I will try and get some jb weld and leave it for a day or so, I have managed to find a slightly bent one for a tenner! So I'm going to pick that up today and use it as a temp untill I can get my hands on a decent one as not sure if I'd want to rely on a bonded joint when blitzing about on it,

Cheers for the jb weld idea

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 30 March 2013, 10:28:31 am »

Cheers think I will try and get some jb weld and leave it for a day or so, I have managed to find a slightly bent one for a tenner! So I'm going to pick that up today and use it as a temp untill I can get my hands on a decent one as not sure if I'd want to rely on a bonded joint when blitzing about on it,

Cheers for the jb weld idea

Cai if it makes you feel any better then that was obviously a weak point,waiting to go so just as well it happened in the garage than out on a big run somewhere.

I like how you also blamed yur dad.......nice move ha ha :lol

FZSCai

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 30 March 2013, 12:18:31 pm »
I like how you also blamed yur dad.......nice move ha ha :lol

Ha I was waiting for that, honestly I started it then he got in from work an helped with the last pipes on the rad and on the very last pipe to go on he slipped and took it clean off, gutted, weathers been clear aswell gutted, but hopefully back on the road Monday!

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 30 March 2013, 05:05:23 pm »
Right everyone,

I've just heard back from David at SFS, he's still checking emails even though he's on holiday.  :eek

I'm going to fit my new kit when it arrives. I'll then take off any original pipes that are still on my bike at the end of it and send them to SFS to be added to the kits. He said he'll look at the pipes and sort out their side of it when he gets back from his holiday.

He'll then get them made up and send them out to us, hopefully without extra cost but we'll just have to wait and see!

Chris

Stedman8

• DAS Born Again
  • it aint easy bein' sleazy
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 30 March 2013, 05:40:38 pm »
Nice one Chris
get off the cooker granny, you're too old to ride the range

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 30 March 2013, 06:05:17 pm »
Second that.
Daz  8)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 30 March 2013, 06:06:35 pm »
& thrice!!!! 8)

We need a like button!

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 30 March 2013, 06:21:37 pm »
No problem guys, Thanks for all being understanding and patient  8)

It'll mean keeping my bike off the road a bit longer, as it's almost ready for it's MOT, but it'll give me a bit more time to fiddle with the rest of it! haha.

Take care,

Chris

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 01 April 2013, 01:49:32 pm »
YAY!! Recieved my kit today!!  8)

You're right they do smell good! haha!

Will get them fitted and the other bits and pieces sent on toSFS soon.

Chris